Something awesome about this game! – Optional Advertising with Rewards

The odd they just disclosed are very close to the community estimates based on the 1000’s of pulls people reported.

How many EHT are you assuming the F2P get a month? Just curious, since I had what I think was a very lucky streak for a few month, and now I think I’m back into reality…I only saw three last month and I was seeing 3 or more a week for a few months before that.

Well, it can be 2 years, 20 years or 2 weeks (it took 5 months for me to get 2).

The odds are always the same, 1.3% in Epic or Elemental.

What do ou mean by “using gems”? gems are the only way to get heroes, and now there are atlantean coins.

1 Like

There are tokens too.

They drop randomly or can sometimes be bought for 250 gems

3 Likes

That’s irrelevant. The average for HotM for free players is somewhere around two years. That’s by using only gems. And yes, we also get Atlantis coins and epic hero tokens from loot.

And just in case “two years” is confusing for some: I don’t mean you’ll get a HotM every two years. More like: in 20 years expect about 10 HotMs.

How could I forget that? I actually got a HOTM from an epic token… thanks!!!

1 Like

What is irrelevant is how many times you summon a hero, your chance is generated every single time you give it a shot.

And that is FINE, since this is not a P2W game.

Read this thread (if you have some time and will) What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls") to better understand how the pulls work.

And this game has the advantage (for the devs) that there is nothing physical, it´s not like you can deplete the machine to get what you want at last.

My point is: YOU DON´T NEED to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get very good heroes, like you said in your original reply.

Some people WANT to have those heroes at all costs, so they do pour money into the game, and that is also FINE, since it´s their money and they can flush it down the toilet if they want to.

The mechanics of the game only will change when the current one is no longer bringing new accounts nor being profitable for the devs.

2 Likes

Well then I have some mind blowing news for you: if you summon 100 heroes, you have a better chance at one 5* than if you summon one hero.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, for those who want it…I personally will hit Mystic Vision every time it’s available for free goodies. :wink:

EDIT: I love that I can get free ascension mats from Mystic Vision. It’s not everytime, but often enough that I keep checking.

7 Likes

I do the same. In fact, I usually play the ad and put the phone down to go do something else for 30 seconds. Similarly, I use the same approach for farming 8-7. It’s great to fill monster chests/collect recruits while doing chores and not have to stare at the phone as it collects the rewards. :+1:

2 Likes

It takes 53 pulls for a player to be more likely than not to pull an HOTM - some will get it on the first pull; others won’t get an HOTM from hundreds of pulls.

So you’re assuming that F2P players will collect enough gems in 2 years to summon 53 times. That’s five 10x summons @ 2600 gems each, and three single summons @ 300 gems each, for a total of 13,900 gems in two years.

So that’s 6,950 gems each year, 134 gems each week, about 20 gems each day.

Between Titans, raid chests, monster chests, aggregate Titan chests, mystic vision chests, levelling bonuses, elemental chests, rare quests and gem quests, if you are only averaging 20 gems each day as a F2P player then you are not trying very hard.

Averaging 40 gems a day should be pretty easy - that would mean F2P players should get one HOTM a year, on average (if they decide to invest all their gems on summonses). That seems pretty reasonable to me, and of course it’s quite possible to generate more than 40 gems a day, reducing the expected time it takes to pull an HOTM even further.

2 Likes

And that is whay i said you need patience and perseverance in this game, eventually you will get good heroes, be it from gems, atlantis coins, tokens (didn´t forget this time), because chances are not cummulative, 100 summons equal to 100x 1.3% shots, not 100% of chance of getting one.

Big spenders do not buy increased chances, just more shots, if you still doubt it, look at this guy: Over 800€ invested in the game. And do not get a month's hero

If you summon 100 times then you’ve got about a 73% chance of drawing at least one HOTM.

1 Like

I’m waiting with trepidation to see the direction this thread goes!

4 Likes

Those are great numbers, are they official?

1-(1-0.013)^100 = 0.73

So, yup.

1 Like

It’s been so long for me. Just as i got to a level where i am starting to use them!
Odd observation, it seems to me that we got better items when they were advertising better games. Example, final fantasy. That ad gave me so many awesome goodies!!!

Also, agreed, so glad there is no forced ads in this game! I do watch mv as often as i see it’s available because even crappy loot is free loot!

That is theoretically true, however, since RNG restarts from zero every time, the truth is you always have a 98,7% chances of NOT GETTING ONE.

and I´ve seen many posts in this forum complaining about NOT GETTING ONE, no matter the $$$ spent, and others like me, have gotten their hands on one without spending a nickel.

Actually, I’ve played over 17 months. The goodies are patchy, but there, whether the ads are Final Fantasy or some goofy cartoon bear match 3. I just check it like I’m farming: collect food, check. Collect iron, check. Collect MV, check.

1 Like

I’m sure they are. I’ve only been playing just under 2 months.
When the good stuff does drop it’s happy gryphon dance time though! The knowledge that it’s possible keeps you coming back to keep trying!

2 Likes

Noooooooo

Not this again. You will awaken the wrath of the Gatto Baffi!!

The odds are cumulative - the more rolls you make, the higher the odds that __ONE__will be a HOTM.

9 Likes