Special refuses to level up - whats the worst you have seen?

Now, I have trouble with Miki… feed with 1x at a times blue mostly *1, sometimes *2 blue.
1.48 still at 2/8… I have capes, and I will bring to 3.70 fo sure, and I hope to get 7/8 at least at 2.60.
Still trying 1x at a times.

photo_2019-08-26_23-10-35

The worst I’ve seen on a 3* is maxed level at 4/8, but I don’t have a screenshot. Here is my personal worst on a 4* hero, 3x60 with the special at 5/8. This was fed using only 1*/2* purples.

My Sonya made it to final ascension with only 6/8. I got stressed for a bit, as that’s pretty slow for a 4*.

Have the same problem with the eskimo!

He is currently at 2/40 and still only 2/8 special skill.
Next to him, Vivica started lvling at the same time/pace and is already at 8/8 :man_shrugging:

TC19 running non-stop so only 1* feeder for them, 10 at a time, so always 20% chance

1 Like

Friar tuck got to 3/50 at just lvl 3, I fed him 12 heroes 1 or 2 at a time he’s now lvl 8

Updates… now I’m not worried anymore…

Usually all of my *5 is 8/8 before 2.60. But this Miki is stubborn.
Miki at 2.56 now his skill 7/8 :grinning: :+1:, and I have mats and plan to sit at 3.70, so it will be at 8//8 ascending to tier 3.

I constanly feed *1 or *2 blue, one at a times.

how about your progress @J1mau ? already at 3.70?

Not yet at 3/70, currently 3/16
Just got him to 3rd ascension and from 3/1 to 3/16, already got 2 SS upgrade, so he is now sitting at 5/8.

Feeding him 1 at the time until he is maxed. First time i try that, as i normally feed 5-10 at the same time.
Since he won’t see scopes, he has to get to 8/8 soon :joy:
Always worried with him :joy:

Experience with him

Used him against 2 titans as of now, as his SS was still low. My lowest hit netted me 37k, while my highest has been 77k.
Wu will have an early retirement :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have been super lucky. With my Miki he is not even ascended once and only about level 30, if that and he is already 5/8. I think the final 3 can only be done from ascending him each time right?

Edit:
doh i just saw the image above of Miki at 7/8 only 1 ascension. So it is possible to get him to 8/8 without even ascending - theoretically?

Yes, need only 1 ascension more, and I will let sit to 3.70 for a while, so that why Miki skill should at least maxed (8/8), because those scopes is maybe for Magni or Thorne I think (still not yet decide).

Actually managed to get my Miki up to 7/8 before 1st ascension (now already at 8/8 after one ascension). My Gafar (purple 4*) on the other hand is 3/4 ascended and only 4/8 on his special. Used the exact same leveling method for both.

:man_shrugging:

I have Rigard at 3-60 with special skill 3/8.

What method? only *1 or mix with *2? on-color? off-color? 10x/5x/1x at at times?

I feed one at a time, on-color. If I’m only leveling one hero of a certain color, I feed them everything of that color (1* to 3*). If I have two heroes of that color, and one has already maxed their special (or will max their special by final ascension), I feed the 2* and 3* feeders to the hero with max special and the 1* feeders to the one that isn’t max.

In the case of Miki and Gafar, they are the only heroes of their colors that I’m leveling at this time. All blue feeders (1* to 3*) go to Miki, all purple feeders (1* to 3*) go to Gafar. Miki maxed his/her special way before Gafar, in spite of the fact that I got Gafar first and have been working on him for much longer.

It’s still basically RNG no matter how you do it, but I prefer feeding one at a time, on-color, until special is maxed. After that, you can feed them anything and everything (though I still prefer to try to stay on-color for the additional XP).

1 Like

Ya, if you know that a hero is going to sit at 3/60 or 3/70 indefinitely then it is imperative to get that skill to 8 before it sits ascension stuck!
Fortunately the chances of getting a hero to 3/60 or 3/70 and not be at 8/8 sill is slim, however it is still possible.
I know I’ve had at least two times where a hero was at 3/60 and stayed at 6 or 7 of 8 and it bothered me sooo much. I ended up ascending one just to get it to 8 and left it halfway to 4th tier max due to other heroes with higher priority.
Does anyone have a hero at that threshold and stuck while not at max skill?

I’ve fed a couple of heroes 10 in a row, no increase in skills. Then frustration led me to feed them one, and bam! BURN!!

And I’ve had heroes skills level up twice in a row on separate feedings. That’s rare for me to have two heroes/skills increase back to back.

I read this post and cried just a little bit for you. That’s tragic RNG!

1 Like

For a while, I stuck with feeding 10x 1* same color when I was working on skill-up on heroes. Then I tried 1x 1* same color for a while. I was generally dissatisfied with both approaches, because it “felt like” the single feeding wasn’t productive, and it was frustrating when the 20% failed to level up the special many times in a row.

So a month ago or so, I split the difference and started feeding 5x 1* same color on heroes that I’m increasing special skill. I haven’t kept records, but in general I feel more satisfied with it. :slight_smile:

I have an Ulmer that I’m finishing off for 3* tourneys, he had 8/8 by about 3-15. And I just got 6/8 on Margaret and she is only 1-49… so she is guaranteed to have 8/8 even if it never increases again from feeders, and if I stop at 3-70 (which I intend to do). At this point, I’m switching off to another Green to skill-up and will revisit Margaret later when I have freed up 2*+ feeders (currently all going to Hatter).

The moral of my story: don’t worry too much about the math, just do what makes you feel less frustrated. It’s working for me. :slight_smile:

Good gaming!

1 Like

1st time ever I’ve maxed a 3* like this

I ran out of blues to feed so decided to have an Ulmer for 3* tourney. Not worth it’s at all

1 Like

Had one Hawkmoon maxed with 3/8 skill.
Only 4-star (out of 31 maxed so far) that wasn’t 8/8 by the end of 3rd tier was Skittle with 7/8.
Until now… Now I have a second Grimm that’s playing stupid and his skill is 4/8 at 3/55.
(I always feed in 10x batches.)

This is a first for me.

2 Likes