Something SGG DID Right (Positive thread)

Leave your rage at the door kalo’s! I know despite the bait and switch SGG did with your money, I think with the forum and SGG image at an all time low we should come together and post something positive about SGG for a change.

I’ve been meaning to post this for a while but was distracted by a certain meme thread (cough). The 1 thing SGG did right, in my personal opinion, is this forum. It’s really, really well made. The last time I frequent a forum this much was back when PHP coded forum was the bomb (shaking my head and avoid all things reddit). Everything in here just fits perfectly be it on laptop, ipads or mobile. Reading was made so easy and it can even “hold” your post for you because you need to wait another 14minutes before you can post. And when the time is up, it asked you if you wanna post that in the current or previous section. Maybe for you tech savvy guys its just par for the course but I’m really impress at how user friendly this place is. It is as if a group of well paid people sitting down discussing how the user would use this forum and where they can improve the user experience further. They think, plan and improve 10 steps ahead. That’s it isn’t it? The recipe for a successful product. If only, in our wildest dream, the same level of preparedness was done to the game too. Elation.

What positive, right thing has SGG done or did to/for you?

10 Likes

Create the game. I play it every day, spend more time playing beta, and even more on the forums here. I play and do these things because I enjoy it.

16 Likes

Soul exchange was a nice move, even it’s overpriced, it’s a good start. Don’t know if it compensates all the crap stuff they have been doing, but it’s one thing positive in the middle of the crap sea.

14 Likes

They don’t require you to mail in a letter to discontinue playing the game. It is quite easy to just uninstall though that is an iOS thing.

2 Likes

6hekmg

3 Likes

Two things that got me to play early:
1 the ad included 90% actual gameplay
2 no ads unless I choose to watch them

15 Likes

Removing S1 from a few of the portals

Gotta say, first time I saw that, I was truly impressed with the game devs :smirk:

(Really thought it’d never happen tbh)

24 Likes

The Office Space printer/copier scene was more graphic.

1 Like

Made some good friends that converted to sorta RL friends, even after buddy exits the game.

8 Likes

Make flying ducks that are easy to drop, and turn into bats during the Halloween season. :thinking:

2 Likes

There’s so much hate, so much sadness in the Kalo balance thread that I wish I could bring them over here for some positivity

2 Likes

I used to view the forum as a morass of toxicity, ignorance, stupidity and bigotry, and while it remains largely true, I’ve since met a host of clever, welcoming, insightful and genuinely helpful people.

They make it a fantastic source of information and quality content, as well as a place where pleasant, refreshing interactions can be enjoyed if one so chooses.

I’d be hard-pressed to give full credit to SGG for it, but they did provide the platform on which it flourished.

There’s also this game called Empires & Puzzles which I believe they created and which I find rather entertaining, highly questionable decisions and business practices notwithstanding.

Oh, and “Small Giants” is a pretty cool name, so there’s that too. :joy:

10 Likes

agree. i love no forced ads.

6 Likes

Can we please do not transform this thread to a discussion about Russia, Ukraine and the war?

One thing drew me to this game - the graphics. I love the style, colours and theme. Not everything is as beautiful as Marjana or Isarnia artworks, but vivid colours made me try this game. And I like everything with a fantasy theme.

9 Likes

Question for everyone :

Do you enable music and sound while playing? I have muted both 5 sec after installing the game. The only time I get sound is when I watch someone playing this game thru YouTube :rofl:

1. More MVs
  2. Soul Exchange
  3. Some recovery in HoTM quality - e.g. Kara. June/August/Sep HoTM also look serviceable assuming no more nerf
2 Likes

@Ham.Cheese
I was just about to say the most positive thing is to put the game on mute.
I initially started playing this game with the sound on. It annoyed my partner immensely every day.
If I couldn’t mute the sound I doubt that I would still be playing today.
And I have come to love the game and the players
:grinning:

8 Likes

Reset emblems imagine if it was gem based and you lost 5% each time

1 Like

There is a lot of good stuff introduced…like Hero Academy and Alchemy Lab. Younger players may not remember these times, but these buildings are quite fresh. The other part is the execution of these buildings, but it is a positive thread :smiley:. Alkashards are really nice bonus source of emblems and AMs.

Costumes for S1 heroes were also very welcomed. Though, they start to fall behind the new heroes now.

Emblems are also good implementation. They work well, at one time they increased the emblem spawn. It was good. With Limit Breakers I am not so keen now.

I also like Mythic Titan a lot. It is nice, that you can challenge yourself not only with your alliance mates, but the whole E&P community.

In the same manner, an alliance quest is a very good idea.

Small QoL of life, such as number of waves in maps…but why we had to wait for it for so long :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

this thread is a pleasant surprise @Ham.Cheese , thank you

I agree, the forum features are excellent. being able to save a draft post; making it easy to share links, gifs, pics.

I do see more effort from SG in communicating (I still often don’t like the message/content, BUT at least the frequency and amount of detail is improving).

some recent in-game moves that are nice (yes, I know there are many things in the game not good now, but I am trying not to be cynical :wink: ) :

1. extending the seasonal events to 1 month instead of 2 weeks
  2. adding older challenge event 3* and 4* to HA5 and HA8 (this should be expanded, e.g. Atlantis heroes - fine, without the new costumes - but it is a start!)

there may be more, I need to think about it… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes