[Solved - V33 Update] Reflect buffs can only be bypassed by Ranger Talent, Ninja troops, etc. IF there's another defensive buff casted on top of it

OK based on all the examples shown in this thread (plus ones on Line) I am starting to believe that the list of buffs which result in the processing of the Bypass Ability/ Talent/ Troop is very short…

Specifically, my hypothesis is that only the following buffs are classed as “defensive buffs” (ones which will cause the Bypass Ability to process):

1. Buffs to the Defence stat (e.g. vivica, Magni, elemental link for Attack & Defence buff etc…)

2. Buffs to the Elemental Defence (e.g. Guardian Kong or Jean-Francois)

3. Buffs to Special Skill Defence (E.g. Kadilen or Zulag)

4. Counterattack (cause it’s specifically listed)

That’s it…

I think it is taking the wording extremely literally…

So hypothesis:

“Defensive Buffs” = “Buffs which boost the Defence Stat in the Damage Calculation”
+ Counter Attack buff…

Then per the previous hypothesis, when the Ranger, Cobalt or Ninja Troop “Bypass” process as “positive” (or true), it then bypasses EVERYTHING… All buffs, not just the “defensive ones”. Which, based on Kira’s earlier response, is not working as intended…?

It should only bypass the “defensive buffs & counterattack” (i.e. any which could have triggered the bypass ability in the first place).

@KiraSG / @Petri can you confirm?

Sanity check @DaveCozy, @Aquaginera_7DD, @Rfm?

4 Likes