Some serious money spenders want to just quit out

Please y’all, this is not an issue of the haves vs the have nots (or have less). Let’s not make it one. :slight_smile:

I completely agree with you with regards to people fighting wars for the enjoyment of battle; however in my own very specific instance, things were different… our alliance is sitting on 29 points for our war chest :laughing:. We do enjoy the battles but it was so painful to see it crash on 29 points :laughing:. In saying that, things happen and nobody is overly upset. In other circumstances, it wouldn’t matter but this time I am rallying for that last point.

Unfortunately I believe that a mini event would be way too much of a compensation. That would be two unfarmables for most people. That’s a lot of potential lost revenue.

Here’s a thought, instead of paying for items in the game how about grinding for the things. I think the reason people get bored of the game is that they spend money for the things because they don’t want to grind or actually play to earn those things.

It’s like modding a video game, it’s not fun if everything is just handed to you, of course you will get bored of it.

The war bug annoyed me also. I had some great hits, my alliance was winning and if we would of won our war chest would of been filled. However I didnt think the bug was that big a deal. Wars dont cost anything to participate like raids which can actually cost quite a bit if constant rerolling is needed

1 Like

If time is cost, then I disagree. Spending time planning out an approach and attack plan for the war is non-trivial.

2 Likes

It must be a very special war chest that one! The rest of us only need 25 points to open it :)) Just kiddin’, I get what you mean. Exactly the same situation with my alliance. 24 war points. But I don’t complain. Just a minor set back. We’ll open the chest next time. What I 'm most curious about is, given our situation (24 war points), what will happen if we win the next war. Will the points reset to zero after opening the chest, resulting in us loseing 4 war points, or will we get the 4 points for the next chest?

1 Like

As of the last minor update, it is supposed to carry over.

1 Like

Sure hope so…

20 fghhhjjj

My suggestion would be all alliance leaders get a screenshot before the devs try a fix.

The howl a loss of chest points would cause…priceless

if time is cost

Its not.

Free = none of your in game resources/gems/items (that you already had) needed to be sacrificed for it

I wasn’t attempting to imply it didnt take work, strategy and effort. It definitely does.

We fundamentally disagree on that issue. I can make money with my time. If they waste my time, they waste my opportunity to make money.

1 Like

“Time is money” (or ham & iron) is a metaphor and an idiom. Its an idiom i like and use a lot but in this conversation im being literal about how free wars are in the game.

Like yeah, time is a valuable resource but e&p is a game. Which means it exists for the purpose of being a very enjoyable way it waste/kill time.

I do get what your saying about how much the bug sucks, my guild suffered from it too but its not so big a deal its worth quitting over. Bugs/glitches just happen sometimes

It’s a game, so expecting people to chill out is a tad unrealistic, don’t you think? :wink:

1 Like

The problem is grinding for things is very largely pointless. I haven’t paid for anything in this game and it’s quite boring to grind endlessly for no reward. Dozens of tc20 pulls of the same half dozen 3* heroes is boring. Killing dozens of titans with no ascension mats is boring. Grinding wars and completing quests for meaningless rewards is boring. Knowing I have almost zero chance of ever having a HotM or a cool event hero is boring. People are upset because these war chests seem to be, at least slightly, better than the other boring grind items. These chests are the best hope us free grinders have of getting something useful.

1 Like

With all the money SG has made off this game, you would think they could afford to hire some weekend help so the old “it’s the weekend” issue wouldn’t matter anymore…lol

Wait. What?! Do we have a war problem?
I thought it is under maintenance like it was for the last 4 months out of 6.
The inconsistency of the war makes me believe that there is a different team working on war than the titan (for example). And that team could be fired.
I conduct a business for myself and I do the same: if a team is repeatedly failing I must let it go.
Compensation is futile now, and I consider it puerile. We are here for the fun, not for incentives.

I agree with @Kerridoc that keeping customers satisfied is sensible business practice. Having said that, I am always surprised with the howling, ash smearing, threats, foaming at the mouth when any problem with the game, major or minor happens. It feels as if SG has perpetrated genocide.
People ask for compensation even before they ask why.
Certainly SG should have more agility to solve big problems, or a bigger team, but they are not war criminals, constantly conspiring to ruin our lives. As someone said here, let them at least solve the problem before anything else. And, no matter their spending, people who go over the top and want to quit over bugs in game will not be missed.
My alliance companions, thank heavens, all of them just made a couple of jokes and went to enjoy their saturday elsewhere.

8 Likes

Your mistake is pretty obvious, I think. Instead of grinding endlessly for no reward, you should switch to grinding endlessly for generous rewards!

I have trained 23 legendary heroes and have collected enough ascension materials to fully ascend 13 of them. I have summoned 2 HOTM. My total spend has been £2.99.

So please, stop your no reward policy before it spoils your enjoyment of the game.

4 Likes

Big :+1: for:

• +75 :gem:
  • +1 World energy flask
  • Extra rare quest

@Eries is your alliance mate ok with this compensation? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s a really tidy package: a rare quest, the WE to complete it, and 75 gems if you need to continue the last level.

5 Likes