[SOLVED] Enemy Death Animation Issues (V43)

I think there is notable difference in v43 with the “mini chest” occurring on stage (and then flying to top corner) after a monster has died and vanished. Feels very much obtrusive, somehow “not fluid”. Interrupts playing, etc. Anyone else noticing this?

Yes - I feel the same way.

Animation does not look very fluid and I always fear that my game may freeze any time. :sweat_smile:

I really really really hope that this is not intentional to make auto-play slower. Very bad looking and feeling change in any case.

Thanks for the reports, we’ll investigate this issue here!

7 Likes

oh good. someone else pointed this out. Was curious why the enemies had a weird boss death animation. Doing an elite stage, the elite enemies are also dying like how the two starter dragons in S1 Province 1 and 2.

That’s what I noticed as well. Monsters just exploding like how bosses explode. That visual assault caught me by surprise and I was there wondering if it had always been like this before

1 Like

After some more playing I hope that I can express my worries better.

First of all there seems to be multiple threads about the death animations and sounds having changed (bugs or intentional but un-announced). I have not noticed (sounds off always), and I have no opinion on this.

My point was: Previously the loot accumulation did not draw attention to itself. Yes, there were flying mini chests and the “loot counter” in the upper left corner. But all this happened simultaneously with the fighting, and it was easy to focus on important things. Now it seems that after the monster has fully vanished, there may be (“may”, as not all dying monsters contribute to the loot accumulation) an additional stage in the animation, where the mini chests occur on the stage and then fly to the corner. I strongly feel that each and every time this happens it abruptly interrupts the game play flow. And the randomness does not help, but instead feels buggy.

So probably I have not noticed any bug per se, but I just feel against the change made. I find that highlighting the loot accumulation during the stage play brings no value, but instead breaks the flow and makes playing feel less fluid.

(I also would rather see improvements in auto play (2x speed, anyone?), than things that further slow it down, but that is completely an another matter.)

So sorry about “bug report”, than you for still paying attention, and hopefully my opinion is still heard.

Season 1 9 4 … death animation plays twice.

Thank you for the reports. I’ve merged these two topics including reports of issues with enemy death animations since the latest update (Version 43). We have identified the bugs and hope to fix them soon. I’ll mark this as a known issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This issue has been fixed in version 44. I’ll mark the topic as solved.

1 Like