Small Giant please slow down

Has anyone compared this hurry-up and crash business model to other games that do have successful longevity? Who knows, this game may survive just as long because there’s enough willing individuals that keep spending money on it.

1 Like

Worse odds

It gets increasingly worse for non Classic 5* heroes every month as past 5* HotM are automatically added

It is similar to Tavern of Legends odds getting worse each appearance

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Classic 5* heroes & costumes

Non Classic 5* heroes

Looks like I did not do the HA10 retraining math. Probably because it is so depressing

But here are some Tavern examples

FIN

1 Like

good point… the odds of getting a particular hero get reduced as the pool gets diluted… :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh you wanna talk about the El stuff again and taking potshots on me huh.

I actually made a mistake back then calculating gullin’s damage. Since you’re obsessed with your 9500 damage five El team, let me educate you on how much five pigs can actually do over your five El’s

I showed the damage of 2385 back then, that is just for 1 gullin. 2385x5 gullins would be 11925 damage. And this pig may easily dish this damage at anytime whenever he fires, way more efficient than that Wizard of yours.

Well of course on the day when I was gonna throw this truth bomb, SG decided to nerf gullin in certain aspects. So I let it go, because I was too dejected to hear this news.

You really gonna quote mine 1 small line from my comment, which is completely out of context just to make a point? And I was certainly not the first response to this.

Whatever, this will be my go to quote next time.

1 Like

I don’t understand how your
"no big deal" was taken out of context

I can push the 9,500 higher also. That was based off Vela and JF only.

Beside the point, however.

The point remains that some people, like me… see something like:

And view it as harmful.

While others see that and do this:

When it comes to balance…
Get your hip waders out…

I will say though…!

Your go-to quote, @Tidyup
Is pretty cool! :+1: Especially in regards to El conversation!

Someone definitely had the whole world against him there!

merely pointing out one instance of ridiculous damage numbers in the context of one hero doesn’t mean you’re defending the cause of game balance.

separate conversation, but it’s relevant to point out that Gullinbursti wasn’t “fixed” because of the potential for high damage numbers; he was “fixed” because the way his special worked changed/ was bugged in Version 39 in a way the developers didn’t intend, and he was brought back to his original form in Version 41.

merely stating that it’s harmful doesn’t make it so.

as of this writing, the current leaderboard for the tournament has 24/25 of the top ranked players’ defense teams featuring Alfrike tanks. i didn’t write them all down, but i’d guess about half of them have double Alfrike. she’s the undisputed queen of Rush Attack, being the tank of choice for everyone who has her and can tank her for tournaments or Rush Attack wars. it’s not even close.

Elradir is a HotM that i rarely see on defense in any format of the game and who some in this forum view as an average hero at best for offense, even with the potential to pull off ridiculous DOT reflect numbers.

you keep coming back to this idea that you’re defending game balance, yet the target hero (Elradir) isn’t even a factor when it comes to players’ complaints about particular heroes being too powerful. i love my Elradir, but even i can say that he wishes he were as relevant as Alfrike or Mother North in Rush, C. Kadilen, Ludwig, Krampus, Elizabeth, Frigg, Morel, or Prof. Lidenbrock, to name a few. i would actually argue that maintaining Elradir as is maintains game balance by giving a new hero a spot to shine in one particular set up of the game rather than the current power creeping going on with new hero releases.

people will barely be able to enjoy their Fiend summoners for a few months before SG releases direct hard counters to them. i’d say that’s also an argument for SG to slow down the pace of new hero releases, in an attempt to get us back on topic.

Right now, at the rate that SG is releasing heroes, the meta will never solidify. Every 4 weeks a brand new set of 5* will be released, each more powerful than the last. To be honest, all the previews is just completely deflating to me rather than getting me excited. It makes me look at what’s coming, what I currently have, and kills any desire to continue pulling. Imagine pulling a top-tier hero now only to discover in a few weeks/months time that they are now obsolete.

5 Likes

I get the arguments about the increased speed of power creep. However this statement really makes me scratch my head. How does a new super hard to get hero with perhaps stats and/or one apsect of their special or passive that is superior to the hero you just pulled make them obsolete? Your hero’s stats and specials haven’t changed! You can still use them in the same way that you intended - unless perhaps you wanted to use them in defense and the defense meta has shifted slightly.

