Small Giant please slow down

Yes Same here I can’t even be bothered to read all the Skills of new heroes when I raid against them anymore… there are just too many being added

Players are quitting the game right and left right now, between the combination of the pace of the number of events being released every single month, alliance events, new portals, new OP heroes, offers, and worst of all requiring spending of gems to obtain flasks to play the Tower Events… the later being one of the worst things of all. I had five people quit and then my applicant not come because he was deciding to quit as well… all in the last two days which is unheard of in my tenure as leader of a top Alliance. It’s depressing for the rest of us. This game is a social experience, and it’s really about community. It’s not really that fun to play. The competition and the friendships keep us coming back for more.

Below is my more detailed post on this subject…

5 Likes

I feel everything you said, in this and the other post as well. I was super motivated player for more than a year, making a lot of progress fast, started to think about moving to one of the top alliances as well. And then… They broke me. I was feeling the pressure is rising for some time, but the final drop happened when Tower of magic was on a month ago.

I didn’t left the game, but I totally locked my credit card and moved to fun, but super casual alliance. Gonna stay there until my time comes. 0 desires to play on a more competitive level. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How is there such a "massive bias"
for such a small group…?

The truth is…
EVERYONE here has invested time.
Now you maybe enjoying your time still.
Temporarily… :point_left: important key word!

Inevitably, your fun will grind to a halt
Likely sooner than some of us, should the pace continue

In the meantime you may want to take note. Many of the voices here are not Top… Not rich… Not even disgruntled!
@Mcblood has donated nothing but positive and fun content before making a valid complaint, and hanging it up.

Why are so many, who have invested something… sound so tired now?

Not because they are all big spenders…
Not because they are all top 100…

Maybe you should investigate deeper.
Further discontent is just around the corner. And it’s not our fault that beta is ignored. It’s not our fault that QoL is ignored. And certainly isn’t our fault that balance updates have been replaced by expensive costumes

4 Likes

I’m nearly 2 years in and I like it just as much if not more. You’re a relentlessly negative voice on this forum. Do you enjoy trying to drag other down with you?

1 Like

I’m not the topic of this thread.

If you can help yourself
You should attempt to stay on topic

Not 2 years is not that long

The point isn’t if…
It’s when…

The end comes for all of us.
Why hasten that process…??
With aggressive portals, and ignored requests, and then balance you have to pay for, for cards you already paid for…

If you comment on my posts I’m going to reply. If it’s felt to be off topic then the moderators will deal with it.

@Pompitous the quote above from @Shunt is correct.

Honestly, I hardly every see top 100 voices here. Can you show me proof of this bias please?

The OP is one, and not a regular here
For good reason…

All this discontent is not confined to the rich ruling class…

Oddly enough, I don’t disagree much and I get where are you going with this. :slight_smile:

However, this is an oversimplification:

I’m the guy who leveled Noor before Elizabeth, and I haven’t regretted. Not for a single moment. That is probably the most extreme example, but I have more. Not everyone feel deprived for not having the shiniest toy in town. It’s just one piece of the complex puzzle why I have recently started to see everything about this game a bit pointless. And it didn’t happen just like that - there’s a clear sequence of decisions by developers which lead me directly to this point. :slight_smile:

And oh boi, I was quite a fan! :rofl:

1 Like

I understand this. I had started off slowly, but went on the warpath getting heroes. Spent a decent chunk. It was about after Slayers where it just hit me like a sledge hammer. Why on earth am I getting all these nice new heroes when better ones are released the next month?

Granted, from this general time period… my Hannah, Senan, Rian and every 4 star and 3 star slayer are still loved, used and enjoyed. I love this game too. They will be viable for some time despite the next fiend killers here and coming soon. Not everyone will have them. BUT, will I chase these new heroes now? No chance. There should be a sufficient period to savor and enjoy the top heroes you bought. Thats now been eliminated by the tornado of content. Seeing stuff like xenolphod with Ludwig and quenell with endless mana. yes, i know the counters, but that isn’t the point. What is disheartening is that I bought the best heroes they offered a mere month before. Not that my heroes are useless, but it just feels like a scam. Not to mention my nerfed hotm while these crazy things are released.

