Ssnake's Year-long War Defense Study - results

@Ssnake just watched the video, well done thank you so much for sharing the knowledge with everyone. Gonna have my teammates check this out. Can’t wait for the next video

3 Likes

@Elayanith Left wing is the best place for a reviving hero, you are correct with that. That way, if your fallen heroes get revived and are fully charged, they will fire during that turn. If the revived is on the right side, the fallen heroes won’t fire until the next turn (if they survive). When I break down the individual heroes, you will be able to compare them to make better informed decisions about the subclasses of healers. I’ll be honest, I’ve been chasing 5* revivers for a long time and like you, still do not own one of my own.

2 Likes

@Abahachi Anton actually has one of the best revival rates in the game at 50% (only Costumed Mother North has a higher one but Anton gives more HP with a successful revive). Heimdall is not even close at 20%, nor is Alby at 33%. Regular Mother North has the same 50% rate but with less HP. The only problem is that you never know if AI will wait for the second charge or not.

1 Like

@Sternman Yes, it got absolutely crazy. I will not cover the heroes where the sample size is too small as I do not want to mislead anyone. I feel I should observe at least 20 instances of a hero in a specific position, in a specific war type in order to be in the right ballpark. After 50 times, I think it has settled where it really is. I will continue this journey, hoping that new heroes calm down just a little bit :slight_smile: Not counting 2-3 occurrences where someone used a 1* lineup (I threw those stats out), I have seen 264 different heroes during this one year period. Crazy.

6 Likes

@nevarmaor I do have it. You will be able to compare those types of healers from their individual stats when I put them out. Please be patient, I have a lot on my plate but will get it out as soon as I can. As for general stats about those categories, you aren’t the first to ask, so it will go on my list to break down. I am also considering breaking down the effectiveness of mana speed in the different war types by position, and I’ve always wanted to see how much a family bonus really does compare to a team that doesn’t have these boosts. Thanks for your idea, I won’t let my data go to waste.

3 Likes

Very interesting! I’ve been wondering about the flank-tank-flank with holy and dark. I’m looking forward to seeing the breakdowns on the reviving heroes. I’m wondering how much is that those heroes as a class are just good and how much is positioning. I’ve been running Kunchen at tank for a long time because of a lack of other options, but this makes me think it may not be too bad of an option (given that Anton is my only reviver)

2 Likes

Any chance you can drop some preliminary info about the likely Soul Exchange heroes to help us in decision making?

1 Like

@Andrewbook Sorry Andrew, I’ll see what I can do, but my priority right now is to get Equalizer out the door before next Saturday so people can prepare or ponder. You might have to go with your gut on this first soul exchange, unfortunately. As for your Kunchen at Tank, it is not a bad option. People overlook what a healer can do in that position because it is not flashy. The time they can buy for your other positions to charge by getting a heal off, I think, is why this is successful. Of course, if an attacker gets a good board with a mono team, the healer won’t get the special off, but neither would other types of heroes. One-shots will happen to the best-formed defense teams at some point. I think this is why the Vanaheim family also performs well at tank (think Bera and Freya) as they will at least punish the opponent for killing them. I’m going as fast as I can Andrew, just please understand I have a full time job and family commitments as well so I’m limited right now on how quickly I can get this information to the community. I’m on a low budget so my cameraman (me), editor (me), and producer (me) are all rookies and have no experience with this sort of thing. I think they are getting better, but I’d fire them if there were other options :wink:. Be well and thanks for stopping in!

7 Likes

Your production crew sounds busy! I’ll be watching for the next installment and will continue to ponder what I can shift based on this video. Thanks!

AI decides to wait or not depending on hero’s health. If hero has his HP intact, it waits. If HP is low - fires at first opportunity.

2 Likes

Not always. Sometimes the ninjas and magic heroes will fire their first charge even when health isn’t low. There’s some form of RNG in there.

2 Likes

interessting, thank you
Tinte last alliance war (with arrow barrage) I had Anton (limit broken and talent 20; strength 829) on wing position. my team was every time defeated directly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Equalizer war stats video is now up! The rest are coming too!

3 Likes

@Ssnake do you have any interest in data from other alliances? If so, what kind of information should be collected to help contribute to the project?

2 Likes

@Saltyy I hadn’t considered engaging others as I would not want to burden anyone with the pain and time this eats up. The game has no built-in mechanisms to track these things or even a decent log to export. With that said, the more data I have, the better and more accurate the output is. I can probably create something in google docs that reflects my tracking sheets to share in here. Give me some time, I’ll drop it in here just in case anyone is interested in contributing. In basic terms though I would need as a minimum, from both alliances engaged in war: each player’s name, which heroes they are using and in which position, how many times each team was attacked, and how many times each team was killed. If that was in a properly formatted spreadsheet, I could import it in to my master and link each player’s outcomes to the various factors I’m tracking (or could track in the future). I may have to add some additional info to capture seeing as this would come from other alliances of different rank too, that way I could compare stats at different levels to see if the trends are consistent no matter how tough an alliance is. I appreciate the olive branch. Let me stew on this for a bit. Cheers Saltyy!

5 Likes

I’d be up for collecting data too.

3 Likes

Depending on the details, I may be able to contribute. Getting buy-in from our opponents is probably not going to happen very much though.

3 Likes

@BlueHair Thanks BlueHair, much appreciated. Let me put something together that would be standardized and we’ll see where it leads.

2 Likes

I have a question. Is Anzogh classify as healer ? :smile:

Sadly, the data doesn’t separate heal and hp boost which they have significant different. And minion summoner isn’t healer, so Bera tank without any other healer will classify as no healer. The data of “no healer” should separate between minion summoner tank and non minion summoner. And the data are mixed on all war mode. Healer have big effect in rush war even they aren’t reviver.

Anyway, it is very good video. It make me know many thing more, for example, Purple-Yellow tactic is really work :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

@gregschen You wouldn’t need their buy in as you can see everything you need from the battlefield and attack log. Thanks gregschen for considering helping. As I mentioned in another reply, I’ll through something together with instructions and contact info and anyone who wishes to participate can. Cheers!

2 Likes