Sorry, can someone help me

Sorry but i struggle realy hard to understand this forum since about an hour+. I saw someone was searching an new member in the forigen langueses section and try to answer them, first I made this account, so far so clear. Then afer actavating it I coulden’t answer them becose the forum had already closed it 10 days ago, then I struggeld to find out how to send them a PN, of corse this didnt work as well becaus I had to become Level 1 first, after googling it and klicking on random post I finaly manage to become Level 1, but Istill cant find the butten to send someone a f***** PN, and the site tells me if I hed questions I should PN a mod, but since I can’t find the icon… you can see the loop I gues. So next thing I try to find a help section, without much succes of course, and now my last straw is to post here in the general discussion section, where without a doubt it doesn’t belong, but it seemslike the last chance to acually become help.

This has got to be the worst experianc I ever had on a site in a very long time, and all I tryd was just asking someone if thy be intrested in a fusion. Can it really be this hard. Why the Level sistem, why is it so hard to send an PN, why is the topic clost after 1 month, 1 jear i could understand but 1 month…?
Pleas if anyone can help me, I take anything.

Sorry for bad english, this isn’t my mother languese as you can guess,
greetings Komory

p.s. everything could be so easy if there would be a way to send a messege to someone in game…

I do believe PM’s are disabled here. The messages are generic ones for the forum software. The devs have in the past stated no to PM’s in the game due to possible abuse.

Best bet is to start a thread tagging the person you want to contact. Put an @ in front of their name, like @Komory for you. They will get a notification next time they log on.

6 Likes

OK, thank you alot. I can see why there are no PN in game, but banning them here on the Forum is frustrating and confusing when the site tells me I need to be Level 1 to send PN… looks like the mods have never ever read the instrucions for the forum themself… frustrating is saying it nicely, I couldn’t even answer and thank you becose of a waiting time… but thanks anyway:

Copy and Paste from the guidelines:

Trust Level 1 – Basic

At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Send PMs
1 Like

Um…

Oh my :disappointed_relieved:. You’re new to the forum so I’m thinking you might be completely unaware of just how hardworking our forum moderators are.

FWIW, the forum was established by SG in 2017, who knew it was so broken, and thank goodness you’ve waited this long to post such a helpful comment :disappointed_relieved:. Perhaps you should redirect any criticism / constructive feedback of how the forum could be improved, their way.

Happy gaming.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the mods aren’t responsible for how the system works nor for making the rules.

It was obviously a bot sending you automated messages during the tutorial. Replying would’ve been pointless.

Yes, it is confusing. But as @nevarmaor told you, DMs are disabled. Copy/pasting guidelines won’t change that.

If such a small detail makes you that angry, I’m afraid you’re in for a long, unpleasant ride. I’d honestly never heard of anyone struggling to use the forum’s basic features, which are rather intuitive.

If you want to have a private conversation with someone, use an IM and have it on there.

When you need help understanding how the forum works, use the search function, and if you don’t find anything, do what you just did here: create a topic and ask your question.

4 Likes

@Komory , as @Sarah2 and @NicoX said, moderators are hardworking volunteers, so many of us tend to be quite protective of them.

As far as I know, it is not the moderators’ decision on the settings on this forum such as no personal messages. That is likely something SG the company decided.

Sorry you had a frustrating experience because the guidelines were misleading. As you can see, asking for help leads to fast responses here. Please don’t take your frustrations out on the moderators, as they do their best and give lots of time and effort - and they didn’t choose the settings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Komory what everyone @Sarah2 @sleepyhead @NicoX @nevarmaor have said is the absolute truth!! You can try tagging one of us or @Petri if you have any doubts. We’ll be happy to help anytime.

2 Likes

As I said the messages are generic and not all options are available in every installation of this software. It is up to the maintainer (SG) to decide what options they want to make available. The moderators are simply fellow players who donate their time to keeping the forums organized and civil but they have no control over the actual installation.

If you want more information about the forum software it is called Discourse.

That site has lots of helpful information on using it.

1 Like

There is also a helpful thread on forum questions.

Amazing what a little search can find.

1 Like