šŸ“˜ Snow White: Fables of Grimforest ā€“ Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Got Snow White and Grimble from 10 pull .

2 Likes

@Guvnor How I am interpreting what is on the card is that Snow Whiteā€™s damage and dispel process is the opposite of what Sonya does even though what is in their attack is the same, the process is flipped for Snow White.

1 Like

Yeah I get that lol.

What Iā€™m saying tho is that if MITā€™s reflects/ignores the dispells of Sonya, itā€™ll be the same for snow white. Mechanics will be the same.

Else with sonya, the damage would reflect but then the dispells would remove the buff.

3 Likes

@Guvnor Let me know if you get Snow white and can properly test this out.

1 Like

Hehe I wonā€™t be getting herā€¦

Took me 70 pulls to even get the damned pixie.

Somehow managed to not get Grimble either which is awesome!

10 Likes

1 coin, 10x , gems x2
Wu Kong and Boldtusk, no pixie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, Snow White feels a bit iffy to me. Her attack and defense are pretty balanced to each other, however, and her health is alright too.
However, her special definitely feels like a double-edged sword. She has about 30~40 more attack than my emblemed Marjana and her special at max deals a couple percentages lower making her hits roughly the same(but multiple). However, I donā€™t find it likely for her special to deal itā€™s maximum damage unless youā€™re fighting a specific hero or unless a team is built around her special.
Furthermore, compared to other aoe hard hitters, they can target enemies with buffs, debuffs, etc while you can attack with buffs, debuffs, etcā€¦ But with with Snow White, you deal on the base damage with no attack boosts or defense debuffs on the enemy. As mentioned above, I view this as a double edged sword as enemies with defense debuffs and an aoe attacker ready to fire will deal a massive amount of damage, which is something that Snow White canā€™t take advantage of(of course her percentage is still much higher than majority of aoe hitters).
While I can see pros in her like being able to set up an aoe hit to obliterate the enemy, I just find the cons to be too much. Understandably just a scenario, but I canā€™t help but imagine how likely her special will hit for maximum or just high damage. With a slow special, it can allow for enemies like aegir to set up multiple buffs or for your team to set up buffs and debuffs on the enemy, but thereā€™s also the scenario where a hero or two is dead on both sides late game meaning the amount of buffs and debuffs + status effects is further limited.

All in all, definitely a double edged sword in my opinion, and Iā€™d rather grab Puss in Boots. (sorry for any mistakes or errors I make in my mini essay that may prevent people from understanding what Iā€™m trying to convey, Iā€™m bad with run-ons and especially so on a phone).

2 Likes

I have a question about additional removed status effect bonus. How it is calculated? For example Aegir, 3 different things, shared damage, defense buff and opposite side defense down. Bonus is 3 (unique) or 15 (together on all heroes)?

Ok, from what I saw, she is quite annoying and definetely requires attention

2 Likes

yup, wiped out almost my complete team 2 timesā€¦

2 Likes

I tried out Mitsuko against her in the event. She did block the dispell and reflected the damage back. Iā€™m interested to see whether she blocks Snow White from removing status ailments from your team since her card only says it blocks negative effects.

5 Likes

@Olmor ā€“ before it used to be that the reflect buffs wouldnā€™t block dispels.

However, the devs acknowledged (very late) that this was an issue, and they corrected it so that reflects would block dispels:

Snow White was a counter to Mitsuko before, but not anymore since the blue reflect started blocking dispels from blue heroes.

6 Likes

Does anyone have an updated monster guild for the new fables Challenge?

Pulled herā€¦really wish I got Puss In Boots instead.

Look at base Insarnia. Then look at Insarnia with and without costume.
Now look at Ursena.

Compare their speed, base attack and special damage % to Snow White. Now look at their after-attack bonuses vs her stripping everything away,

I get why she is slow. You would need that speed to get her max setup. However, that max setup is nearly impossible as it does not include HOTM links and other undespellable buffs\debuffs.

I get where SG was going, but I believe they missed the mark. There is no way she is in line for my mats.

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in the exact same thing. It should. If it doesnā€™t, I would consider it a bug.

1 Like

From what I saw in beta, itā€™s the latter. It takes 16 removals to hit the damage cap. So casting Aegir (15 buffs) or Wilbur (15 buffs + 5 debuffs) right before SW should max out her damage or at least come close.

It might be different in the release, though. Can anyone with a SW confirm this?

3 Likes

Congrats! You still need 6 other dwarves though :smiley:

2 Likes

Ill do it. Where would be the best test for a 1-1 Snow White?

Snow white is a tactial and fun hero.

If you want to use her, you must set all your team thinking about her and let her survive to shoot at the right moment.
Which is probably more easy to say that to do.

But if you succeed in that, you have the stronger hitter avalaible that canā€™t be mitigate by any defensive buff.

Itā€™s not easy to play with her.
Not as much as playing with the various fast blues, thatā€™s for sure.

10 Likes

If you have a heavy buffer or debuffer hero like Aegir or Wilbur, you could try it on an early S1 map level. I would do it like this: Measure her output damage without any buffs to get a baseline, then fire the buffer/debuffer and measure her damage again to see how much it increases. Do the same with a self-buffer like Guardian Owl or Sumitomo instead of the heavy buffer.

If the damage increase with the self buffer is similar to the damage increase with the heavy buffer, then her damage only looks at the types of buffs and not how many there are. If the heavy buffer case does way more damage, then itā€™s the reverse.

3 Likes