So this or layla?

So I wanted to try and make a defense. Who’s better layla or sithus. Layla is max level but 1 for special power but sithus has higher health
Also I will attach a pic would someone please give suggestion as to positioni

ng and why

2 Likes

They both have their uses. Silthus buffs your whole teams damage by 48% for 4 turns. Layla is a sniper with damage over time 290% damage to one target with 78 additional damage over 6 turns. Imagine using Layla after Silthus’s buff? She’s going to hit 48% harder

3 Likes

hero roster doesnt show the correct position of heroes, if I am not mistaken? show screenshot in team edit view. put strongest hero in the middle, so move Bane to the middle and put Layla on his side. if you choose Silthus, then put him in the left most position so your heroes attacks are buffed on the same turn he uses his special.

1 Like

Does that mean that you use two of the same color

Would you use two of the same color then?

When I level up my hero does it take on the special skill of the one its leveled up with?

yes, you can use same colors as a strategy. Toril is your best tank. I’d level up all of them and use like this: Sharan, Layla, Toril, Bane, Ragnhild

There is a team strategy playing mono, so 5 of the same color.
But don’t bother too much with the 2* heroes, you will outgrow them very fast.
Check the forum for the guides that give you some idea about the game strategy and how to level your heroes: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/c/player-guides

2 Likes

I sometimes use 3 or more of the same color. it is color-stacking and is quite powerful.
when I was a beginner like you, I used to yellows - ditch Sharan, she will die too often. get Sha Ji and use him as your healer until you get Training Center level 13 and get those 3* healers.

1 Like

For a defense, you are generally better off with one of each color, except in special situations like the raid tournaments (for attacking, color stacking is very desirable, especially once you have a few heroes).

As others have said, don’t put too much effort into the two-star heroes, but as soon as you pull a three-star, concentrate on levelling him or her. Realistically, unless you are spending money, you are going to have one or two two-stars on your team for a while. (It took me forever to get a red 3-star, and was using green and blue 3-stars that most consider to be among the weakest, but they were all that I had…)

2 Likes

I know this is kind of hard to do, but, yes, forget about those 2* heroes.

For now focus on your Bane, he will do most of the job easily once maxed.

Try and complete as many missions as possible, from both the chests and from Stronghold (level up Warehouses, farms, mines, etc.) to get some extra gems.

If possible, get a VIP pass, it will give you 3 summons in a month, apart from missions and quests.

Once you get 300 gems, make an Elemental Summon, (never, ever spend your precious gems in Epic Summon, I wish I had known this from the beggining), and start building a nice rainbow team.

Before you noticem you will have a good base team.

Keep in mind that this is a LONG TERM game, it might pass a year or so before you have your first 5* rainbow team.

3 Likes

You can use 2 of the same colour, just make sure they;re not beside each other. If they are, they are vulnerable to a yellow splash attack (hit 3).

1 Like

@Ajsaker, not normally on defense but when raiding or on the map, Yes. You want to stack the strong color against the weak. Hold on. Let me grab you a link

@Ajsaker, this really helped me out when I started. I referred back to it quite a few times.

What Is Elemental Damage? - A Guide to Elements

@Ajsaker, this is very valuable info from @Sernarok. If you have gems to spend may I suggest the Atlantis Summons. It has some very valuable Atlantis heroes, plus Some past Heroes of the month, including July’s HotM.
Do NOT start leveling 5* if you pull them early. I made that mistake and it set me back months. For now concentrate on 3* and after you have 3-4 rainbow teams of ascended 3* begin working on 4*. Getting the ascension materials to level 4* is difficult but a ton easier than what you will need for 5*. Plus 4* with emblems are almost 5*, some are actually better than some 5*’s in my opinion. Good luck and May RNGesus smile upon you!!

5 Likes

I’d like to add a note to what @mpolo said, level 3* EXCEPT Renfeld or Dawa :joy::joy:

1 Like

@Ajsaker, another one I wish I had seen when I started. The forums are a wealth of knowledge. If I had never joined here I’d still be wandering around in the dark with no firm course of action.

Advice for New Players, or "All the things I wish someone had told me when I first started."

Well… I used to think that too, and I fed every single Renfeld and Dawa that passed through my hands…

Until I was making a list of recommended heroes to use in titan fights for my begginer teammates, and I (just then) realize Renfeld and Dawa have the highest tile damage for a 3* in their respective elements.

So even they are useful, in this case they are vaulable for titans and stacking colors.

4 Likes

True, but I’d hate to see someone wasting time on lesser heroes when there are so many better 3*. Excellent point though, tile damage does come in handy especially when color stacking against stronger opponents

1 Like

Speaking of ‘bad 3* heroes’, I’ve always had a bad impression about Prisca. She hits like a kitty and she doesn’t steal much life with her special. I’ve encountered a +20 Prisca on a tourney tho. She kicked my butt. Her defense was crazy with all those emblems.

What I mean to say is that every hero can be good, even the likes of Dawa and Renfeld. I would max a copy of each if I was starting to play the game again.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings