[SOLVED] Wilbur's Special Temporarily Modified

The Wilbur we’ve got back (thankfully) is what was advertised when you started leveling him up and what we saw in beta. I suggest you should learn to love him.

And there’s a lot to love. Your fast sniper is now a powerful AoE attacker, and you get to hit the softest target, generating the most damage, which is then spread to everyone. Foes have Riposte up? Aim at a corner and watch everyone suffer. You can now aim a sniper at a nearly dead hero, kill it, and not waste all the extra damage.

So there’s a lot to like about spreading the damage AND having a huge armor debuff on your foes. BUT be careful: if the foe’s Kiril or other defense buff casts, suddenly that spirit link works to their benefit. Time Wilbur carefully. If you are facing a Wilbur, use this strategy to your advantage.

2 Likes

I used him in the event at 60. He finally got his gloves so will be going to 70 shortly (after Nat gets to 70)

He is one of those heros like a Merlin. He will be super fun to use but you need to learn how use him and when to set him off. I failed my first time and set Wu off first. Some of his spirit link missed. At least I think that is what happened, I could be wrong.

@Wormwood has made a few videos using him. Granted he is experienced and his raids take 30-40 seconds normally but you get the idea watching them…

No this still isn’ Working correctly in raids ; not sharing the damage across allies

Hi all
I need information on this same issue , I got Wilbur some dsys ago and still trying to level it up , but then decided to try it out to know its special skills particularly on the damage sharing amongst enemies , it works fine with bane in my attack team , but when I changed it to Sonya, I noticed that the damage sharing Buff on the enemy dispells immediately after Sonya’s attack , whereas other buffs on the enemies remains, all buffs on my team also remained intact , but all were supposed to last 4 turns or so…

Although Sonya special dispels buff from enemies , now should it dispel only this valuable special of Wilbur and leave others ? Same effect was observed when I heal my team with Belith , it immediately removed the cast danage sharing from the enemy and left other buff .

Is his normal per design regarding Wilbur special? Or is it because it has not been leveled to its full special skills yet?

I figure the same effect might occur if Sonya should attack my team after castimg Wilbur’s buff. Although , I don’t have a way to know this yet.

Damage sharing is considered a good effect (a buff) for the team that has it, so Sonya removing all such effects is designed to remove the damage sharing also. The origin of the sharing does not matter.

Of course I know what damage sharing is all about , You probably didnt get my point , the damage sharing alone was removed by Sonya leaving other buffs in place , is this normal?.
I would have considered this okay if all buff effects were all dispeled in line with Sonya’s special.
Thank you for your resonse , anyway I will contact support for more clarification.

What were those other buffs?

Some buffs cannot be dispelled. This is normal.

Other buffs should be dispelled in the scenario you describe, and failure to do so, would seem to indicate a bug. But unless you tell us what those buffs were, we cannot say if that’s the case here.

The two casted by Wilbur on the enemies were

• share recieved damage with other team member (. 4 turn left)
  • -30% defense ( 4 turn left)
    As soon as I attack one enemy with Sonya , they actually share the damage , but it cleared off the share recieved damage leaving only the second (-30% defense now 3 turn)

Another point to also note is , I activated Wilbur again and attacked with Oberon, now have the following on enemies

• Share damage
  • -30 defense
  • Receive 12 damage per turn,

After sonya attack , only share damage was removed from enemies, the other two were left.

I hope I am now explicit , this may be normal, I just need to know .

Ah. Those other effects are what the game calls “status ailments” (and we all call “debuffs”), not “buffs”. Sonya does not remove those, no. Just buffs.

… and with that information, I see that EvilSmoothie already gave you the answer, and you missed it by not having the same idea of what is a “buff”:

Okay , thanks , I figured it out just now pondering on it, this ultimately means Wilbur 's special skill is not so special after all, all you need is Sonya , Belith, Melendor and other buffs dispeling heroes against or on its side and it is a total disadvantage .

So who’s better then gormek Colen or wilbur?

I guess, it all depends on usage and your style of play.