Statistics on ascension items

I don’t have any great news for you, I’m afraid: I mostly pick up the 4* items from Titan kills and wanted missions.

A few observations, none of them tested in any way:

I can’t see any connection between item quality and Titan strength or my own attack grade. We’ve never killed better than a 6* Titan (and we only killed one of those once). I’m usually not the best performer - my grade tends to be A or B. I feel like some of the best loot I’ve won has come from weak Titans that I have performed poorly against.

The ‘kill 100 monsters’ mission doesn’t usually generate great loot, but on more than one occasion it has given me good ascension materials. More importantly, I think that the rare coloured missions become available as a function of how many times you complete the normal missions. (I could definitely be wrong about this: it is just a theory.) Those rare missions always produce good loot - not always great ascension materials, but very often.

The ‘kill 40 heroes’ mission has produced shockingly good loot for me. I’m sorry that I haven’t been tracking it, but I feel like a lot of the 4* stuff has come from there.

The ‘kill 5 Titans’ mission has sometimes produced cool ascension materials and epic tokens, but more often it has been a bit disappointing.

Again, please don’t hold me to this. Many of my impressions might just be the result of randomness. What I can say for sure is that most (all?) of the good ascension materials I have collected have indeed come from Titan kills and wanted missions.

2 Likes

Holly cow Brobb. I’ve been playing for almost 4 months now and I have yet to get a Damascus blade, you have 7. I don’t even know what that items beside it is but you have 3 of them. I have 0 of those rings, 0 darts, 1 royal tabbard, 2 tomb of tactics, 20 battle manual, 12 chainmail shirts, 2 Fine gloves, 2 Hidden Blades.

I guess you are way luckier than I am for ascension materials. I have done every single monster chest and hero chest since I’ve started. I’ve gotten 6 elemental chests which usually end up with crap and 3 daily summon tokens.

With your luck no wonder you want the game to be harder. LOL

In a way I am glad I don’t have any 5* cards because it would take me 5 years to max ascend him or her. Game is broken and needs fixing.

1 Like

I guess I’m middle of the road, but I’ve only been playing about 2 months:

I have 3 chain mail shirts, 2 orbs, and 5 boots (sorry the picture cuts off)…I used to have more shirts and boots, but I used them twice to upgrade 4* cards.

3 Likes

Hey Rook I think you are about average and Brobb is just extremely lucky. One good thing about not being unlucky is I don’t have much cards to ascend since I never get anything good.

First 4* elite training 1/34
Second elite training so far 0/29

2 Likes

Damascus Blades are available in the rare quests on very hard. Once you are able to achieve that level, it gets easier to collect the epic ascension items.

And before people point out that you can only get items to ascend certain colours - well, the Devs have listened and will be fixing this!! :heart_decoration:

6 Likes

hmmm… Should start a thread for strategies to get through the very hard levels…
Something else for the to do list!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
the link goes to a thread that Penari started for this! Thanks @Penari!

5 Likes

That is great new Coppersky. I hope they have rare quests more often too, right now it comes around every 1-2 weeks and if you are waiting for 2 fine blades like I am it could take 6 months to get it at this rate. Maybe make rare quest random like those other normal quests.

1 Like

I am an idiot and @coppersky is right: I forgot about the quests, of course!

It sounds like we’re all doing the same thing in terms of killing Titans and completing wanted missions. We’re no longer talking about a small sample size, so maybe the difference is in completing quests.

From very early on, competing every quest I could was a high priority for me, especially if they were tough quests. I crafted a lot of items specifically to beat quests and collected a lot of ascension material that way - using the right battle items let me complete difficult quests with a pretty rubbish team. If players of a similar vintage to me have significantly fewer ascension items, perhaps that is the difference?

The only other variation in playing style that I can think of is that I worked hard to complete the map relatively early - I think I only had one 4* hero when I finished the last level (maybe two) and it was definitely not fully ascended. Frankly, though, I can’t see how this would make a difference: I didn’t collect a lot of ascension material from the map.

3 Likes

That makes sense how you have 7 Damascus blades. I have yet to try the “VERY HARD” on quests since my 3* team is just not strong enough to beat it. Maybe the next time it rolls around I will give it a try now that I have 4* cards. Got any strategies on how to beat those VERY HARD quests? Which items do you bring to help?

1 Like

We started a thread for this!!

Ideally, once we collect enough collective strategies it will become a guide!

Thanks for your input. At least it seems we are in step with the impressions, just I am less lucky. LOL

I have tried it several times. The lost 20 flags hurts, but each time I get closer and closer. I can get to the boss now with at least two heroes left. Of course they die still but it is going to happen so day. :grin:

1 Like

I was thinking of bringing a miracle scroll or revive scroll to bring back heroes that die. I have yet to try since that 20 world energy is quite steep to lose, but I will give it a shot next time it comes around.

I’m confused by some of the terminology here, so apologies if I’m being obtuse.

Let’s clarify:

Battling for provinces on the map does not generally produce good ascension material, as far as I recall. It’s rewarding and fun, and perhaps it indirectly leads to cool ascension stuff (maybe by feeding you more rare wanted missions? who knows), but I don’t remember getting cool stuff when I finished any province. Mind you, I was more interested in the challenge than the reward so I might be forgetting stuff.

Difficult quests, on the other hand, definitely produce lots of great stuff. You can get pretty good ascension material even before the final ‘very hard’ levels, and they’re infinitely repeatable within the time limit, so after you’ve tried them once you can change your setup to match the monsters you are facing.

For me, the key to beating both the map and tough quests with a pretty mediocre team was using a high volatility hero mix (because you only have to win once for each stage and there is no penalty for losing) with complementary specials, and throwing piles of crafted items at the monsters (what exactly those were varied depending on the opponents).

This is what I was thinking of. The fifth level aka 'Very Hard" often kicks my ■■■■. LOL

Well, we’ve started a thread on dealing with harder levels! This could easily be applicable to map battles, and the harder rare quest battles as well. Come check it out! We’ll brainstorm together, and then if necessary, it can be turned into a guide!

1 Like

You mean, if you don’t beat them? Sorry, now I’M being obtuse! Lol

2 Likes

What? You can repeat ascension item quests? @Brobb

Edit: you can’t

1 Like

Just that you can repeat them until you manage to beat it. Say you try again because you figured out a new strategy after you lost the first time or two. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup, if you don’t beat them.