[SOLVED] 2019 HotM Elemental Defense Buff Not Stacking

The new hotm family bonus activated.
2+ heros from same family their elemental link activates for all allys.
To get details click on Margret card family bonus.
:blush:

1 Like

Yes, at the moment the Elemental Def links are not stacking and is probably a bug. Petri has replied that they are checking it

3 Likes

i think this link (+ 46% defense against x element) need to stack as it is completely different buff from each of the 5 HoTM (kunchen, frida, anzugh, Margaret and ranvir) unlike all other links

1 Like

Look at these pictures, when Kunchen and Anzogh activate the special they do not activate both color links, only the first one is activated and the second resets the cooldown.
Is that right? Is it a bug? Does anyone can explain it to me?

This is very confusing

see also

([SOLVED] 2019 HotM Elemental Defense Buff Not Stacking - #2 by Ruskin505)

and

([SOLVED] 2019 HotM Elemental Defense Buff Not Stacking - #7 by Gryphonknight)

and

(🤗 Hero of the Month Families)

FIN

1 Like

Tried several times working the board and can only get two element links to activate at a time. Have 4 heroes from 2020: JF, Zocc, Clarissa, Vela. When using all 4 specials I should have 4 element links for all heroes. Only two will activate at a time. Is this a bug or am I reading the family bonus wrong?

You are not reading the family bonus wrong. It is just that JF’s and Vela’s elemental link both affect crit chance, so they over write each others. And Zoc’s and Clarissa’s affect special defense, so they overwrite each others.

1 Like

They do not overwrite, the first you activate stays.

2 Likes

Zooc elemental link 1 turn left
Bay yeong activated and after that
Zooc still 1 turn left doesn’t overwrite, looks like error to me.

The elemental link is undispellable. Which means, it also can not be overwritten. The second instance just doesn’t apply at all UNLESS it is being reapplied by the same hero (as is with every other undispellable effect)

4 Likes

Appreciate the clarification👍

Didn’t look that close thanks!

Elemental link from HOTM families doesn’t replace the one active if there are the same or restart turns,
Ej. Malosi 2020 critical chance 6 turns
Grimble 2019 critical chance 6 turns
None will replace each other if one is active, but now my question is Noor, Zulag and Glenda will all put minions ?

Should be an error but is not fair putting minion is not being affected.

It is simply because the other elemental links cannot be dispelled where as Minions is different.

PS Noor has always shared her minions, and her elemental link is the only one there there that cannot be dispelled

See below

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/hotm-family-element-link-error/251515/5?u=ruskin505

2 Likes

Thanks, you are right.

That is Right! Thank you, I did not think about it.

1 Like

I’ve just found odd thing with new Legend families and if heroes with similar Element link are used. Could be UI issue + mechanics issue.

Preconditions:
You have team with at least 2 HoTM for ex., 2020 with similar Element link:

• Violet Clarissa with +30% defense again special skills
  • Blue Raffaele with +30% defense again special skills
  • Blue Glenda with summon Minion

Steps to reproduces:

1. Use Raffaelle skill → Blue element link is show for all heroes in the team for 4 turn
  2. Do a turn → Element link turn 3 left
  3. Use Clarissa skill :
    → Element link is shown as reloaded (animation run), but Element link label still had blue color (instead of violet)
    → turn left still 3 (instead of 4)
  4. If you use Glenda Minion will be created

To summasize, if HOTM with the same Element link are used, Element link will be not refreshed.

Have no heroes to chech:

What if we will use HOTM with different buffs (like for difense + 2 for attack / mana) used, will different Element link buffs changes each other or they will stack.

Links with similar effects do not stack/overwrite.

2 Likes