šŸ“‘ Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190

Im sorry @DaveCozy, im new to rpg and this list is overwhelming. Its well done, dont get me wrong. And even though Iā€™ve been playing for a yr and a half, iā€™ve just gotten the hang of phrases like def down and defense and offense.

What I canā€™t figure out is what overwrites what and what stacks. Can you direct me to a thread or info that delineates this? :thinking: Maybe written for the uneducated?

Thank you, amrath

1 Like

The table in the first post has a 4th column that shows what overwrites that buff or ailment. On your phone you have to scroll to the right to see it.

The game doesnā€™t tell us this, but basically thereā€™s a rule that anything with a similar effect does not stack. The only exceptions to this rule are the Dice and Muscle buffs from Wu Kong / Ranvir and Tarlak / Miki respectively ā€“ those are allowed to stack with other attack buffs and ailments.

I also wrote a primer on overwriting here:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I see a lot of studying in my near future, lol.

1 Like

Guide updated with all new status effects that came with the release of Season III:

Notes on new status effects below:

Brynhild

Brynhildā€™s dispel protection only protects from having buffs dispelled ā€“ so Melendor and Sabina canā€™t get rid of her buffs on her or allies.

Removers such as Ameonna allies can still remove all buffs though ā€“ because a removal superseeds a dispel.

Also, itā€™s still possible to overwrite her buffs with their opposites. That means Little John can still use his skill and apply a mana delay ManaGenDown, which replaces Brynhildā€™s mana speed buff ManaGenUp. Mist can also do the same, as well as replace the Special Skill defense buff DefUp_Special with her Special Skill defense debuff DefDown_Special

By-Ulf

Note that the ailment shield buff AilmentShield from a flank like Gato can block the boast Boast40x41, 50% ailment, and also block the resulting undispellable ailments that follow after Boastā€™s turn count expires.

Kvasir

Existing minions stay with the owner of the ailment, but no more minions can be summoned until the effect is dispelled or the turn count runs out.

Mist

Note that a special skill defense buff can be overwritten by Mistā€™s special skill defense down debuff. The reverse is also true, so long as the target doesnā€™t have the buff block ailment (this can only happen when facing Monks ā€“ if the Monk withstands the buff block ailment but not the SS defense down)

Also note that the Buff Block status effect prevents buffs from overwriting negative ailments as well. For e.g. Sir Lancelot canā€™t overwrite the negative mana delay ManaGenDown with his mana speed buff ManaGenUp , since the buff block ailment prevents new buffs BuffShield. However, Rigard and other cleansers can still dispel it.

Sif

The damage reduction buff applies after counter-attack Riposte damage has been calculated.

Also note that Rangers can pierce through both the counter-attack buff and the damage reduction buffs :bow_and_arrow:

Stonecleave

Unlike Ameonna, he can get hit by Holy enemies. Note that Holy skill effects still donā€™t work on him ā€“ e.g. you can hit him with Chao while in Ghost form, but you canā€™t decrease his mana.

7 Likes

Borilā€™s is a counter-attack not a Reflect like Ursanaā€™s, therefore I wouldnā€™t expect them to overwrite each otherā€™s buffs.

2 Likes

Guide updated with Norns Twist of Fate effect:

Note that this only applies against elemental damage, not skill damage.

Please see this guide for what is considered elemental damage:

7 Likes

Guide updated! Added in Malosiā€™s status block effect.

Note that Malosi only blocks status effects and stacks from being casted.

For what is considered a status effect, please see the first post in this guide.

Iā€™ll be working on adding in a section for Stacks in my current Status Effects guide, in the near future as well :slight_smile: Look forward to it!

3 Likes

Thank you,thank you,thank you. I have been looking for something like this!

1 Like

Stacks added!

Iā€™ve updated the guide to include a table of stacks available:

The Mana down and Frost damage effects will be released with Skadi, an upcoming S3 hero.

Additionally, Iā€™ve included an explanation of Stacks in the 3rd post of this guide:

3 Likes

hello I have one short question, if Wu kong gives + 185% to attack, if being in the attacking team, e.g. from Gaderius or Rigard + 30%, are their increased attacks cumulative or not? What is the situation then when one starts during the strengthening effect of the other of the heroes???

Have a look at this topic from the beginning :point_up:

Usually, an effect with a different symbol will stack.

So, Wu gamblers stance will stack with standard attack buff like Gad and C.Rigard.

Same icons will overwrite, so a red bear banner will overwrite Boldtusk, even though itā€™s a weaker buff. The newest effect will overwrite.

If you tap and hold a hero or monster in the game, you can see whatā€™s active and their current stat line.

A few buffs specifically state they are capped at s certain %, like Tarlakā€™s.
A few buffs and ailments are undispellable, so they wonā€™t be overwritten. Always read the smallprint!

1 Like

Might have missed it in here but here is the new Fenrir Blind icon

3 Likes

This refers to his family bonus. Fenrir might be the only Niflheim hero yet. (!?)

Not quite sure what you are saying/asking, but the Realm Bonuses work with one heroā€¦do not need a second hero like family bonuses.

1 Like

Think he was saying that the effect isnā€™t just limited to Fenrir but any other Niflheim realm hero too (not that there are any othersā€¦ YET)

But youā€™re right, none of the S3 Realm Bonus Icons/ effects are in @DaveCozy guide yet.

3 Likes

Yeah I gotta add them all :tired_face:

Thanks for this one! Iā€™ll grab them all and then work on adding them to the guide.

3 Likes

oh yeah, I just call it Fenrir blind because im lazy and dont want to spell out Niflheim lol

3 Likes

Why do ppl neglect 3 and 4 * heroesā€¦
Guess Iā€™ll start a thread about nerfiā€¦ (ups) about donā€™t forget about 3 and 4* heroesā€¦ Fenrir is not alone! He has some 3* kids on his family!

1 Like

Exactly what I meant. My maths-brain only works this way.

Ei-Dun and By-Ulf is Fenrir family (Niflheim)

2 Likes