Stats on Margaret

Margaret is worse than the standard heroes no one uses, what kind of HotM is that?

My Margaret has been 260 almost a year, haven’t use her In 10 months

I use her quite a bit and I find her very useful.

Titan team - High tile damage and dodges Titan specials.

War - I put her in the middle of one of my mono green teams. If the other team has snipers she really does well. Basically, steals their mana and gets a mana boost for whoever dodges it.

1 Like

Seems to be okay, but i still think

• the dodge should be for 4 rounds
  • dodge chance fixed to 60%

This or little correcture on the dodge chance.

I dont have her and find it very irritating not to know how much dodge chance I effectively have when vela fires. Or drake fong.
Its just messy to say “the higher the damage the bigger the dodgechance”

Whats with JF ? Is the dodge chance against him 0% due to no initial damage?

Yes, JF is 0%…same as he can avoid riposte.

You would be surprised how much she dodges GM, Drake and other lower impact hitters.

Yes I always thought she is funny but 20% dodge is completely underpowered compared to drakefong and his 35% miss chance… and he has a liiiittle damage additionally.

Ah but she gives mana when the dodge happens.

She reminds me of MN (stay with me)…a lot of battles are over before she even fires once…but, there are those times when she completely saves the day. Margaret is like that. A lot of the time she isn’t involved but there are those battles that she makes a huge difference in.

I have two margaret and for what? Haha I am really disappointed so I went up one to 3/70 and the other was 3/60! I
I would like them to improve it since it is hero of the month… If it would not always look bad!

At least you didn’t get an Atomos!

Unfortunately Margaret does not stack up against other green 5* and even 4* heroes. I keep her on 3:70 on the back of my roster… For times I want to just play for fun alternatives.

I agree that this a great opportunity for SG to tweak Margaret and make her a bit more desirable.

• slight increase to dodge percentage
  • dodge all incoming damage (or include status ailments)
  • self regeneration, nothing heavy but something
  • if needed for balance, reduce the amount of mana gain or eliminate it entirely

She has one of the best animations in the game, make her fun to use!

1 Like

Although the +managain can be a gamechanger when one hero gets full mana although the board sucks.

So it makes alberich very strong, misandre at least interesting and grimble maybe interesting

If they upgrade any heroes at all she will most definitely get an upgrade. If you have the heroes she certainly isn’t a titan hero either. Maybe 7th green choice?

If I had her at 80 she would get exactly one use. As green tile damage in a 2-2-1 or 2-3 stack during war against blue tanks. Preferably against someone that has Joon or Lianna. If the tank has a color besides blue I wouldn’t even consider her.

1 Like

Name 6 greens with over 821 tile damage.

Tile damage alone won’t get any 150k+ hits. Need team oriented heroes.

Evelyn -54% nature defense
Tarlak +100% tile damage
Gregorion +30% critical chance. +5% Atk/Def for nature allies
Buddy with his Defense down but he has no place here If you have Athena. So an out of color hero gets the spot.
Evelyn/Kingston Chances are that one of these heroes will have a higher Atk than Margaret because these heroes are actually good so they will have emblems. Maybe not fair to Margaret but she just won’t have emblems so in a real situation this will be the case. And the attack down for the titan helps with survival since your only healer will be Tarlak plus some health pots.
Ratatoskr I don’t have him but I certainly would want to try along with some of the higher end titan items.
Telluria Questionable choice, the +10% crit is nice and the titan will fire less so get slightly more board time but that plus saving the time to use maybe two heal pots less may just outweigh the time lost for minions.

So a shorter list of who goes before Margaret now that we’ve had the explanations.

Tarlak
Evelyn
Gregorion
Athena/Buddy
Ratatoskr
Evelyn/Kingston
Margaret/Telluria

So 7 seems about right. Buddy would only be a better green choice if you had no better option for defense down. I listed Evelyn and Kingston as one entry since both won’t be on the same titan. The top 4 are all clearly better choices.

1 Like

Even costumed Brienne is better than Margaret against titans, especially if you don’t have Evelyn (as two extreme -def debuffs don’t fully stack). And yes, I actually use my Brienne +18 against 14* titans. The bonus damage from her defence down is huge and lot better than Buddy’s. Dragon banners and bombs are enough so that she can (barely) survive one hit. Those who have Kingston, probably wouldn’t even neen banners.

On raid defence, Margaret is the worst 5* hero, even Atomos or Perseus are better by a long shot. Thorne or Quintus are real dangers compared to Margaret. I’d rate her D like in dreadful.

On offence, she can sometimes be helpful but more often the dodge simply doesn’t work. Snipe attacks are probably dodged 50 or 60% of the time if they hit a protected hero. However, in 2 out of 5 cases they hit one the heroes not protected by Margaret which means that only 30-36% of the time her special helps to avoid Lianna/Joon/Kage/… . AoE attacks trigger her dodge only relative seldom. As the new meta brought mostly heroes with relatively low (or in case of JF no) direct damage but strong additional effects, Margaret is even less useful than she was before.

I personally don’t have Atomos to compare who is worse. However, I can compare her to Thorne and Horghall, which are considered to be among the weakest TC20 heroes. And both work a lot better for me on raid offence than Margaret…

2 Likes

Didn’t think she could live but will consider her if I can spare the Druid emblems. I do despise Buddy but there are no high level options for green defense down (and which is why I go with Athena instead). Won’t bump Margaret further down though. You only need 1 defense down hero so will compete only in that spot.

Opening with a dragon banner would work but must be annoying to keep her topped up all the time?

I have Margaret Max out but never use her around because she doesn’t Suits anywhere, practically she does nothing. I observed that when she fire and the dodge is on if the opponent has a weck damage then she not dodge only if the opponent has a big damage then the chance to dodge is high but not always. She needs a update ASAP

2 Likes

Yes, it requires either quite some dragon banners (if you don’t have a big attack debuffer like costumed Horghall or Kingston) or time stops. However, there are also hardly any green heroes that boost attack (in addition to Tarlak). So of you don’t use Gadeirus (I don’t), dragon banners have two uses simultaneously.

Because blue titan lowers defense I do tend to use dragon banners too. Other titans usually have to settle for bear banner. Being out of dragon banners would most likely mean no Brienne though unless I go the real expensive route of 5 Timestops. But yeah I will try her out instead of Athena after I get about 300 more Druid emblems.