Special refuses to level up - whats the worst you have seen?

I’ve fed a couple of heroes 10 in a row, no increase in skills. Then frustration led me to feed them one, and bam! BURN!!

And I’ve had heroes skills level up twice in a row on separate feedings. That’s rare for me to have two heroes/skills increase back to back.

I read this post and cried just a little bit for you. That’s tragic RNG!

1 Like

For a while, I stuck with feeding 10x 1* same color when I was working on skill-up on heroes. Then I tried 1x 1* same color for a while. I was generally dissatisfied with both approaches, because it “felt like” the single feeding wasn’t productive, and it was frustrating when the 20% failed to level up the special many times in a row.

So a month ago or so, I split the difference and started feeding 5x 1* same color on heroes that I’m increasing special skill. I haven’t kept records, but in general I feel more satisfied with it. :slight_smile:

I have an Ulmer that I’m finishing off for 3* tourneys, he had 8/8 by about 3-15. And I just got 6/8 on Margaret and she is only 1-49… so she is guaranteed to have 8/8 even if it never increases again from feeders, and if I stop at 3-70 (which I intend to do). At this point, I’m switching off to another Green to skill-up and will revisit Margaret later when I have freed up 2*+ feeders (currently all going to Hatter).

The moral of my story: don’t worry too much about the math, just do what makes you feel less frustrated. It’s working for me. :slight_smile:

Good gaming!

1 Like

1st time ever I’ve maxed a 3* like this

I ran out of blues to feed so decided to have an Ulmer for 3* tourney. Not worth it’s at all

1 Like

Had one Hawkmoon maxed with 3/8 skill.
Only 4-star (out of 31 maxed so far) that wasn’t 8/8 by the end of 3rd tier was Skittle with 7/8.
Until now… Now I have a second Grimm that’s playing stupid and his skill is 4/8 at 3/55.
(I always feed in 10x batches.)

This is a first for me.

2 Likes

Muggy 3.50 special on 4 and fed all 10 green feeders he stubborn hope my other one isn’t as bad

3* heroes are the hardest to max specials on, in my experience.

Just save up all the green feeders you get. Feed him five 2* or ten 1* greens at a time, guaranteed special level up every time, until maxed. That’s what I had to do for most of my 3* heroes. Usually the 4 and 5 star heroes reach max special before max level.

I always try to level up specials as quickly as possible, but RNG is RNG. I hope that my heroes all reach max special before max special, but even when they don’t, they’re still useful in the meantime. The worst case scenario is 5* heroes that get stuck at 3/70 due to lack of ascension mats, and they’re not at special level 8… nothing you can do to help them. :confused:

That’s what im doing with muggy happened once before with gato had to do the same but pulled joon from tc20 few days ago and his special maxed before 2nd ascension lol

Yep, 4 and 5 stars usually hit max special early on.

Good luck with that Muggy, he’s a quirky little bugger. Used him and fought against him in the 3* tournaments, friggin lizards everywhere, I thought I was going to have to call animal control.

Lmao i want both done before event figure 2 muggy berden and 2 mnesseus should do well

All for attack team, right? Not a good idea to go mono color on defense.

Yea for knights event rare

Ah ok. Yeah, Muggy and Berden and Menesiusisusesus (however you say it) are solid 3* greens. I also like Belith, but that depends on whether or not you think you need a healer/dispeller.

I have her on the sideline just in case lmao

Even though I’m mostly focused on my 4* roster right now, I still keep one of each of the 3* just in case. Never know when they might come in handy.

They should allow you to feed heroes just to level up skills at every max level of each ascension, not just at max level at highest ascension. Imagine spending money for a Miki, deciding 3/70 is good enough and having terrible luck and being stuck at 3/8. That would suck.

That would be horrible especially with AM bein so hard to get

That is one of my fears, is getting a hero stuck with an unmaxed special and not enough AMs to finish. Hasn’t happened to me yet, thankfully, but I always get nervous when one of my 4s or 5s starts getting closer to the ascension point without a maxed special.

thumbnail_IMG_0800 thumbnail_IMG_0801
SG just officially released their new game Puzzle Combat, which is basically a reskinned E&P, however there are some big differences.

Special abilities are leveled separately from leveling your character so that whole aspect of RNG is gone. See attached pics of what leveling up a special looks like in that game.

There are also more than just dragons and diamonds that are created on the board. The diamond equivalent (match 5) is a grenade, and there are 3 different kinds of dragons (match 4) depending on the direction of the line which blows up most of that row or column, and the third dragon is dynamite which blows up in an X. They also dont have classes yet and have ARMOR in addition to attack/defense/health.