Small Giant please slow down

As a ftp player I donā€™t see what the fuss is about. Players only need 36 heroes fo war so who cares if more options are made available. You can only use a limited number and a basic set of season 1 heroes supplemented by a few heroes gained with free tokens is plenty enough. the only issue with new introductions is that you have a wider range of potential opponents to get to know.
Iā€™d like a better consistent quality of art. Thatā€™s my only gripe.

3 Likes

Have a look out thereā€¦Plenty care!

• Competitive players
  • Most spenders, them with foresight anyway
  • Anyone worried about fresh blood sticking around
  • Anyone tired of watching old friends become weary of the grind
  • Even some loafers care!

Not too many game loafers in the forum butā€¦ a few do run into the paywall and come here to this tarpit for a thrashing

A learning curve is all you could muster?
Reallyā€¦

The pace has been commented on by lots of solid contributors.

This is a good egg!

Obviouslyā€¦
Staff doesnā€™t care. And I certainly am not blaming them!! :money_mouth_face::+1:
But the pace of paywall upgrades and lack of QoL attention is getting more difficult to defend.
It really is grossā€¦

And yesā€¦ there are so-called spiesā€¦
Itā€™s no secret

But @Gerg is definitely not one.
Anyone working for SG would have more depth than justā€¦ a learning curve

3 Likes

You know you can be pretty insulting. Between your wars perhaps you can come and visit me at alliance UK Celts which would give you opportunity to apologise.

Rebock (other sporting goods manufacturers are available) last year manufactured more types of trainers than I could buy. It diddnā€™t bother me. My shoe rack only has space for 36 pairs and Iā€™d already picked up 36 pairs for free.

I compete as competitively as I competitively can. So other people spend more money than you. Boo hoo hoo. Everyone either spends the same as me or a lot more.

So you think Iā€™m a spy huh. Bit of a funny approach Iā€™m taking donā€™t you think, advocating that people donā€™t spend?!!?

3 Likes

And many who is playing this game already lost interest playing but they just want to play for the money they spend in pastā€¦Thats it

4 Likes

I donā€™t spend money on gems to pull heroes, so thatā€™s not an issue for me. I like the new heroes because it gives me a chance to pull something other than the heroes I already have. Itā€™s a bummer to save up the gems and have to burn duplicates. Some I have 4 of and thatā€™s after burning some. I had hoped we could reroll 4*, but alas we can only do that with 5* and I have hardly any of those.

1 Like

Guilty as charged :disappointed:

Thatā€™s the horizon for ALL spenders!
It can be difficult to see the horizon when your driving 190 kmph.

I believe this was part of @Simon1977ā€™s warning yesterday: hereā€¦

Before his thread got derailed into something elseā€¦

6 Likes

And I keep spending not wanting to be left behind considering the vast investment(wasted money) that I have sunk into this game. Go read up on the two new heroes that are in beta and it will make you realize they donā€™t care about creating a good game at this point, they only care about getting as much money in their hands before the whole game of cards comes crashing down.

3 Likes

Fiend meta

Rumors from Beta say new heroes will help with both minions AND fiends

Per usual for SGG, I expect a shift to a new meta - minions plus fiends ( anti minions ) - with NEW heroes

But not giving fiend meta abilities to Classic heroes, or already released heroes

So if you want to deal with fiends( and the new meta ), you will need to get new 5* heroes and more 4* ascension items

5 Likes

New Beta threads seem to confirm. So far, six new heroesā€¦ all five-star. Go big (:moneybag: ) or go home. There are no consolation prize three- and four-star heroes anymore.

4 Likes

Itā€™s funny, Iā€™d previously started a thread on SGGā€™s denial of the game favouring payment but players rationalised the SGG approach.

It was having written a stinking review.

When SGG announce heroes in forums they give loads of links about not spending or only paying for things that will make you happy.

The simple fact is that SGG can choose to introduce as much or as little as they like and players can choose whether or not to buy. Itā€™s freedom of choice.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with youā€¦

The bulk of my time here has been devoted towards balance.

Which always pits you against someone

I showed a team that can do 9,500 damage in a single turnā€¦! And the very first response was:

He then went on to compare a different team that didnā€™t do half that damageā€¦before it got fixed! Which was also before he retorted

LB will be tierā€™d. Just mull that overā€¦

Balance is:

And debating that is a great exercise for turning your face blue

5 Likes

thats stupid, should just sell their account and get some money back
its not too late because there is still a good market for EP accounts selling but i guess it will become harder and harder to find new buyers willing to pay a lot for an account

1 Like

If you want to buy, fine - but I think it can also work out great not to.

On one level E&P is ā€œPay 2 Winā€ and yet, unless you happen to be in one of the very top alliances, it isnā€™t so much ā€œPay 4 Winsā€. Matches are made for alliance wars and in regard to which titans to face with consideration of the alliances history of battling other alliances/titans to date. In general you will always beat the same number of titans. Game tactics remain the same.

Sure, if you donā€™t have some heroes you may face a bit more challenge in certain events. Just remember you can always pick your opponents for raids and cup drop whenever you like. Iā€™m settling for platinum tier with my squad still fielding one 4* and thatā€™s currently fine for me. I typically clear up in 6 clean hits and a couple or three goes in the tournament and race through the chests. It all works out.

If a fellow alliance member buys heroes, great. They arenā€™t my competition. I still typically get into the A tier for titan loot etc. because Iā€™m a good player. If other alliance members buy stuff then that just means weā€™ll do better in shared contests like wars where we all win. Happy days.

2 Likes

And of course, the summon rates and Hero Academy retrain rates remain the same, soā€¦

The grind continues. Or the spend, for some

4 Likes

Has anyone compared this hurry-up and crash business model to other games that do have successful longevity? Who knows, this game may survive just as long because thereā€™s enough willing individuals that keep spending money on it.

1 Like

Worse odds

It gets increasingly worse for non Classic 5* heroes every month as past 5* HotM are automatically added

It is similar to Tavern of Legends odds getting worse each appearance

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Classic 5* heroes & costumes

Non Classic 5* heroes

Looks like I did not do the HA10 retraining math. Probably because it is so depressing

But here are some Tavern examples

FIN

1 Like

good pointā€¦ the odds of getting a particular hero get reduced as the pool gets dilutedā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh you wanna talk about the El stuff again and taking potshots on me huh.

I actually made a mistake back then calculating gullinā€™s damage. Since youā€™re obsessed with your 9500 damage five El team, let me educate you on how much five pigs can actually do over your five Elā€™s

I showed the damage of 2385 back then, that is just for 1 gullin. 2385x5 gullins would be 11925 damage. And this pig may easily dish this damage at anytime whenever he fires, way more efficient than that Wizard of yours.

Well of course on the day when I was gonna throw this truth bomb, SG decided to nerf gullin in certain aspects. So I let it go, because I was too dejected to hear this news.

You really gonna quote mine 1 small line from my comment, which is completely out of context just to make a point? And I was certainly not the first response to this.

Whatever, this will be my go to quote next time.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand how your
"no big deal" was taken out of context

I can push the 9,500 higher also. That was based off Vela and JF only.

Beside the point, however.

The point remains that some people, like meā€¦ see something like:

And view it as harmful.

While others see that and do this:

When it comes to balanceā€¦
Get your hip waders outā€¦

I will say thoughā€¦!

Your go-to quote, @Tidyup
Is pretty cool! :+1: Especially in regards to El conversation!

Someone definitely had the whole world against him there!

merely pointing out one instance of ridiculous damage numbers in the context of one hero doesnā€™t mean youā€™re defending the cause of game balance.

separate conversation, but itā€™s relevant to point out that Gullinbursti wasnā€™t ā€œfixedā€ because of the potential for high damage numbers; he was ā€œfixedā€ because the way his special worked changed/ was bugged in Version 39 in a way the developers didnā€™t intend, and he was brought back to his original form in Version 41.

merely stating that itā€™s harmful doesnā€™t make it so.

as of this writing, the current leaderboard for the tournament has 24/25 of the top ranked playersā€™ defense teams featuring Alfrike tanks. i didnā€™t write them all down, but iā€™d guess about half of them have double Alfrike. sheā€™s the undisputed queen of Rush Attack, being the tank of choice for everyone who has her and can tank her for tournaments or Rush Attack wars. itā€™s not even close.

Elradir is a HotM that i rarely see on defense in any format of the game and who some in this forum view as an average hero at best for offense, even with the potential to pull off ridiculous DOT reflect numbers.

you keep coming back to this idea that youā€™re defending game balance, yet the target hero (Elradir) isnā€™t even a factor when it comes to playersā€™ complaints about particular heroes being too powerful. i love my Elradir, but even i can say that he wishes he were as relevant as Alfrike or Mother North in Rush, C. Kadilen, Ludwig, Krampus, Elizabeth, Frigg, Morel, or Prof. Lidenbrock, to name a few. i would actually argue that maintaining Elradir as is maintains game balance by giving a new hero a spot to shine in one particular set up of the game rather than the current power creeping going on with new hero releases.

people will barely be able to enjoy their Fiend summoners for a few months before SG releases direct hard counters to them. iā€™d say thatā€™s also an argument for SG to slow down the pace of new hero releases, in an attempt to get us back on topic.