Something awesome about this game! – Optional Advertising with Rewards

I do the same. In fact, I usually play the ad and put the phone down to go do something else for 30 seconds. Similarly, I use the same approach for farming 8-7. It’s great to fill monster chests/collect recruits while doing chores and not have to stare at the phone as it collects the rewards. :+1:

2 Likes

It takes 53 pulls for a player to be more likely than not to pull an HOTM - some will get it on the first pull; others won’t get an HOTM from hundreds of pulls.

So you’re assuming that F2P players will collect enough gems in 2 years to summon 53 times. That’s five 10x summons @ 2600 gems each, and three single summons @ 300 gems each, for a total of 13,900 gems in two years.

So that’s 6,950 gems each year, 134 gems each week, about 20 gems each day.

Between Titans, raid chests, monster chests, aggregate Titan chests, mystic vision chests, levelling bonuses, elemental chests, rare quests and gem quests, if you are only averaging 20 gems each day as a F2P player then you are not trying very hard.

Averaging 40 gems a day should be pretty easy - that would mean F2P players should get one HOTM a year, on average (if they decide to invest all their gems on summonses). That seems pretty reasonable to me, and of course it’s quite possible to generate more than 40 gems a day, reducing the expected time it takes to pull an HOTM even further.

2 Likes

And that is whay i said you need patience and perseverance in this game, eventually you will get good heroes, be it from gems, atlantis coins, tokens (didn´t forget this time), because chances are not cummulative, 100 summons equal to 100x 1.3% shots, not 100% of chance of getting one.

Big spenders do not buy increased chances, just more shots, if you still doubt it, look at this guy: Over 800€ invested in the game. And do not get a month's hero

If you summon 100 times then you’ve got about a 73% chance of drawing at least one HOTM.

1 Like

I’m waiting with trepidation to see the direction this thread goes!

4 Likes

Those are great numbers, are they official?

1-(1-0.013)^100 = 0.73

So, yup.

1 Like

It’s been so long for me. Just as i got to a level where i am starting to use them!
Odd observation, it seems to me that we got better items when they were advertising better games. Example, final fantasy. That ad gave me so many awesome goodies!!!

Also, agreed, so glad there is no forced ads in this game! I do watch mv as often as i see it’s available because even crappy loot is free loot!

That is theoretically true, however, since RNG restarts from zero every time, the truth is you always have a 98,7% chances of NOT GETTING ONE.

and I´ve seen many posts in this forum complaining about NOT GETTING ONE, no matter the $$$ spent, and others like me, have gotten their hands on one without spending a nickel.

Actually, I’ve played over 17 months. The goodies are patchy, but there, whether the ads are Final Fantasy or some goofy cartoon bear match 3. I just check it like I’m farming: collect food, check. Collect iron, check. Collect MV, check.

1 Like

I’m sure they are. I’ve only been playing just under 2 months.
When the good stuff does drop it’s happy gryphon dance time though! The knowledge that it’s possible keeps you coming back to keep trying!

2 Likes

Noooooooo

Not this again. You will awaken the wrath of the Gatto Baffi!!

The odds are cumulative - the more rolls you make, the higher the odds that __ONE__will be a HOTM.

9 Likes

actually i edited the reply, went to check my statistics book,and the formula @Brobb used is quite correct.

However, this can also be compared to the risk of your plane crashing, it does not matter how many times you fly, when a plane crashes there are always people who fly a lot, and people who flies a little in the plane.

If the hero roster was like a physical pool, where every time you pull a hero he is out of the equation, the chances would be cumulative, but in this case, every time you pull a hero, he remains available for the next pull, so all the odds reset again.

2 Likes

I feel compelled to buy 2600 gems to make a 10x pull and see what happens… but maybe I will pass :joy:

2 Likes

I like the ads for that loot game where you touch the tiles and they change colours. It reminds me of why I play Empires and not a game where I touch the tiles and they change colours

:joy::grin::rofl::smiley::smile::sweat_smile::laughing::wink:

3 Likes

I just noticed we went WAAAAAAAY off topic.

I can help with that. If we are considering HOTM only, we know that for each of your ten summons you would have a 98.7% of not drawing one. But we also know that this means that for your 10x pull, your chance of drawing at least one HOTM would be about 12.3%.

It’s just like tossing a coin. If you do it once, the chance of heads is 50%. If you do it ten times the chance that heads will come up at least once is 99.9%.

Halfway through the op, I was thinking this was a “everyone say something positive about e and p thread”

Read it all… not quite…

But I love that the ads are opt in for chances at bonuses as opposed to opt out for cash. I wouldn’t have stayed with it if they were forced ads

Kudos to @Tima for starting such a positive little thread. I’m not gonna read anything else on here today! This made me feel nice and now I don’t wanna read that “summons is bs and guin is op and boards are not random and wars are unfair and loot is nerfed”

Have an amazing day everyone!!!

2 Likes

My wife and I play E&P together, and it’s really great. I got a message from her today as she got Caedmon from her TC20 and was excited :slight_smile: we are both lamenting that we just drew a 10* Titan haha :stuck_out_tongue: it’s a nice thing to share.

What I’m working towards is… maybe see if your wife wants to join in. Tell her all the cool, young, sexy married couples are doing it :stuck_out_tongue: (and the elderly ones with mostly crazy-pantsed husbanderkins, too :wink: )

Edit:

Mystic Vision is a really great thing as far as in game ads go. I wonder if they get a higher revenue from the advertisers given their unique setup? Like I am surprised and confused that they only allow you to watch one ad a day. I would think it would be like one Mystic Vision and then you can do like lesser mystic visions until your butt falls out.

Edit 2:

Not your butt specifically, but butts in general

1 Like

40 gems per day? How? I do everything and get about 500 per month.