So apparently alliance espionage is a thing now, because why not?

You’re describing a sleeper cell. That’s an even more advanced form of spying where an entire family moves incognito to a new alliance for years and put their cellphone to sleep, hence the name. Then when the opportune moment comes, they have no idea what to do because their cell has been sleeping and declining instructions.

And I remember “G”, he was a good man but he pulled the short straw when he picked you. I still remember how much me and the other BigLords laughed when we saw his face.

Ah, good times. BTW, the secret BigLord Alphabet Society is recruiting. G and Z are available…

1 Like

Close, but no cigar. Google my nick to discover my true origin story (safe search off).

Is putting your cell phone on sleep the same as airplane mode? I do airplane mode all the time on accident, does that mean I am on a watch list now?

Holy :poop:, I might be such a good spy I’ve even tricked myself I’m not a spy!?! Am I unstoppable!?!

2 Likes

44t51n

7 Likes

Why does every Alliance have an Eddard? Is it a requirement? Our Eddard needs to book his ideas up tbh…we may need a replacement one soon.

2 Likes

We did have Eddard for quite some time, then he vanished one day. A few weeks he returned while I was on and promptly left before I could kick him. Very next AW, there he was, on the opposing team. But we did win, and hammered him last.:blush:

I started a thread a while back asking what the most common name you see is, and Petri fessed up that they assign Eddard to people that put in dirty words…

2 Likes

I don’t see any issues with names like Mud Or Grime

Badumtish

1 Like

We had the same thing happen. What the spy did was not use his 6 flags which meant we received no points. Grub act.

I’m a bit confused. We had an inactive member who kept turning up and using 1 flag every other war and despite us asking to untick the War box they didn’t so on the War where it was enough the matching happened and when it said “set up your war defence” there he was again. So I kicked him thinking it would remove him but it didn’t. He stayed as “ex-member” for the war

So if the war teams are set when the match is made how can anyone join after and have a team included??

I’d put it down to a misunderstanding of how alliance war works. (Seeing a lot of that in the various war threads.)

When writing my original post here I did consider the possibility of deliberate sabotage by joining an alliance and not using flags, but that’s just poor behaviour as the player doing that cannot know which alliance opponent they’d face.

I believe the only time a player is removed after the matchmaking process is finalised is if they haven’t set up a full war defence team; as I understand it these players are removed from the battlefield when war starts.

No, there is no conspiracy at work in using the name “Eddard”. Really, honest.

Uh oh. They’re on to us. All those invite accounts we set up using Eddard and planting in other alliances to pass on information are being exposed. Quick, let’s change all of them to “Anya”. That’ll throw them off.

2 Likes

What happened exactly? And why do you call it a “spy”?

Even losing you get one point.

A spy can’t join before matchmaking because they have no idea which alliance to spy on. A spy can’t waste flags after matchmaking because they are not included in the war teams. What you had was a player who screwed up your war by not participating, but not a spy.

Yes it was.

2 Likes

Very true lol, because of the time zones some how I always manage to get in and have 6 runs even though I know I logged in the day before but I managed to log in before the start still trying to work that one out but at least I can get all 6 runs done today has been my best play ever since playing the the game so I’m really pleased up to now I have only managed to score under 100 points for the first time I finally managed to to get over 300 total so looks like I am finally getting the right combination of hero’s together this has always been the hardest as you can only play with what you can get when claiming hero’s and when you have enough coins to buy or even gems lol​:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

Don’t know yet still have a few hours to go on it but it looks like we may as we are in front now which is good :blush:

1 Like

Examples:
Giving bad tactical advice, such as convincing weak player to hit someone they can’t beat, or helping screw up hero choices.

Being overly chatty and distracting when there’s a reset to be had, but also a player reviiving momentarily.

I’m sure there are others.

2 Likes

Just checked there is still 10 half hours to go :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: for the alliance war at the moment but right now it looks like we are playing leap frog :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

The one we had in our alliance was a spy as my 2nd in command checked out their alliance after the war and the person who joined us was back in the alliance that beat us over a month ago we use to have an open door to the alliance but it’s now been changed to request to join it has cut down the sudden change just before a alliance war since doing this.

I really don’t get why but some people feel like they need to spy for their alliance we don’t hold with that and play at the best we all can but as 70% of my alliance are new to the game we just have fun learning which hero’s are the best to us for attack and defence :joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

Sorry but that story makes no sense. Most likely your new player liked your opponent and decided to join them after the war.

But out of curiosity, how long before the war did that player join you?