Special offers for some?

I don’t understand how the devs would be unable to give the deal to everyone. There were the offers for beginners, and surely if you can put out random deals it’d be even easier to give out a deal to everyone? If that’s not the case then someone’s really mucked up their code…

I’m sure they CAN give it to everybody… they simply choose NOT to give it to everybody.

1 Like

This is the response I received from ‘Support’.
They “Cannot guarantee that somebody will get a specific one”. That is complete and utter rubbish. This is easy to do via coding.
This is just pure greed. Some people have put a lot of $ in to support this game and received much less than 6000 gems.
There needs to be compensation for this.

Petri (Small Giant Games)
Jun 8, 14:46 EEST
Hi,

We have a large variety of offers available, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee that somebody will get a specific one. However, we will definitely be adding more cool offers in the future, and will listen closely to the player feedback on this matter.
Kind Regards,
Petri
Small Giant Games

1 Like

This line makes me laugh! Umm… seems like they are completely ignoring player feedback, as every single player has been saying the same thing: Give this offer to ALL of us.

3 Likes

Please read more on the topic here:

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Regarding the Gigantic Discount Offer:

If everyone was interested, shouldn’t the response have been to make it available to everyone? Just sayin’…

5 Likes

I agree, I am highly disappointed. I just started this game on Saturday and now I am reluctant to play any more. It’s unfair. I may ask for a refund for my purchases this week as well once I delete the game (if I choose to do so). There are multiple other games like this, but I chose this one (starting to regret that).

4 Likes

This does seem like the course of action in the opposite direction of profit and common sense for the game.

2 Likes

I would agree, but, then they should take back the given item(s) to the players that received the high advantage over others and refund the 3 dollars.

I agree with all the above comments. I’m also one of those who was took up the offer and I’m going to immediately spend those 6000 gems so they can’t be taken off me.

I’m not trying to be smart or smug - that was a very silly offer that was grossly unfair to players who have paid to play in the past. Reversing it might be tough, though.

1 Like

I am very disappointed in how this was handled. I do not see it just going away because they deleted the offer. :disappointed:

I have not only supported the game but did missionary work for them and pulled in new players. This was not how I would want to be treated. I didn’t care when other offers were given to players, but that felt random. This was clearly a failed attempt to get folks to begin to spend.

SmallZGiant, man up and do the right thing. Give the offer to anyone who didn’t already buy it and deal with your failure.

3 Likes

I’m upset by this as well.

I usually don’t mind seeing special deals that go only to 1 section of the player base. Typically it’s broken down by device. “Special $10 Google Promotion for Android Users” or “Special Champ ‘AppleMan’ exclusively for IOS gamers”, but those come and go and tend to even out over time.

This deal though was just “way too good to be true” and gave the players that got it too big of an advantage. The only way to fix that is to offer it to everyone.

I agree. They have to fix their mistake and not pretend like it never happened and sweep it under the rug. Taking it away and letting the few people keep it is unreasonable. Those few players will shoot up in the leaderboard with amazing new heroes. While the people that did not receive any offer have to work hard and spend a lot more money than those few. Special privileges to few and the rest fend for themselves. :rage:

2 Likes

I’m all for making the offer available to everyone as a fix. Right now I have an unfair advantage and that would somewhat mitigate it.

(But it’s worth noting: that still won’t make things fair. It is not fair compensation for the player who has previously spent, say, $50, to be offered the same deal as me. I end up having paid £3 for 6000 gems, s/he ends up having paid $53 for 12000 gems. Ouch.)

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous. I mean they have a chance to make tens of thousands of dollars by just making it available to everyone.

2 Likes

So the devs do something really crummy and players’ response is to beg with one voice for the opportunity to give them $3? Seems wrong.

How about this:

The offer is given for free to everyone who has already spent more than, say, $30. It is also made available to everyone else for $2.99 or whatever the cost was.

3 Likes

I don’t mind spending $3.00…but I want the opportunity to do so. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This offer hasn’t affected me in the slightest. I already have a strict rule about spending money on mobile games: I don’t.

If I didn’t have that rule, you could be assured that I’d have it after this.

1 Like

I’m basically the same except for free money (had just over $4 in Google rewards). So I jumped at this chance. I think they should now offer it to everyone who hasn’t already purchased it and be done with it.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds like an amazing offer! I’d like a piece for sure. :sunglasses: