[Solved - V33 Update] Reflect buffs can only be bypassed by Ranger Talent, Ninja troops, etc. IF there's another defensive buff casted on top of it

Other then defensive buffs, also depends on what does the term ‘negative’
mean in their words. To be able to bypass effects against your side, that’s quite a negative effect against you. It has already been stated on the card that mitsuko reflects all negative effects, so cobalt should never even touch her under a shield in the first place. I might be wrong, but mitsuko’s shield negates dispell too, so why not bypass?

3 Likes

I have seen several threads expressing confusion on what it means to bypass a defensive buff, but the fact remains that it is incredibly opaque to determine what a “defensive buff” is (for example, wrt Cobalt’s special attack) from the wording in-game alone.

I assumed there was a bug when heroes with Kadilen’s costume buff on them dodged my Cobalt’s 100% chance to ignore defensive buffs. It turns out that “defensive” apparently means “affecting the defense stat, or dealing with damage reflection,” which is not an intuitive wording. My understanding of “defensive” aligns with the dictionary definition “devoted to resisting or preventing aggression or attack,” which a dodge buff certainly does (“preventing…attack”).

If the wording is poor enough to cause this sort of confusion, and repeated threads about it, then it stands to reason that the wording ought to be changed for clarity.

2 Likes

I favor changing the skill to mean any buff. I don’t see why dodge should work, but reflect doesn’t.

1 Like

Can we get a developer response for this @Guvnor ?

For those who are unaware, I was pretty excited to try my new Mitsuko in war today facing Finley and Cobalt. Feeling very confident when Cobalt fired, only to see that he bypassed my Mitsuko’s buff.

Mitsuko’s buff is not a counterattack, and I play with Elena and Sif all the time. They are completely different. It is a reflect. Cobalt shouldn’t have been able to by pass everything and do any damage. The card reads, bypasses defensive (say Guardian Kong, JF buff or any other + defense buff) and Counterattacks.

It DOES NOT MENTION REFLECTS!

I feel at this stage, my rings on Mitsuko have been wasted since both Finley and Cobalt which are very much common at the stage we are warring, are so strong and Mitsuko doesn’t do a damn thing against them when she is supposed to.

Thank you for putting it beautifully. I do not see how difficult it is to clarify it in game. After all it is just a text string that needs to be changed, the developers already nerfed Mitsuko at backend, why hide it at the front end…

Should we check forum all the time to see whether what we are going to do are correct or not…