[SOLVED - V28 Update] Hansel & Gretel’s Special Skills Cause Seshat to Take Damage Every Turn Once at Full Mana, and Never Fire

I think Merlin doesn’t work, because she wll hit herself (or her allies, if any) and mana will be used as it is not a mana reduction effect, just a change in her special.

Edit: interesting though, wonder if it intended.

3 Likes

This is very cool and I hope this is intended… even if my Seshat would suffer… cool effect

I’ll see if I can find some Seshat defense teams to raid against

1 Like

Did not mean to cause a ruckus but glad you guys validated my claim cause the other dude made me feel stupid tbh…:rofl::rofl::rofl: Also what’s more surprising is that it took this long for me to have a situation where this happened. I rarely before faced teams that had blue tanks and seshat flank.

2 Likes

Good exploit to explore against Seshat for now, but I still think she should have fired at 100% mana if the innate resistance is working.

1 Like

Seen this question posited a couple times (just picking on @Dwimmerlaik for the quote :laughing:)

Any hero with full mana and under Hansel’s special will not fire. Typically, the hero will take 21% damage and lose 50% mana when:

1. Their mana is full, and
  2. They’re under Hansels special

No one but the hero gets hurt as they’re effectively hitting themselves. Since Seshat resists mana reduction, she cancels out that part of Hansel’s special and stays at full mana.

Really amazing interaction! Not sure the devs intended this to work like this, but the way the heroes specials work it does make sense.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve just done a handful of raids with Hansel against Seshat, and it does happen, every time. Here’s the sequence of events:

Hansel fires
Seshat gets full mana while his special is in effect
Seshat takes damage
Seshat resists the mana reduction due to her natural immunity, so she remains at full mana
Next turn, if Hansel’s special is still in effect, Seshat takes damage again.
Again she resists the mana reduction, and remains at full mana.
Continue until Hansel’s special wears off.

Going to see if Gretel does the same thing. If it’s working as intended, she should.

5 Likes

Can confirm, Gretel does the exact same thing.

5 Likes

Thanks! I updated the thread title.

4 Likes

There’s an issue with Seshat and Hansel.
Seshat’s mana is not reduced because it’s innate ability. I’ve screen capture video too of the whole process

Sounds like working as intended, and a downside to mana always being full while under Witch Killer. It’s only 3 turns.

Have someone submitted a ticket to ask whether this is a bug or intended?

Z has brought this thread to Staff attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update on this? I just discovered it for the first time today.

It is intended behavior.

Not sure there actually has been confirmation from SGG about this; unless you have a source?

I thought one of the staff had replied in this thread, but I don’t see it, so I probably got this one mixed up with another. That’s what 3:30 am does. :wink:

1 Like

Seshat’s special was investigated here and we agreed that this is not intended behavior. We’ll fix this bug in the next update (version 28)!

7 Likes

Thanks, @Petri. That’s good to know

2 Likes

I just experienced the same behavior with Hansels special on a cleric (mad Hatter) when they triggered their mana shield talent.

@Petri
How will it be fixed? Resistance against the ailment at all or mana reduction over resistance?

1 Like