Small Personal Victories (AKA The Ridiculous Ridiculous Bragging Thread Where Lowbies Like Me Can Brag About Stuff That Upper Level Players Don't Think Is Worth Bragging About)

I’ve had a couple personal “victories” lately, but I can’t take full credit.

First, I got two scopes in one day, from a completed titan chest, then Frostmarch. I think that’s at least 75% credit. Frostmarch is full, and the titans is lucky loot + the killing.

Secondly, this week’s tourney has me so confused. Normally, I just use attacks as needed for Raid chests, but I’m actually using all attacks daily. Why? Because I started 4-1, needing most of those, and figured I should just try the last one. Then I went 5-0, and was befuddled how this was happening. Today I went 4-1 for a 13-2 W-L record, and I usually don’t get to 13 attacks, let alone wins. Defense is an A right now, which also is a bit odd; it’s a 3* tourney, but my 3* roster has less options than many.

This tourney top 1% just looks wrong.

8 Likes

Nice job @Zteev! I remember my first 1% finish, and it feels great, doesn’t it? :slight_smile: Also guaranteed 3* mats isn’t so bad. (Just hope it’s not a scabbard…)

2 Likes

Congrats! A top 1% finish is always nice, and more than that it’s the great performance on offense. Good job!

2 Likes

I got my first 4* hero today (Gormek) on the Atlantis pull! Also, I have been sitting top 1-4 in my alliance on titan attacks recently which means I am progressing on being a better player with a better team!

12 Likes

Congratulations! Gormek was also my very first ever 4*, he’s a good, solid one and will serve you well.

3 Likes

Nice one :slight_smile: My first 4* was Li Xiu - she’s been my avatar ever since! She’s stilly not fully levelled because I got Wu Kong next and wanted to use him for titans and raids, but perhaps some day I’ll get the mats to ascend her :wink:

4 Likes

I like Li Xiu for raid defense. Started using her after having to fight her several times in raids… every time I had my mana charged up for a special skill? Li Xiu said "NOPE!" and took it away. :laughing:

Figured, if she’s that annoying every time I have to fight her? She’ll probably also be equally annoying for my opponents. :+1:

4 Likes

Li was a great tank for me in Platinum, and even after I maxed Aegir she still flanked for me until I retired her for Joon. Li is an under-appreciated gem. She’s at +15 and still comes along when I run mono Yellow.

4 Likes

speaking of mono Yellow. I just got a new Titan high score today! +114k in a 3*. with this team :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Not sure if this counts, buuuuut!

I had my Frida tank a hit from Kirin in stage 19-7 on hard in Atlantis and she survived with one hit!!! What a champ!!! Watch me apply Rigard’s heals to her immediately!

Unfortunately Kingston wasn’t so lucky, and his emblem revive didn’t trigger either … can we have a moment of silence for him, please!

10 Likes

100K hit on Titan!! Way to go @sleepyhead!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Nicely done! Congrats!!!

3 Likes

@CaptainjaKCsparrow @Pantryraider thank you both! :slight_smile: really happy I ascended Isarnia over Richard, she’s really earning her keep on Raids and especially on Titans!

3 Likes

Of course. Isarnia has the best defense down special after Athena… and she has one of the highest attack stats in the entire game. (Hopefully, you’ll pull her costume. Costume bonus makes her sturdier and puts that attack past 970 when completely emblemed.)

5 Likes

You’re welcome, but I have to ask though, how often does she fire given that she is slow?. Do you use mana potions to get her going right at the start?

2 Likes

970 attack?! :open_mouth: Damn, I just decided what blue/water I’m fully ascending next, once I got enough telescopes and emblems! <3

3 Likes

Yeah, I bring mana potions along and use them on her just before using a bear banner and triggering some Yellow cascades. My strategy is to prioritize Blue matches (so I use fewer mana potions), while getting more Yellow gems on the board and trying to set up a Yellow diamond.

I do the same with my Blue stack, except I switch it around - try to get Wu charged up first (but hold his special), then get Kiril / Nordri / Isarnia charged up and fired, then fire Wu, before triggering some Blue cascades if I can.

5 Likes

Hmm fair enough. I tend to take abit more caution cos Wu can make you miss and i wouldn’t want the defence down specials to miss. Hence, recently on a titan, I fired Brienne then Wu then just kept trying to make the green matches (It was a blue titan). My strategy is to try to get the defence down locked in first.

2 Likes

Lol. Glad to help.

I am a big proponent of Isarnia. She gets a lot of negative rep because she is slow. But “slow” is precisely the only downside to her. In every other department - she is just bonkers!

Learn how to use her, and she can turn any battle in your favour. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

oh yeah, sorry, I have to clarify. I try to get Wu’s mana charged up first, but I fire my defense reductors (e.g. Isarnia, Nordri) BEFORE Wu, because I want to ensure their specials hit. Then I fire Wu immediately after. On 4/5 of my teams, Wu is the only off-color one, so I do it this way.

5 Likes