I use Delilah in every war and she is reliable and helps me to get the wins. Despite the fact that Director Z (?) has come out and gotten a buff that makes her significantly better than Delilah… this has not made Delilah (a 2+ year old hero) obsolete in any way. UNLESS you happen to have both, and have such a deep roster of heroes that you will never use Delilah again… but then you are in such a strong position that you really shouldn’t be complaining.

Can you name any recent (say last 6 months or so) that have been released that have now become obsolete due to newer heroes?

1 Like

Ohhh pick me. Pick me… The answer is salmon loki :laughing: :popcorn: :beer:

3 Likes

lol
@Mistress_of_Shadows beat me too it

I think 6 months is a stretch for now…

Costume chamber came out less than 2 years ago, and C.Magni ran the leaderboards until Morel came 1.5 years later, and is still swamping us.

C. Magni isn’t exactly… obsolete. That word is a bit like hot garbage. But if I had Morel with 50+ fully leveled 5*, then yeah, that’s a 100% decrease in relevance time from Joon’s (and other S1) run up to last year.

And this thread is all about…

The Pace!

In another year at this pace. I wonder if 6 months before obsolescence takes hold is not an accurate prediction.

1 Like

Ah let me qualify that… a hero that has been made obsolete by other heroes, that wasn’t already obsolete when released …

2 Likes

Yeah sure, now you factor in poison, sand, frost damage. While we’re at it, why not include victor/Lady Locke/Morgan DOT to make a point
You only get 9500 damage because you started with that damage and your entire arguement was about those two heroes from the beginning.

if you’re seeing 9500 damage dealt by a 5 team El, that’s probably a joke match anyways. Don’t take it too seriously, it was meant to be funny.

And if you truly want an El balance, he got a -40% drop in his elemental link boost…happy?

@Homaclese , look at what your love for El has done…you created a monster!

Haha… Elradir for El presidente! It was worth it to see the Elradir topic be revived with hundreds of comments after he wasn’t even HOTM any more… but yes this particular monster may never die.

This game is pure business now. And I recently had the reaction that if it were a business Inwas walking into ignoring it’s customer base so wholly, I would have long since stopped supporting that business with my money. So that’s what I did here :grin:
Seriously, just read the responses to the q&a a few months ago to see there’s only care for making money, not making the game fun and inclusive.

1 Like

No hero will ever be obsolete unless one desides it to be, and that was really an overstatement by OP. But I strongly support everything he said before that sentence. Why pulling now if you expect that 6 month from now, there will be a whole new set of crazy powerful heros? Wouldn’t that be a completely irrational decision? :slight_smile:

For the same price/odds you could get something way better than today, assuming they continue with hyper production of legendary heros. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My Margaret became obsolete when I received Kadilen’s costume :disappointed:

I miss Margaret… but it’s hard to justify bringing her along

1 Like

Essentially what you all are saying is that you only want to play with the very best-in-class hero. A best-in-class hero that is pulled now may not be best-in-class in 6 months time, but it will still be a VERY GOOD hero compared to 95% of the hero base. And will bring you variety and enjoyment in playing, and will likely add to your overall success. So I don’t buy into this at all - if I like a hero now I would be extatic to get them and to level them up and use them. Regardless of what comes down the line. I feel confident enough in my own abilities to know I will still be competitive, and my experience will be enhanced.

I got Ferrant and Wren and yellow food 3* guy from knights. Thrilled with all. Ferrant has an interesting mana control mechanic that i am keen to experiment with. Wren is my daughters name so I will have an emotional attachment to him. And 3* food guy is there on my rare, epic and legendary events as I don’t have Miki or Tarlak, and he is easier to charge than Sergei. He will also make my purple titan team.

1 Like

What’s with the 95% of the hero base? Or bottom 50% with this rate of new releases? While I will never say they are obsolete if you don’t have anything better, you definitely fall behind. Unless you keep the pace, more or less. Unless you grab some of the newest toys to refresh your roster. I think that’s the essence of this thread: pls slow down, there’s significant part of player base that can’t keep up, even if they would like to.

3 Likes

Margaret is great now, especially when 2019 hotm bonus is around the corner

3 Likes

Let them burn their money to get nothing much in return…One day they will realize the wastage of money for nothing

1 Like