[SOLVED] Leonidas killing himself (negative healing)

When he attacks, he heals 75% of damage dealt, if he misses, no damage done, so he can’t heal himself. So under critical damage he won’t heal with misses.

I don’t feel there is any true explanation for this behavior outside of a bug

But what do i know

3 Likes

Minus 1818 healing, that bug is funny :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think you understand the issue, so your comments aren’t really helping anything. Let me try to explain it for you:

Look at the screenshot from the first post.

Look at the card for Leonidas at the bottom. There is a -1818 on him in green text. This means that due to the missed special attack, he healed for a negative amount, and the fact that that happened resulted in him dying. The expected result is that he would heal for 0.

My guess is that the code calculates the damage before determining whether or not he hits, so he would have healed for 1818 if he had hit with the attack buff from Ranvir and the defense debuffs on the titan. It looks like the code is negating the heal value on a miss instead of zeroing it out.

7 Likes

This is definitely a bug.

20 bugged Leonidas / Ranvir.

Edit. Do you have Elkanen? I wonder if he or any other self healing heroes hurt themselves with that bug too.

3 Likes

It’s a more like a bug then.

3 Likes

Super dumb question and somewhat off topic - how do you folks manage screen shots like that? Are you just incredibly fast at taking screen shots? Because how would you know you needed the screen shot until after the action has already happened? I know this sounds dumb, but I’m trying to learn!!

1 Like

We record our battles. we can then go back and screen shot things that don’t look right or that we want to show.

3 Likes

hahahaha awesome bug!

I mean, too bad.

Definitely need to open a support case on this, stat!

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@ylx514

2 Likes

That’s a real odd one. Feel free to raid me until it’s fixed :crazy_face:

1 Like

I tried testing this with Wu Kong on 8-7, and couldn’t reproduce there.

But since it clearly happened to you, I’m gonna say that this bug only occurs with:
a) Ranvir and not Wu Kong, or
b) only against titans

Hopefully that information helps the developer who investigates this.

1 Like

FWIW, the OP’s post had several debuffs (blind, def down, holy def down) and a buff (shared damage) on the titan, and Leo also had both Wilbur’s and Ranvir’s buffs up. But I’m also going to guess that the offending code is unique to Ranvir, since it has the added health condition in addition to the different blind and attack percentages.

The good news is that @ylx514 said it’s reproducible.

It would be great if he could record this happening, as that might go further at getting attention from SG.

2 Likes

I have a video but can’t transfer it to them in any way

If there’s any way for you to upload it to a site like Dropbox, I can help you get it posted here.

Definitely looks like a bug. Interesting. My purple titan team also includes Leonidas and I’ve never noticed that happening. It might be Ranvir specific, because I use Wu Kong…?

The bug is not specific to Ranvir or Leonidas.

I came across a version of this bug near the end of September in which during Titan hits against red titans in which two of my guys were being instantly KO’d in the middle of tile combos with no explanation. It took me awhile to be able to get the issue on video as I had to wait for the next Red Titan (which by Sods Law meant they went on holiday once I needed to find one).

Essentially it seems that when Aegir’s healing buff was active and really high tile damage was being registered the healing from damage was going negative. In my pictured example Miki and Triton were KO’d by -2031 and -2108 healing respectively.

What has bugged me though was why did Miki and Triton get KO’d but the other three didn’t? The only thing I could think of was that Miki and Triton were the only two with Mana troops, the rest had Critical Troops and whilst nobody else had seemed to have posted the bug yet at the time I hoped to find another Red Titan to test the theory but alas they’ve gone walkabout.

Mana Troops and their Healing Modifier

So I’ve yet to be able to test whether the +healing modifier that Mana troops have may be bugged when large amounts of healing is input. Whether this is the root of the cause to this particular bug or not I do think there may be an issue with the healing modifier as from what I can tell the expectations from the developer as to how good the +healing and -healing conditions do not seem to meet the in game performance. I’ve posted previously that in the class tree despite the Healing Bonus node being set the same cost as Mana Bonus, Critical Bonus and Stat Multiplication bonuses it increases the amount of healing you get in most cases than the cheaper +Health node (link here: Emblem Critical / Mana understanding - #5 by MysterySpin), when you factor in the higher initial health and additional healing resulting from having more health that Critical Troops give heroes that given how +healing currently works it isn’t until you’ve healed 5 or more times by a hero that heals by a certain percent that a hero with a Mana Troop will have a health advantage over a Critical troop (without factoring in the Critical troop also has more defence) and the developers seem to be overrating how good they think heroes with -healing% or +healing% modifiers are in comparison to the community’s reception of such heroes. So even if the bug proves not to be related to the +healing modifier of mana troops I do think it is worth looking at the issue of whether the performance of the healing modifer buffs and status effects are what the developers intended.

9 Likes

Thank you all for your reports!

We were able to reproduce the bug and indeed it seems to happen only for very big numbers and in certain conditions.
Our developers are looking into it and it should be fixed soon.

8 Likes

This issue should be fixed now in the version 24.1.0. I’ll mark the topic as solved.

6 Likes