Special offers for some?

While I agree with the general sentiment in this thread, this statement:

[quote=“Darth, post:24, topic:732, full:true”]I wouldn’t believe anymore getting 4 or 5 stars is Ransome. I think you guys have a list and give mist of them them to bigspenders.
[/quote]

is one that I can’t see the logic behind. Surely players who buy gems to summon heroes will get more chances to win them, and will therefore end up with more 4* and 5* heroes than those who don’t spend? Or am I missing something here?

For what it’s worth, I managed to get my first and only 5* from a free epic token.

I feel the same as the others. I’ve spent money on this game because I genuinely love the game and I don’t mind rewarding games that I enjoy with my wallet.

However this is a competitive game and those that received this deal got a Gigantic advantage on the competition ladder. Essentially this punishes those of us that chose to spend money. The only way to correct that mistake is to offer everyone the same deal!

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get this Gigantic offer. Rolled 5 EPIC tokens and got one 4* card and four 3* cards.

Decided to do the 10 Pack EPIC roll:

0 5*
1 4*
9 3*

Said my luck can’t be that bad do another 10 Pack EPIC roll:

0 5*
2 4*
8 3*

Shame on you to make me spend $3.99 for such crappy odds in getting anything. So glad I only spent $3.99 on this game and that will be the last you see get from me. Going to move on to a game where there the odds of everything is not in the 0.1 percentile.

3 Likes

My logic is that they pick some players to show this offer because they don’t pay… so that means there is no privacy anymore. For me a reason to think that getting 4 or 5 stars isn’t random…

I have spent more then 400€ and you dont give me special offers ■■■■ thats ■■■■!

2 Likes

Hi,

Your answer is just disgusting ! Are you running an election ? Because it’s a typical answer of a politician, who admit his error but don’t think about doing something to fix the situation and just hope people would forget !
Now we can think that your targeting everybody, and people who put money just never have good summons in order to make them always putting more money in this game and hoping to have better things, that would explain why i never had any 5 stars heroes while people have already a complete 5 stars team playing half the time I did, without paying. You just forget that making angry and ignoring the people who gave you money at the first place is not the best move you could do.
Then this update that first seemed a good one, and finally give me the sensation to be back 2 months ago, losing all my points (in 8h -310 points and almost all made by weaker teams, i never had that many lost points, even when i didn’t come for 5 days !), and losing almost all raids i initiate (also because you rebalanced Boldtusk in a bad way)… Everything seemed so unbalanced in the game right now. As i didn’t want to wait months to have the objects and be able to evolve all my heroes that are stucked at their max level, and with that discount affair, i decided to stop playing and delete the game of my phone. And i hope that a lot people that used to put money would do the same, even if i you surely won’t care about it because you will keep doing money from others. Thank you for disgusting me of the best phone game i used to think it was.

3 Likes

This is total BS, i have spent quite a lot of money and i cant get this offer. Way to go, give a big middle finger to almost your entire fan base

4 Likes

This is a great game and many people spend vast amounts of time and money on it. The answer admin has provided is absolutely unacceptable and I will now sever this game from my bank account.

It’s important to remember that without people spending their money, admin has no paycheck and I intend to act accordingly.

2 Likes

Although I understand some of the hostility regarding the Gigantic Discount Offer, or more accurately not getting it. You all need to stop and think about a couple of things.

First, we could appreciate that this deal was offered at all, even if “other people” received it.

Second, and more importantly you people made it quite clear this was a “huge PR blunder” with your hostility. Meaning, they will never make this mistake again. So, good job with your complaints now we as a whole are likely to receive less.

Third, what would happen to this game if every player had purchased this offer…and small giant games revenue stream as well.

I for one appreciate the attempt, and believe that if further good deals come along I will purchase at least some.

That being said, I wish everyone in my guild had gotten this one.

