[SOLVED] Possibility to replay Morlovia and reearn the rewards

Moderator Note (another)

I highly highly highly recommend against anyone exploring this bug… Even once for curiousity sake…

Sgg can (and have historically) been indiscriminate in disciplinary action for bug exploits. In their other game, Puzzle combat, disciplinary action was handed out to those who used an exploit a lot and also to those who were simply curious about it and did it once or twice…

So yeah, highly recommend that you don’t partake in this exploit.

39 Likes

@Vixx @Lexxtarc
How can they possibly roll it back tho. Those players who abused this exploit probably have already used those ascension mats and EHTs. And from what I’m hearing, the exploit has been around forever. I don’t see how they can go back and roll everything back. The only way would be to ban those players but that would also make a mess. SG really is at fault for allowing this to occur. This makes honest players who have spent money on the game look really stupid, especially those who have spent money buying EHTs or ascension mats.

12 Likes

I preferred the uncensored version :sweat_smile:

20beards

1 Like

Me too! But freedom of speech is censored.

4 Likes

This.

Multiple game Devs have had to deal with this in the past. Multiple game Devs will have to deal with this in the future.

The bug bounty program helps catch it early since remediation can be a pain in the keister the longer a security vulnerability is in the wild.

I have heard rumors of several vulnerabilities with Empires, but one security update that remediation actually made the game perform worse for all players until SGG fine tuned it.

1 Like

Hard Currency cards

It’s actually aimed at professionals.

So even though I understand a lot of the form, some entry boxes are in ( as a former English tutor ) I really hope is industry jargon.

Just to cover all bases, you could contact support

(How to Contact Support (Version 31 Onwards))

SecSystem, er, Forum trust level 4

In the future, I would just flag my own post

(How to help our volunteer moderators)

But with 2x volunteer moderators on this topic, I think they know.

“Mods are paid in praise, and taxed in grief. The pay is too low and the taxes too high”

8 Likes

Sorry I forgot to mention, the exploit only works on the NES port of this game. If you are one of the few people who managed to get a cartridge copy of this game (rumour has it that the print run is lower than that of Panzer Dragoon RPG) and have a working NES to boot you are in luck!

1 Like

There is still no fix for the exploit. What a poor performance on the part of SGG. That really puts me off.

Remember it was around 10pm Saturday night in Finland when the bug was reported.

6 Likes

Sure, but such a dramatic case requires every effort to be made. It has the potential to break the game entirely.

1 Like

Oh geez…

I haven’t even finished them yet, because I figured I had plenty of time.

Now I’m afraid to finish them, because what if I accidentally click on the same one again and end up losing my account as a result? Two years of work down the drain? :confounded:

Anyone who exploits this on purpose should of course lose all of their newest obtained goodies, though.

3 Likes

Just want to set the right expectation —

When these types of things come in, you have to remember you’re essentially in a sealed environment. Every keystroke or touchpoint creates data…

Fixes take time — but this isn’t the type of thing where you push out a quick patch… as it’s essentially just pixels moving around.

They can just as easily be removed as acquired. I wouldn’t expect much quickly — Assuming it’s a p0 or P1 issue; not a stumble upon type bug, highest priority … will be replicated, tested, regression tested, patch pushed, etc…

@Guvnor had the best advice — go through the Event like you normally would; but do not poke around trying to recreate something novel…

5 Likes

According to the video it’s extremely hard to accidentally exploit this. If you have no intentions to cheat then you’re completely safe to finish it.

6 Likes

I’m sure they can fix it and see who exploited it and ban every account during normal office hours.

It’s an unintentional exploit which is you knowingly do. So it’s cheating and full retrospective bans should be made.

3 Likes

Okay, cool. Didn’t watch the video.

As much as I’d like to have more loot, I don’t like exploiting loopholes to get it. I consider that a last resort. I won’t even cup drop in raids anymore. Even though all of my opponents are 1000x stronger than me, and I’m lucky to win 1/3 of my raids… I still get more personal satisfaction from beating a stronger opponent than I do from beating up on little guys.

EDIT: I will admit, I have used certain “advantages” in other games in the past. Especially if it’s a single player game where it doesn’t really matter.

But when it comes to a multiplayer game where we’re allegedly supposed to be competing against each other on level playing ground… LOL okay maybe that ship has already sailed long ago… but I’m not going to take advantage of obvious exploits to get myself a thousand free EHTs just to catch up to people who can afford to buy that many summons.

The only “exploits” I’ve ever used in multiplayer games were using certain skill combinations that allowed me to solo kill big bosses for great loot. But that was only possible because the skills themselves were a bit on the unbalanced side… not the same as exploiting a blatantly broken game mechanic.

3 Likes

Wow - kinda wish I could unsee this thread (as now I feel even more foolish about the amount of money I throw at this game, and I didn’t think that was possible). I don’t care as much about punishing the exploiters but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

I think my credit card just spontaneously combusted.

4 Likes

It ain’t this …

Saw the video too

If legit 1) it’s very niche 2) its clear what’s happening and why 3) it would be incredibly stupid to use…

It’s about as subtle as walking into a store wearing only a glow stick and wondering why people are staring

Ive done a lot of work in regulated industries (some connected to gaming) — 1) it really is routine - don’t blame them one bit 2) they’ll handle it… the person who picks the shade of Wu’s fur and decides how often he misses is not the person that hardens security protocols…3) it wont impact 99.999% of people flipping tiles; but will ultimately lead to an improvement

Finding these things are how we evolve, and why we have good security for things like banking apps … as well as things like anti virus software and OS updates

4 Likes

Bug does exist. I did my best when I heard it to get @mhalttu know it and other sgg.

1 Like

so there is a video ? and released date of it? man this is not acceptable how is it still a thing

1 Like

Yes it was and still it works

1 Like

Cookie Settings