Some Costume Ideas for Future Costumes and/or Special Skill Effects

Hello.

With the recent improvements made to Costumes, I think there’s a good basis for improving Regular hereoes, and while the system still has some flaws (Why can’t we just emblem the costume as opposed to being forced to emblem the base hero in a suboptimal way?) I generally think it’s a step in the right direction and will help some of the older heroes shine in ways they couldn’t before.

That being said, I also think there’s an opportunity here to work with existing and new mechanics to breathe new life in some of these heroes and give them more defined identities or fleshing out their characters more. Here are some costume ideas I’ve come up with in order to achieve that goal.

Please note that these will exclusively be 5* costume ideas, with a potential follow-up on 4* ideas at a later date if this is well-received. Changes to the special skills will be marked in Italics.

First Costume:

Hero: Elkanen - Spearmaster of Moonlight
Class: Cleric
Special Skill: Crescent Spear - Fast

Deals 330% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
Heals the caster for 38% of the damage dealt.

Costume idea: Bloodmoon Champion - A darker theme on the more bright Elven aesthetic.
Class: Sorcerer/Wizard
Special Skill: Bloodmoon Crescent - Fast

Deals 330% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
The target and nearby enemies get -100% healing received for 3 turns.

Second Costume:

Hero: Thorne - Wielder of Frostmorrow
Class: Paladin
Special Skill: Icecold Finisher - Average

Deals 480% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

Costume idea: Frostking of Glaceholm - Similar to the Isarnia costume style.
Class: Fighter
Special Skill: Lethal Frostbite - Average

The target and nearby enemies become Brittle for 4 turns.
Deals 435% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
Enemies killed under the Brittle effect shatter and cannot be revived.

Third Costume:

Hero: Khagan - Chief of Tribes
Class: Ranger
Special Skill: Khan’s Order - Slow

Deals 320% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 5 turns.
The caster and nearby allies get +63% defense for 5 turns.

Costume Idea: Ascended Warlord - A more refined take on Khagan with more elegant clothing and weaponry.
Class: Monk
Special Skill: Khan’s Wrath - Slow

Deals 230% damage to all enemies.
The caster and nearby allies become immune to new status ailments for 3 turns.
The caster and nearby allies get +60% special attack for 3 turns. This does not apply to normal attacks.

Fourth Costume:

Hero: Obakan - Praetorian Bodyguard
Class: Barbarian
Special Skill: Cleave and Counter - Fast

Deals 260% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
The caster counterattacks with 115% of the damage received for 4 turns.

Costume Idea: Valiant Defender - Not really sure about the aesthetic, but the idea here is to bring out Obakan’s “bodyguard” aspect more by forcing the enemy to attack into his counter. He is “valiant” because he has low defense and won’t be able to take a lot of hits, unlike heroes with similar abilities (e.g. Black Knight and Queen of Hearts).
Class: Paladin
Special Skill: The Best Offense… - Fast

Deals 260% damage to the target. (No longer deals damage to nearby enemies.)
The caster counterattacks with 115% of the damage received for 4 turns.
The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.

Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post. I welcome any discussion, both on the Aesthetics of what these costumes could look like, and on what their special skills could do (e.g. I’m fully aware that the Khagan Costume will mean a third Slow AoE hitter among the Regular Red 5*). Suggestions for other costumes are also welcome!

Thanks for reading,
Alle.

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Imagine you have to design the next batch of costumes, what heroes and specials do you go for?

4 votes have been moved.