1 Like

This is a competitive game. People spend money to increase their advantage. If everyone has the opportunity to spend the same amount of money to increase their advantage the same amount, then that is fair. However I’ve spent $25 and have had HALF the opportunity to increase my advantage than someone who has spent $3. Devs just decided to put these players way above me, for a minor amount of money.

That is the issue.

Also, I’m upset for spending $25, I can imagine how the players who have spent hundreds are feeling about now.

1 Like

Keep in mind, it says they will listen. It does not say they will take any action. I listen to my 13 year old cry about how he need a new PS4 game but that does not mean I go out and buy it for him. I hear his words but feel no need to act. Same here. Oh I am sure they hear us, they just do not care what we think.

4 Likes

I would agree had the offer been more in line with what has been offered all along. The key here that I think you miss is the way it made everyone who has spent money up to now feel like they had been suckered. That is a powerful and very negative message to send out to your fan base.

I do not care the $45 deal was sent to my son and I never saw it (So Far). if was a nice deal if you wanted it, but I get they were targeting med level players. Bu tit also didn’t offer 6000 gems for $3 either. Like I said, the key to this is not that they target people, it is the fact they offered a hyper-discount to a limited group at the expense of their fans who have spend way more ( a lot more) for a lot less. Volume of discount.

Honestly, it’s you guys that missed the point. If the promotion had met with an overwhelmingly positive response there would be more such offers, including those who missed out on this one.
Instead, there will not be anything close to this again.

As much as I hate the saying, you really do catch more flies with honey.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. This offer should never have been made. An offer to the non-spenders could have been more reasonable and would have been just fine IMO.

Thanks for sharing your point of view though, I think it helps to read/hear other points of view and not just hear an echo chamber. :relaxed:

You mean more great offers to players who have never spent money? If it went well, this experiment would never have helped you, assuming you had spent any money in this game.

For SG, a positive response would be converting non-spenders to spenders. And then hoping once they are converted they will continue to pump in even more money. It’s the drug dealer approach… get them hooked. Problem is, this is at the expense of all the community which has been paying them. If this game wasn’t competitive, then what does it matter, right? Another player can advance in a single player game all they want, it doesn’t impact me at all. But that’s just not the case here. You spend 1/8th the amount as I, and get twice the advantage opportunity?

I’m not arguing as to why this made you and others angry.
What I’m saying is, the way people handled this was shortsighted.
I think they did go overboard with this promo. It should have been, 1000gems, maybe a 1/2 price special, that kind of thing.
What I’m saying is that all this anger guarantees no future offers of this caliber will be made, including to all those who didn’t get this one.
That’s why I named this original thread, “your own worst enemy” devs moved it here

Well, I’ll have to go with dafrca on this, and agree to disagree. The message sent was an important one. This community wants to be treated fairly. Actually, needs to be treated fairly, as this is a competitive environment.

1 Like

And on SG most recent posting, I’d like to express my opinion on this point:

“We have discontinued the offer, and will try to come up with new offers that can be shared with a larger part of the community”

The damage has been done. How many people already bought that $3 offer? The only way to fix it, is to offer the EXACT same one to everybody who hasn’t received it already.

New offers, just doesn’t cut it. Offering the same deal WON’T hurt your profits. It will make everyone feel better, give you a small boost in income, and spenders will continue to spend. 6000 gems will not break anything for your game.

But I suspect whatever marketing person came up with this brilliant idea in the first place now sees this as an opportunity to send out a crappier offer (more costly, less items) and receive a large acceptance of it.

Okay, I’ve now spoken my peace ( maybe :wink:

1 Like

Legendary, I have to agree with the others. I’m very upset with this deal and I think it’s important that Small Giant knows how much they have hurt their paying customers. Personally, I won’t be spending anymore on the game unless they rectify this somehow.

However I am glad you posted your point of view as well. As Dafrca said, we should hear how everyone feels and not just an echo chamber of yes-men. I understand where you’re coming from, but personally I would never want to see great offers like this again unless they are offered to everyone.

2 Likes

This is really all there is to it.

Sure come up with a long term fix, but you need to do this.

2 Likes