Small Personal Victories (AKA The Ridiculous Ridiculous Bragging Thread Where Lowbies Like Me Can Brag About Stuff That Upper Level Players Don't Think Is Worth Bragging About)

I hit a new trophy PR today. I wasn’t necessarily trying, I just happened to go 6-6. I also made my D slightly tougher prior so I was starting from a higher point. Broke 2700. Admittedly not much, but I am also not much of a raider.

:beers:

EDIT: I just realized my strongest hero is Malicna. That says enough probably as to why I am not much of a raider! :laughing:

8 Likes

Congratulations, have a nice time up there! :arrow_double_up: :smile: :piñata:

2 Likes

Awesome accomplishment!!!

2 Likes

Way to go, @Muchacho ! From one non-raider to another. That is rarified air!

1 Like

I got my first ever 1,000,000+ cumulative score on a titan a few days ago, which was nice.
“Only” a 9* but still, first ever time it happened for me

5 Likes

Thanks @sleepyhead, @Gwniver, and @arrow_slinger !

It actually went up briefly on a successful defense before plummeting like a like a bowling ball from a plane. :laughing:

Awesome titan score @arrow_slinger ! Don’t say “only” a 9*. To me the difference between say a 9* and 12* is just HP, so they’re all as tough. Congrats!

:beers:

2 Likes

also an awesome milestone, yay!

2 Likes

what goes up must come down :wink: at least you know you can raid way up there!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow, @notyou87 … that is an amazing titan score!

(I read my email, confused at first, of the @Muchacho post. Think they meant to tag you on the titan part .)

But yeah, don’t sell yourself short about the titan. They are all beasts…or whatever they’re supposed to be.

The reason I was originally confused is that I have only been up against a 9* once after my former alliance killed an 8* with some merc help. Right now my current (great) alliance and I work on 7* and 8*, which is in my wheelhouse. I actually am one of the top titan hitters but my best score is 118k (I think) and somewhere in 400k for cumulative without a flask. Nowhere near @sleepyhead and your awesome 200k-plus accomplishments. But I’ll take what I can get.

Lol, I plummeted raid scores after I got into the low 2300s, many moons ago. Similar experience where my defense boosted me a little and then, boom, back to the 2100s where I normally am. I barely raid at all except for daily tasks and tournaments that I don’t get out of on Day 3.

If I ever beat my titan best (or do anything relatively brag worthy) this is definitely where I’ll post it. Glad we have a thread like this out there.

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @arrow_slinger . I’ve been lucky enough to get some key heroes that make that 200k plus score much easier to achieve though! Am sure with the right tools, you and others could too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I had pictures, but WATERPIPE is the current defensive hero who is making me the most crazy. The mana cut minions are awful. I’m this week’s tournament I’ve seen a lot of him and always dread it.

One of today’s matches was close. It came down to him and my Devana. I was worried. But then I realized, “HE CAN’T TOUCH HER!!” I actually ghosted a few more tiles than necessary just to revel in my hero owning one of the top thorns in my side!

3 Likes

yes, Devana is my secret weapon against Lady of the Lake and similar, too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Comparing Waterpipe and LotL is a great case study in the power creep in this game. For a long time (probably the first two years I played), LotL was the hero I wanted the most. I never got her!
However, comparing Waterpipe’s minions for ALL allies at average speed to her minions only for nearby at slow speed really shines a light on how far the power creep has come. Sure, they have other aspects to their specials, but he clearly does more at a faster speed IMO.

2 Likes

On a more personal note it also shows how cup dropping has affected my game experience. Or perhaps it also shows the relative distribution of heroes (LoTL is older and thus we expect more people to have her)

I think I’ve fought exactly one Waterpipe, but still fight several LoTL every week!

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of Waterpipe in this week’s tournament (I got my 4th L today, which is longer than I usually last in 5 star tournaments). My raiding is pretty sporadic (basically if I want to play and don’t have anything else to do), so I don’t see much of anyone there! I have found that Grace, c Elkanen, and c Lianna make a great trio for raiding/tournaments. If I get the 8 tiles I need for them I can usually take out 3 heroes.

3 Likes

Three years later, at post 697:

I made it to Friday in the tournament! This might be the first time I’ve made it to Friday in ANY tournament, much less a five star tournament.

I am at Level 40, with strongest heroes:
cGrimm
Sun Shangxiang
Guardian Jackal
Merlin
Hu Tao

10 Likes

well done @TeamRedeye , and thanks for pointing out how successful this thread is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was wearing my new “Nacho average farmer” shirt (with appropriately ridiculous graphic, so I guess it is no surprise that I saw this for the first time:

20/20 on sea dragons! That’s not a goal I ever thought I would want to reach but there it is, and it is strangely satisfying.

9 Likes

New Titan personal best - 255k! Each minion was also doing 175 damage per hit at some point :slight_smile: this is 5k higher than the previous one with my Purple team :slight_smile:

8 Likes