Special offers for some?

It is pretty pathetic that the devs have become so greedy they make their offers for gems and tokens too high. The average player wont spend more than $5-10 if they set the prices lower they would sell more resulting in a higher profit for them. It would also lead to repeat buyers. As it stands I have spent close to $50 or so in the game and refuse to spend anymore as too many items are impossible to attain leaving you unable to ever ascend a hero. So your stagnate in the game going in circles instead of progressing once you reach a certain point. They set it up that your forced to buy. Problem with that is they dont realize many ppl will simply scrap the game uninstall and find something else thats more reasonable to play.
now this HUGE discount was obscenely unfair to everyone who has paid to play their game. Their reward…NOTHING…ZIP…NADDA…SCREW YOU…WE DONT CARE THAT YOU SUPPORT THE GAME FINANCIALLY! That was highly insulting and to turn around and say they removed the offer now because ppl noticed how unfair it was? Good way to lose your fan base. The very ppl who spend their money playing your games. It should of been offered to everyone along with an apology for at least a few hours. As some type of attempt to rectify things. It wouldnt hurt them either the money they would bring in would be HUGE. and ppl spend their gems quite fast and after everyone got a taste of how they could progresss using gems im willing to bet they would have doubled mayb quadrupled future repeat sales. I wonder what they would do if 3/4 of the players just said screw it and uninstalled?

2 Likes

Incorrect Penari. This is a deliberate ploy to gain extra cash from non-spenders.

1 Like

This is not just about this dicount offer. It shows their business plan and what direction they want to go with this game. Discounts based on player progression so people have to keep spending to keep up.

This move by the developer is totally uncool. As someone who has purchased every special offers that pop up, I wish I had never spent a single cent here and will stop all my future transaction for this game.

1 Like

Lets add a bit of math to all of this. You get 1 - 5 Gems normally per task accomplished.
Wanted Missions

• Monsters (12hours Cooldown)* x 2
  • Heroes ( 14hours CD)** x1.7 (24hours / 14)
  • Titan (5 days) /5
    Mystic Vision x 1
    Each Titans x1
    and Gem quest = 10 per time it pops up. Once a week.
  • plus the time it takes to fight (not taking into account)
    ** 8 charges needed = 6 + 2 hours.

+175 total for missions
+50 For joining Facebook
+10 per level

With this said.
At 5 gem a time you get : 34.9 (35) Gems a day + Quest
At 3 gem a time you get : 20.53 (21) Gems a day + Quest
At 1 Gem a time you get : 6.84 (7) Gems a day + Quest

with 3 being the average amount you end up with a maximum amount of 154 per week.
More realistically 12/14 monster chest, 9/12 Hero Chest, 5/5 to 7/5 titan kills depending on your guild. Mine is at 5 per week. + the rest of the bonuses with average gem out put. Gives you roughly

36 + 27 + 3 + 15 + 21 + 10 = 112 Gem Per week on average. (My average)
Monster + Heroes + Titan + Titan + Mystic Vision + Quest = Total

So for the price of 3$, you would ultimately save 53.6 weeks of playing this game at this out put in gems. That’s 375 straight days of game play.

But what if you add the 5 extra summoning token you ask. Well at 300 gems apiece, You can add another 13.39 weeks of game play. For a grand total of 67 weeks~. :slight_smile: Fun Stuff. A+ decisions.

Now the players that did get offered this promotion, also gets multiple chance at rolling for the games highest I power hero Hel. (777ipower). But to the rest of us, let’s have fun buying gems at a incredibly high mark up price. But rest assure, they will listen to your feedback. So we got that going for us. Sigh

2 Likes

Please read more on the topic here:

Well that’s just a great response… sorry! Our bad. But we’re not gonna do anything about it…

Also why hasn’t support answered my email about my stronghold not upgrading from update and me losing 2 days of upgrade time and my iron? Everyone else has got a reply. I’ve sent 2 emails now.

I’m very very close to being done with this game.

1 Like

That’s a very strange response.

“The idea of the Gigantic Discount Offer was to identify the people who have been playing the game for a very long time, but still haven’t made a single purchase.”

