So this or layla?

Stacking is all about the tile damage. In that instance even Renfeld and Dawa can have a place (against titans). I think they are disparaged more for their weaker specials. Typically you would fairly quickly have 5 better heroes to work with though.

1 Like

@nevarmaor, that was my point. I don’t think he should really worry about spending time leveling some of the 3* if he has better options. If he doesn’t, well I used Renfeld for a bit, hated him but he would get the job done occasionally.

Edit: 3* ARE worth leveling while 1-2* are mostly food. If you are free to play (F2P) then 2* would be your best option. Keep Bane and concentrate on leveling him with matching 1-2* yellows (holy) heroes. You get a bonus using matching colors on hero leveling. Once you have fully leveled Bane move on to any other 3* you have.

**Don’t worry if your 3’s aren’t at 8/8 on their special. Once they are maxed you have a much better rate to max their special, up to 100% using 10 matching 1 heroes

1 Like

This would be a good opportunity to suggest and remind OP @Ajsaker to “not” become a member of the Honorary First Bane Feeders society.
In short… Don’t feed your first Bane, not until you have someone better at the Yellow. And even then, keep him on the roster if you have the space, he is a serviceable 3* yellow you can use for challenge events, wars, raid tourneys.

Looking back, Layla had been the longest standing 2* of any color on my active roster, simply because I was, and still am, playing for free, and back then I simply could not get any better Purple heroes to replace her, which, when it eventually happened, it reluctantly became Prisca, who took the longest standing 3* purple I used, because, you guessed it, I don’t have any other better Purple 3* or higher to come into my roster.

3 Likes

Fortunately I don’t need to choose what 3* hero to invest in any more… :joy:

1 Like

Yea I was in that position until I ended up with several Muggys. Soooo, worth the quick ascension :wink:

@SirGorash how many times did the protect skill kick in when you were facing Prisca?

As for the topic at hand, stack the two in defense. As for positioning, you normally want your character that is really high in defense to take point. And I would position Layla either mid left or mid right. Her in the very back is fine as well. I know it took me a very long time before I got a good 3 star purple so I invested in a full talent grid for Layla as well. Sithis buffs attack so stacking the purples is just fine. As Layla’s mana speed is fast so she will be able to cast her special quite often. And with buffed attack, she will do a lot more damage. As for her talent grid, I went defense.

1 Like

I’m playing Puzzle Combat, which is Empire and Puzzle’s sister game (release is limited right now). Everyone there started from scratch too, but many of us brought over our knowledge from Empires to that game.

What does this mean? I have recently gone through basically the same start you’re going through right now :smiley: So here’s my tips:

I disagree completely with ignoring 2*s, unless you’re planning on spending money on the initial offer the game gives you for starting to play. And TBH, the starting out offer is actually really nice.

If you’re not planning on spending money, then leveling up at least one 2* of each color is very helpful starting out. You will barely have enough food to level the 3*s, I know to many veteran players that sounds funny but the struggle is real when you start playing.

If you are going to spend money initially though (if only on the first offer), then save your gems on the elemental summon portals (one 300 gem pull for each color). Even at their base ascension with a few levels, the 3*s can get you through most of the initial provinces.

Regardless of whether you spend or not though, push your base to level 12 asap. At that point, you can level up your training camp to level 12, and research Rare guaranteed training. Level 13 is better though, because it gives you 3*s with a small chance of a 4* instead.

EDIT: Layla > Silthus imo, to answer your question :wink:

1 Like

@Shohoku79, @nevarmaor and @PapaHeavy, I was also F2P for a long time, and I am an unproud member of the First Banefeeders society.

Well, back then, a good friend of mine taught me how to better summon, and before I knew it, I had a complete rainbow 4* team , with no need to level any 2* further.

3 Likes

I am also part of the First Muggyfeeders Society, I did not even take a real look at his special until I saw a video of him working… guess what? Haven’t got him any more.

2 Likes

Oh man, that sucks!! Although had I not seen videos of muggy in action before pulling him I probably would have done the same. Thank GOD for this forum!!!

1 Like

these are the heros that I have chosen to play with. I managed to pull two trainers one for purple so I upgraded layla and one for red so I upgraded sharan. I have been focusing on using all my 1* to upgrade my heros according to color. Now let me get to the point.

1. Any suggestions on positioning for attack? understand that your strongest goes in the middle this being bane for now, but does it go to the left in strength then? I put the healer far right she still seems to get nailed a lot.
    Ragghnild or til for attack? And which for defences? What’s best positioning for defence?
    Could someone explain the slots according to what goes where?

Hi Ajsaker, may I suggest you to read these guides from Master List of E&P Links & Player Guides?

They are very helpful for every beginner and even for adept players :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would recommend to save your gems up to 300 and do an elemental summon. At your point of roster it does not really matter whom to chose. We could help here but to be honest it make no sense to feed anything to a 1 or 2 star hero. Do your daily summon, hope for a 3 star and summon better heroes with 300 gems elemental or if active 350 gems for Atlantis (better heroes here).

GOOD LUCK!!

1 Like

I also suggest you reading guide, and also focus on your 1 thread/topic, not spreading with the same/similar question thread/topic.

The guides will give you the best info. As for just good basics I’d recommend focusing on improving 3* heroes and above. Save Gems to try and do elemental summons as you can to get stronger heroes. And lastly if you are struggling to beat a certain instance or fight try color stacking against the weak color. (e.g. putting in two blue heroes against red instead of one blue)

And don’t rush the lvls in map, if you can’t get pass some lvl, drop your energy, where its safe win, but that’s probably are in guides as well

Hi @Ajsaker, and welcome to the forum. Since you have a cluster of questions all centered around your roster and different ways of using it, I’ve pulled the threads together. I think people can answer your questions collectively, rather than having paralell threads with very similar info.

1 Like

The positioning of the team matters in the sense that the AI fires off specials from left to right, so you would want your attack buffer (such as if using silthus) to be if the left-most position so he buffs the attacks of everyone else first.With your roster, there isn’t much difference in positioning other than having Bane in the center as he is the most sturdy.

The map progress will come as your 1* and 2* heroes are replaced with 3* and higher, so don’t worry too much about lack of progress there. Also, read the beginner guides to learn about banking recruits in your training camps, level 4 until you unlock level 11. By banking recruits, you can start cranking your training camps nonstop, which helps immensely for leveling your heroes.

How do I know what a buffer is

Buffers are heroes which buff an aspect of your team, such a silthus buffing attack or olaf buffing defense. There are also debuffers, which debuff an aspect of the opposing team, such as Ulmer giving opponents defense down.

When assembling your team order, only attack up buffer and defense down debuffers really matter (in very basic and simplified analysis) with the left/right ordering. That fact will change as you get better heroes with more varied specials, but at this point those are your major concern at the 2* heroes level.