[SOLVED] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

And just like that, this entire thread makes sense lol. All summed up with 1 word.

1 Like

*laziness

Because I’m that person.

4 Likes

She wouldn’t know how to spell it either without her iphone

1 Like

Good thing there are emojis for the things I can’t spell. It’s like reading adult themed picture books.

4 Likes

Surely it can’t be that hard to spell words that are 4 letters or less lol

3 Likes

I have noticed the same issue. Very annoying. Auto-punctuation is also not functioning

You and me both @Ryan1, the recent update caused the issue. I imagine they are working on a fix but I don’t know if it’s a priority at this time.

My fat thumbs on this little phone keyboard constantly hit the wrong keys. I’m sounding like an blind 3rd grade drop out in alliance chat now.

2 Likes

You haven’t met my thumb @Rigs, it has a hard time spelling my name, let alone giving direction during AW :wink:

1 Like

You may have given me an out for alliance chat @Math4lyfe!! I’ll speak in emoji!! It’s Brilliant. Plus it’ll be fun to try to figure out what I’m saying in the middle of war :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

So…known issue, we’re looking into it, and now…wait for it…crickets. Seriously?

Do these guys get what communication is? Takes all of a minute to say something like “We’re still looking at this and hope to have a patch available in x days”.

I have IPhone 6+ and after the last upgrade I don’t have the word replacement and capital letters after full stop.

We are still investigating the issue here, my apologies for the inconvenience!

9 Likes

That is same as mine chat will freeze and have to clear out of the game to reset it and the fact autocorrect is on the fritz

1 Like

Got an update today, but no joy on the texting issue.

Any updates @Petri? The Autocorrect issue was funny for a bit. But now is annoying. Can a patch be forced or will another update be needed?

He gave an update 12 hrs ago. Non-critical issues (Yeah, this is annoying but we can still play) take more than a few hours to fix. They have to be researched, coding needs to be put in place, the changes tested, and then it can be released (assuming the first changes work).

It’s not fun and highly annoying. I know my alliance mates will be the first to send thank-you gifts once it’s fixed. :laughing: Give the devs some time to work through the process, though… they’ll get there. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The problem persists after installing update 24.1, it did not correct the self-correction and the predictive text. This on an iPhone SE and an iPhone X.

The fix for this issue was not listed as part of the release notes. It appears the release from today was already planned, tested and ready to go. They’re likely still working on this issue.

4 Likes

coding changes of this nature aren’t normally that hard. They had it right before. They probably accidentally deleted some of the coding when creating the new release and just need to add a few lines back in. The only reason it would be hard is if they overwrote it, without saving the original version.

I didn’t say it was a hard change, just that they likely had the latest release already set and didn’t change it. From what I understand, releases have to be sent to Apple, etc in advance of the actual release date. This might only apply to the monthly updates - not sure but I doubt it.

Regardless, they still have to figure out why it’s not working, apply a fix and test it before releasing. This can take more than a few hours. Have patience and let them work.

3 Likes