So, logic says if you’ve been playing for a long time, you’ve got a pretty beefy, or at least a decent team. So they now get an option to develop an even mightier team? So not only is there an imbalance in the raid system AI power ups, now there is going to be an imbalance in the matchups? Yeah, I don’t think this one was thought all the way through. The game is now, theoretically, very lopsided. It might explain the instant swing back to illogical in way the battling in the raids have gone. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Absolutely ridiculous response in my opinion as well. Hey some people got it and you’re mad so we’re gonna take it off the table completely. That makes total sense. So the ones who got it are lucky and the ones who didn’t will never get it and it’s screw you pretty much. Great customer service.

Also not to mention I haven’t got a response back to my stronghold glitch from the update.

3 Likes

I have a level 16 stronghold and all 4* heroes. I have never spent money on the game before, I received the offer, and bought it. All this is just by way of saying that I have absolutely benefitted from this offer.

Still, I gotta agree 100% with all the grumpiness above. If I was someone who had previously spent $50, or whatever it cost, on a pack of 6000 gems and 5 epic summons tokens, I would be very resentful about some cheapskate getting the same for £2.99. This would undermine my faith in the game.

Have we worked out who this was offered to? Was it just players who have not previously bought anything, perhaps? If so, even less fair - I’m benefitting from not supporting the game in the past.

This was a bad misjudgment. Is the company desperate for cash?

6 Likes

well at least they are listening to the unhappiness and acting. Maybe not in the way we want but let’s hope they will come out in the next day and offer it to everyone!

1 Like

From dev post referenced “…we will listen closely to the player feedback on this matter.”

It seems the player feedback was and is CLEAR. Make the offer available to EVERYONE.

8 Likes

I was a non-spender who took advantage of this offer (Thanks to $4 something in Google Rewards). Level 15 stronghold, in province 19, level 24

1 Like

I agree with 90% of the community on wanting this offer back and it is unfair to us.

Unfortunately, I am older now, and I do not agree with using a ton of profanity over this. Sure, it’s pretty crappy to miss out on it and have it taken away while few receive it and boost their account up. Let’s be adults, after all… it is just a game.

I may just find a new game to go to.

3 Likes

Eh, you’re reading into the asterisks which I typed in :stuck_out_tongue:

Rather than compounding the evil of a very crummy move by charging every player $3 and collecting a tidy profit, how about giving the offer to players who have already bought stuff for free. Sort of a way of saying sorry.

Maybe offer the deal to all the non-payers for $3.

2 Likes

I made an account specifically to share my displeasure with this move by the Developers.

I bought the largest gem pack yesterday to try and keep up with all of the players advancing, it was the first time I have ever made such a large purchase on this game… It was $156 altogether. It is such a slap in the face to see tons of people offered 2 thirds of what I spent that much money on, on that very same day, for $3. I have always been a dedicated player and supporter of this game. However, I feel extremely ripped off when it’s assumed just because I spend money, it’s okay for me to pay premium prices while others can pay fractions to the same effect.

10 Likes

I hear ya man. I made the account on their website to voice my opinion as well.

I also buy gems (nothing too high - just purchased first home). So, it is really a slap in the face. They got 4x more gems than I did and I paid almost 10x the price. haha

1 Like

It’s not like you’re losing a “good” here. “Oh no, if we sell people these gems, we’ll run out…” NO, you’re not a fast food chain nearly losing money on burgers hoping to make it up on fries and drinks. This is a digital purchase that happens AUTOMATICALLY.

This is just money in your pocket, and it will likely incentivize people to continue buying gems. You have a chance to make a lot of money, and instead of listening to the community, you’re slapping the people that have spend hundreds of dollars on this game.

Not cool… not cool.

3 Likes

For a relatively new company, they obviously have not watched how other companies are successful. It is simple process reward your faithful fans and give smaller bargins to new players to encourage reaching a high prize level. Is that not the whole premise for rhe game …start out with low level heroes and stronghold and low rewards. Build up the heroes get better rewards.

2 Likes