[SOLVED] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

Just FYI … most of the long term players I know are here because of the community we are a part of, as much as the game. If we can’t chat properly with our friends, that is a SERIOUS problem. And best I can tell, it is affecting all players using iOS, not a small subset.

I can easily understand how you could be developing the game using a toolkit/development environment from a 3rd party which is the source of this problem … but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, lean on them to fix this promptly!

9 Likes

That’s one of their stock/standard responses to any problem. Their main worry seems to be that we might expect some sort of compensation for whatever problem we bring to their attention. Whether it’'s connection problems, game crashes, missing/non-working functionality, it’s never a problem on their end.

1 Like

Don’t want any compensation, just prefer not to sound like a blithering idiot when I’m trying to communicate during AW.
We use LINE for most of our communication, if someone wants us to look at their roster. But we really need this chat problem fixed sooner rather than later.
I understand it in no way impede’s their cash flow, which is why it’s not a priority.

2 Likes

When I type and the chat box the auto capitalization no longer functions. Not that big a deal. But still kind of annoying. But the harder part is when typing if I want to go back and edit the cursor will not move to anywhere other than the very beginning or the very end. And it is such a small dialog box that if I do make a grievous error I have to start all over. Can you help fix?

Check this thread regarding the autocorrect & capitalisation.

As for the cursor, I’m not sure how it works on iOS, but on Android you can select different points in the text. You just have to tap in the box to bring up the keyboard view. Then tap where you want the cursor (slide the text across if you need to go forward/back)

[SOLVED] Autocorrect & Autocapitalization no longer working in Chat iOS update 24.0 (Fixed in v25.1.2)

1 Like

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

Hey @Dandcoug, I wrote a reply that addresses this further up in the post, hope it helps.

1 Like

After another update on the game today - autocorrect is still not working. The empires Facebook community have stated that they have recently submitted a ticket about this issue and the reply from sg is that they are not aware that is is an issue. Not sure what else we can do except to keep posting and submitting complaints.

They don’t care about your feelings, they care about your money. They are so busy with costumes, Alchemy lab, path of Valor, new super HotM …, so stop complaining and donate your money :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can bet by your name @Poor, that you have ALL the best Hero’s? :joy:

1 Like

Yup…second update since the autocorrect went down and still no fix. Ugh.

This was a minor update to help out with costumes. I would anticipate a fix for the text to be in a major update, but I don’t work for SG so maybe I’m wrong. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s easy to fix by using Line or Discord. I look/ sound much smarter in our LINE group, can even spell words like Lugubrious and exponentially…which just isn’t going to happen in the Game chat. So I stick to small words like “and, the, man, run, up, hill” and it seems to work. Although everyone thinks I’m a caveman now

3 Likes

Pretty sad that SG still hasn’t fixed this problem…let their market go down and you would have 72 team members, technicians, developers and anyone else they can find fixing the issue. An issue that improves quality of life for the players but doesn’t make SG any money directly and they could care less…real classy SG/Zynga…

1 Like

I bet feelings are actually the most profitable data. They drive behavior for in-game purchases, and analyzing this behavior provides insights into for what to include in offers to generate the highest profit. Behaviors also give an indication of the minimal quality required so target profits aren’t impacted.

For players that will do event summons until they have all the new 5* heroes and any legendary summons necessary until they get the HOTM, and purchase ascension packs until they get 1 or more 4* ascension items, etc., their previous behavior indicates SG doesn’t have to worry much about how many summons/other purchases they’ll make til they have everything.

Some people will almost always buy the Fast Pass offers for loot tickets and world energy flasks.

Then for someone like me who can’t be spending too much money, but really wants some event hero or HOTM, they probably have a better idea than I do of how many summons I’ll attempt before I get the hero or give up. It’s unlikely I’ll end up summoning a hero I want, but I must get one often enough so that I feel like it’s worth the :money_with_wings: to keep summoning and maybe buy more gems later on.

The constant notifications to connect to Facebook and “like” them on Facebook - if you post on their Facebook page, the forum, or use the in-game chat, that gives them more text for sentiment analysis.

And game play hours despite the incredibly annoying keyboard issue? I doubt mine have changed. I doubt it’s affected how much I spend. Do I really care about the keyboard issue? I’m pretty annoyed that none of the updates since the one with the bug have fixed it. But all indications are despite the annoyance it causes, their resources are better invested elsewhere. So I may think I care, and a lot of other people probably do too, but from SG’s perspective, the data says the bug is not impacting whatever KPIs they use and will not be a risk to future revenue as new sources of revenue (aka features) are introduced. We haven’t cared enough for the bug to have been addressed in any recent updates, and probably not in any updates the near future.

Anyway, I think people’s feelings and the behaviors they lead to are really the driver for fixes and features that actually have to do with game play and experience. They probably invest more resources in processes on their servers to capture behaviors/feelings and gather insights on how to be more profitable. It would be interesting see their budget on game developers vs. data scientists.

In the past year, the game has barely changed. A Hunter’s Lodge - pretty much a forge with different items. Advanced buildings - pretty much just additional levels for buildings. Emblems are pretty much additional levels beyond fully leveled/ascended heroes with constraints based on class to create scarcity. Costumes are like new characters, also scarce, and require consumption of resources (including scarce 4* ascension items for anyone lucky enough to draw one for free or who spent enough to get 5* hero costumes). A couple other new buildings slowly rolled out, and new bugs have been introduced as features are added. Time and quality are sacrificed for reduced cost to SG because their current model is already very profitable, and the rate that actual game-play features are introduced apparently hasn’t impacted the behaviors of advanced players and isn’t relevant to new players who have a ways to go before they care much about those features.

Well written @BontukenBoy, I think you may find this a bit interesting.

Zynga Analytics at its Peak

1 Like

I’m very frustrated with the chat bug. It’s a major issue and needs to be corrected. You had good chat, issued an update with a bug, and now, despite several updates since, you haven’t fixed the problem. Garbage software eventually makes people leave the game. Fix this before you regret it, SG.

2 Likes

“Science” hahahaha :rofl:

When I saw the message in the game today that said an update had been released, I hoped it would include a fix for the chat bug. I went to update it, then realized it had already auto-updated overnight. Wasn’t surprised there was no fix. :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting read! Got me wondering if the bug is intentional to test tolerance on retention/revenue when something’s broken that doesn’t really impact core features and is mainly just an annoyance… :thinking:

1 Like