So, they closed my wallet shut with this nonsense. I still play the game semi obsessively and enjoy it. But they broke me when it comes to getting new heroes. Its relaxing knowing they can go to hell while I still enjoy what I have.

4 Likes

This is probably another comparison between us players that gets overlooked.

• We have all invested something, even if it is only our time

• and at some point… we were ALL fans of this game!

The consequences of a pressured and fast creep pace, have been talked about at length since Guinevere.
SG did such a good job that regular costumeless S1 were in top 100 defenses as of last year.

Not top 100 as in let’s bias the game’s direction for this group only. But as something that could be actively measured and sampled for something greater than opinion.

I had great hope that they intended to maintain balance after they repeatedly sought to do so with GTV.

This past year has been blizzard of stats, speed and strength pouring out of these portals.
One after another…
Each greater than the last!

And now… balance is to be paid for.

The negativity is not confined to one group or another. It is spread throughout the entire body.

To say that it is only in the head, would seek to de-legitimatize valid complaints.
Spawning from head… to toe!

The validity should be debated…
Rather than us

5 Likes

You are forgetting one, my friend :wink:

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Edit: :sob: so many people beat me to it :sob:
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:rofl:

Okay, I must remember the insanely overpriced “catch-up” mechanism.

I was actually thinking of some acceleration mode for new people that would actually be free of charge, when I wrote that sentence. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this game for about 1 and so. Gotta say I do enjoy very much mostly because of the Users I’ve met. I love the idea the Love the heros the art and All that. SG. Let’s be clear. I understand that You or zynga or whoever need founds to keep the game Running, but the way you’ve done this it is Extremely wrong. Pretty much you’re chasing users away with All this Offers, events, Heros, My momma, my uncle, my niece of the month and nephew of 2017. Come on!. You barely can ascend a hero and then you come out with a “better / stronger” hero. I’m sure users don’t have All the necessary AM TO Even finish to ascend whatever they have on deck and you keep coming out with more and more heroes. I understand that you want to keep the ball rolling but Jeeeesh! Where will it end?. Instead you are going to lose Users “customers”. Believe me is sad to see the day this game comes to an end because of the great individuals You can come across and delevolp a friendship.

Just Saying. SLOW DOWN. Give us time to digest the 50 new hero you just released! Please and try to fix our S1/S2 heroes that need more attention than getting new ones every 2 weeks!!.

1 Like

I don’t think the Tower is a problem. Options always have a price and here it’s solely a personal call. What I find really problematic is when personal performance is dependent on alliance. Here I stop havig choices and I either make a call which effects my alliance or I am down to swallow that I am excluded. Alliance Quest is only a new example to this. It has been there for a while like defeating titans of star xy during POV. I never liked it - never will.

Top 100 alliances not players so that would include thousands who are in that range or near to it.

The concerns I mention are clearly more a concern of people at that level of the game and I’m sure you’re smart enough to get that too.

At 1.5 million players the top 100 alliances or 3,000 players is 0.2% of the population. Here at the forum the base is not 1.5 mil. But the top don’t bother coming here either. The percentage is likely less than you claim.
You’re attempting to defend SG by saying that the complaints are only 1 group. And I’m pointing out that is wrong.

Still waiting for proof of this bias

No data period,

Yesterday it was:

Today it’s:

Maybe tomorrow it will more accurately be those who are just competitive

The complaints rolling in are not coming from one tiny group of players. And nor should those complaints be minimized by such falsities. Player’s from all stages of this game are struggling with a variety of business decisions as of late.

6 Likes

I do note that there doesn’t appear to be very much new stuff in the latest beta. (I don’t have beta, but I read the beta-beat.) There are obviously changes to NT and a few new heroes, but no new quest type or hero levelling change etc. This feels like the first time there will be a relatively minor update in quite a while.