[SOLVED] Reduced loot on titans since 1st March issue

Dear Alaska_Country, with this message you just want to make all the players sit still and beat their Titan. You know, it would be better if you offered to prohibit hiring at all, so that such a practice does not exist at all. In general, if you do not accept the idea of walking on rare titans and somehow align the cost-reward ratio, it does not mean that everyone should move at your direction. And in general, even with this patch, we, mercs, will still find the opportunity to get the maximum benefit from the game, and you can not do anything with it!

This was not mentioned in any release notes, and the devs are usually good about letting us know there have been changes. We really need an answer here @Petri. Is this an actual change, or a bug? If it is an actual change, it doesn’t just affect mercs, which would be bad enough. It affects anyone who changes alliances. However, if it’s a bug, I’m confident it will be corrected. In the meantime, can we please keep the negativity down and wait for an answer.

4 Likes

Hi, we are currently looking into this and get back to you soon for more information!

6 Likes

Thank you for your quick response

Here are my two Cents…this mechanism was implemented to avoid that most of the players just travel arround and farm Titan loots. Mercs had a big effort as those loots are way better than most of the others, hence their accounts getting huge much faster than of players staying in an alliance.
The alliance principle is an essensial part of the game and was capitalizes by mercs.
I am happy that SG decided to stop that. Unfortunately many Players (oviously mercs) saying that mercs do just help alliances but from my point of view this is a lie…why I can say this, is quite simple.
I play for nearly 1,5 years and had my own alliance for almost a year. What I have learned is that not a single merc that came to us:

1. said that she/he is a merc
  2. said that she/he just want to kill the Titan
  3. never asked if we need help or not

What happened is quite simple…merc fought Titan and in many cases lowered the rank of the other members so that they got worse loot. Escpecially in cases were we would have killed the Titan easily on our own made us really angry!

So please @Petri Keep it as it is now!

THX

1 Like

You can only get loot once a day, you don’t grow faster, due to the rarity of people asking for help on 12* titans most are slowing down their average drop.

As for the comment about mercs joining, i think its very unlikely that someone in your alliance wasn’t posting asking for help somewhere

If you are a merc, you can kill a nearly dead Titan in one alliance, get loot, leave, find another alliance with Titan close to death, and so on. Why do you think you can get Titan loots only once a day? Even your chest fills with each titan you’ve killed. no restrictions here.

I have Merced many times. I only go where requested and always ask if they want help. I have not once received a 4* ascension item from mercing. I’m sorry you had a bad experience with mercs, but don’t let that make you think all mercs are bad.

2 Likes

The current system before this change allowed mercs to get one loot every 20hrs, effectively limiting people to once a day. And Titan chest freezes for 12hrs every time you leave an alliance so that bit isn’t true either

1 Like

Then you are maybe an exception…I did not make just one bad experience. I faced many, many mercs joining my alliance and in no Invitation request, they said why they wanted to join my alliance…this stopped when Titan loot/box was nerfed.
Don’t get me wrong…if some players like to help others to kill their Titans it is ok for me as long they talk honestly about it or were called through recruiting channels but with my quite long experiance I just can say, that this was not the case in the past. Mercs just came, farm their loots and were gone with the wind…

The loot is reduced and you get no ascension mats from r any Titans killed after the first in 20 hours. So the loot you get on subsequent kills is like farming. Most mercs I know do it because they like meeting and helping new people

So what loot are you talking about? Titan chest or Titan kill loot?

OH BTW: happy cake day!

That is it what is now but when this was not the case in the past things were different with mercs…this I wanted to express in my first post.

This thread is about the change that happened at some point in the last 24 hrs that forces anyone that joined an alliance after the titan appeared to get “reduced loot” which cuts the loot tier in half and places other restrictions on what can be received.

I regret to inform you that you’re fully mistaken with this:
" Mercs had a big effort as those loots are way better than most of the others, hence their accounts getting huge much faster than of players staying in an alliance."
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that you have never Merc’d before or you would know that Merc’s deal with:

A: The loot is reduced to half the loot tier it would be if it’s been less than 20 hours since their last Titan was defeated
B: Even if the 20 hour timer had past, they then have the same odds as any other player to get “good” loot, aka ascension items
C: While in an alliance, there is a 23 hour timeframe between Titans, while if a full-time Merc hopped around and timed it perfectly, the best he/she could do is a Titan every 20 hours, which would amount to just over 1 Titan more defeated than a player staying in an alliance (7.3 per week vs 8.4 per week). This would only be possible under exact perfect timing, mind you.

And if you recruit a Merc by asking for help with a Titan, you can not complain about them joining your alliance. They wouldn’t even know what Titan you had to come to your alliance to start with unless you or someone in your alliance asked for a Merc to begin with. You control who joins your alliance, so you can only blame yourself for who comes and goes within it. smh

1 Like

I hop between 2 alliances with my big account to help and can live with reduced loot tiers and blocked Titan boxes…I just don’t care because I want to help and not the loot.
For me this is a honorary office where you don’t get anything back but gratefulness…
So a typical mercs now claim that they did not get their guerdon…

I really wish players/people would educate themselves on the mechanics and limits the game already has before commenting on topics concerning them. It would make things much easier to diiscuss…

3 Likes

I’m not in an alliance because I can’t commit to being able to get in the required titan and war hits, instead i get on when i can and will find an alliance to hit a titan why shouldn’t I be allowed to get a reward for playing the game in this way

3 Likes

I agree @Balmung. No one cares about what someone thought or felt concerning an issue that was addressed by SG 18 months ago or more. That’s not what this topic is about. This is a real glitch or issue that has occurred within the last 36+/- hours.
We don’t need rants about Merc’s in general in this discussion so please don’t post those comments here, @Sorcha. Thank you.

Edit: It was Version 1.12 update that it was addressed, May, 2018, so 10 months ago, not 18, sorry.

1 Like

I’ve changed alliance, in new alliance killed the titan and received reduced loot. Previous titan was killed more than 30 hours ago. What’s wrong with my loot? A lot of people have same problem.

3 Likes