[SOLVED - v35] Rounding error with kageburado special

Earlier I used a kageburado special against a Richard in a raid. Richard has 667 / 1332 health. Kageburado’s special skill clearly hit for the 250% damage value, rather than the 450% against heroes with greater than 50% health.

666 would have been 50% health, therefore the expectation is that 667 would be >50% health.

I suspect the code is rounding or truncating 667/1332 to 50% before comparing the value.

It would be more precise to do (pseudo code)

If (target.currentHealth * 2 > target.maxHealth){
specialAttackStrength = 450%
}

This would prevent the need to round at all.

Thanks

2 Likes

I can confirm this, it happened to my twice in last two months (± 1000 raids with Kage). But never got the time to actually post it here, so I just started rounding it the same way :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This has been reported previously but topic was closed without any feedback from the developers. See below link:

I encountered same issue just now, enemy Neith had 713/1425 health remaining so I expected Kage to kill her but he only did half damage. Obviously no screenshot is available as I did not anticipate this outcome

Hi,
Im pretty sure there is a bug in Kages extra damage when target health is over 50%. I just had a raid against BK tank, and BK had 851/1699 hp left (over 50%), but Kage hit only 294 damage to him. 851/1699 is close 0,500883 but it is still error because hp>50%.

BK after Kages hit.

1 Like

This will not be a satisfactory answer, and I can’t even tell you for sure if it’s correct, but my guess is it’s a rounding issue. Maybe needs to round to 51% to work as expected?

1 Like

This is quite possible. I’ve been a Kageburado owner for a long time now and I’ve noticed that every once in a while he will strike for weak damage when the target HP is above half. It only happens when the HP is around 50%, though, so your explanation might be it. I haven’t ever looked into it before.

1 Like

I confirm the anomaly … it has been happening ever since I took kageburado … almost 2 years now … when you hit an enemy with slightly more than 50% life … most of the time it does no damage … ie it causes little damage like if it had less than 50% life

1 Like

It was discussed few times already, but no Devs answered to such topics. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for repIies. I figured someone must have noticed this before.
It is most likely related to rounding. It should still be fixed.

1 Like

Admittedly, I never noticed this since most enemy heroes hit by this hero usually dies as he is comboed by my Guardian Panther and/or Tiburtus with maxed costume bonus. As a Kageburado owner, I am very much interested on what the Small Giant staff has to say on this.

@Jenky @J.o @Na.na @ScottySG @Caio @davidsgg @Sara @mhalttu @EmpiresPuzzles @RubiKinga

P.S.: Sorry, Petri. The forum can only allow me to post with a max of 10 persons to be mentioned.

EDIT: Flagged my own post. If this doesn’t get their attention, I don’t know what will. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Thank you for the report. You are correct, and we’ll fix this for Version 35.

11 Likes

Holy crap, that’s a gold mine of @‘s for me to potentially annoy some day! Who knew my baseless speculation above would result in such a treasure trove?! :joy:

4 Likes

Lol.

Well, it took @Xakary one year to have this matter finally acknowledged, he being the first to post his observations on Kageburado. Thanks to those others who have noticed this issue, too.

@gregschen

I hope Small Giant and their staff won’t punish me for those @s by giving me purely Dawas everytime I summon from any portal for the year 2021 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Reminder: Please note that excessive tagging or abusing the flagging function is not allowed.

5 Likes

Yes, Petri. If it happens, please blame @gregschen :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

lmao! Sorry Petri! I was 100% joking. But I realize it could give others ideas…

4 Likes

Marking as solved per V35 update:

1 Like

however gurnovor the error of kage continues … most of the time at the life limit with hp just over 50% kage does almost always less damage …