Special offers for some?

So my sister as well as a few others I know got offered a 3 dollar deal today containing 6000 gems, 5 epic summon tokens, and some other things. That’s like what 120 dollars in items cost normally.

My question is how come most of us including me didn’t get offered this deal? I’ve spent money left and right on this game. How is it fair some people get offered such a good deal and the rest of us don’t? There’s a lot of people upset about this and some are even quitting. Just curious what the deal is with this.

Thanks,
Modern Day King

8 Likes

Could be wrong, but it looks like there is a pattern emerging (at least within our alliance), that you need a level 15 stronghold. Granted, please don’t assume that is factual. Just an observed pattern.

-Avicious

2 Likes

To get that same offer? I don’t believe so. My little sisters stronghold is only like 5 and she got it.

2 Likes

Yep, probably coincidence then

1 Like

$3 or $30? $3 seems like a major deal and I would be sad if it were not offered to me as well. Knowing how much it is worth.

3 Likes

It looks like people who haven’t purchased anything in the past are getting these offers. It’s like the phone companies giving special discounts to new customers but not old customers. I purchased the offer because it was just too good a deal and now i am hooked so there will be a ton more money coming their way and I think that was their intent to get people to open their wallets.

1 Like

Here’s the offer (and no, I didn’t get it):

6 Likes

That is very uncool if they are giving such a great deal to some and skipping their core fans. It does not say new member discount or anything like that. :angry:

6 Likes

Yeah definitely not fair in my opinion.

3 Likes

340% would be generous 3400% makes no sense to me if only offered to those who have not spent. Sure they will take the offer, but they are unlikely to buy at normal rate after and as you can see it upsets those that have spent in the past.
Deals should be offered to everyone

3 Likes

For new player’s, seen it twice on 2 separate accounts.

1 Like

My sister has been playing the same amount of time as me and she got it and I didn’t. Doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

I agree, this is no way to treat those who have actually supported the game. With the Gigantic Discount if used properly, a player could get 28 Epic Hero summons for $3. While I’ve spent $25 and received only 15 summons. So basically someone who spends 1/8th the amount of money receives almost twice the number of epic summons… which puts them in a much better position to get a desired line-up of Heroes.

I play this game because it’s fun, and pay because I believe in supporting quality development and it helps enhance my game-play. However with tactics such as this, it really makes me question the type of company I’m supporting.

Devs: Give everyone the same offer. Period. We don’t like being manipulated and squeezed. It will backfire on you.

8 Likes

Wow. Really? That’s what some people are getting?

That puts how much we have been paying in perspective. We’ve been paying far too much.

Between this and the limited time heroes behind a $30+ pay wall (and that’s assuming you’re lucky), I think we know exactly what kind of company we are dealing with. I genuinely enjoy compensating people for services rendered and products delivered, but I also despise when people try to fleece me. It would have been so easy to have made either of these things, the limited time heroes or this package, gestures of appreciation for the people who keep the company afloat. A way to say, “Thanks for paying the bills.”

Instead they went with, “See the shiny? Want the shiny? You’re going to have to pay and pay a lot, but we aren’t going to say how much or even what your chances are. And if you aren’t already hooked, kiddos, this one’s on me.”

I’m disappointed because this game does have higher production values than most and combined a few different things that I’ve enjoyed in other games into one game, but now I’ve uninstalled the app and I regret purchasing the starter pack.

4 Likes

I’m just wondering, where the offer is, i have the Facebook logo with gems. Maybe those that follow on facebook gets the offer?
I have a level 5 (that i started yesterday (a day before update), and a level 20 I’ve been playing for 3-4weeks maybe, to which neither has the offer up. No purchases of regular gems so far on either.

I’m also maybe thinking it might have something to do with the Elemental portal? I know the rotation order is the same for everyone but not the current color. Maybe once that syncs up, this 3$ promotion might spawn for everyone at different time. Its only been a day right.

I sincerely hope that it will be offered to everyone and there is a explanation to why it hasn’t. But as for now I’ll use the skill that this game teaches us best, patience and wait.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed with OP total bs to offer it some and not all.

4 Likes

Some mates from our alliance got this offer; not me, and I have never bought anything…

2 Likes

Answer from their support: ‘We have a large variety of offers available, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee that somebody will get a specific one. However, we will definitely be adding more cool offers in the future, and will listen closely to the player feedback on this matter.’!!!
Absolutely non acceptable!

3 Likes

This answer smells of the “We just do not care” vibe. I am very sad they do not seem to understand how bad this is. It slaps my support in the face then ignores my pain. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. Well when half their player base leaves because of this then maybe they’ll realize. And it will be the big spenders who quit too.

3 Likes