Small Giant is killing the game

I know nothing of any “superior attitude”, so I’ll just ignore that, shall I? Perhaps it’s something to do with your interpretation of a sigh as indicating boredom? No, I’m not going to speculate. Let’s just move on. Okay.

I’m in an alliance. I’ve been in it since around April last year, I think. We’ve had players leave and new players arrive; it’s all very cool.

There are no complaints about a lack of ascension materials in our alliance. We collectively celebrate when anyone receives them, and quietly groan when someone goes on one of those runs where they get nothing for weeks. We’re still very excited about coloured chests and the rewards when we kill 9* Titans. (We don’t kill 10* Titans yet.)

As we play, of course, SG is developing lots of cool new content for late game players: special events, alliance wars, and season 2. We’re pretty excited about all that, too.

So if you’re bored even by coloured chests, then maybe you are just sick of the game. That’s a normal part of a game’s life, right? You play for a while, get sick of it, then move on to something else. I don’t think that suggests that there is anything wrong with E&P. Perhaps you have just outgrown it.

3 Likes

@Brobb

Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid that I did not express myself correctly. We are not a top xxx alliance. And in no rush to get there. We have strong players, medium players and also not so high players in our ranks. And we are a great team.

No way we will dissolve this alliance.
It is exactly 63 days old. 13 of us split off from another alliance. Because the boss there got a bee in his bonnet about wanting to get into the top 100 and pressured us all about pvp and stuff. So 13 of us left. To play the game the way we wanted.

Are our players ambicious? Yes. Do we want pressure and stuff? No. Do we help our smaller players grow? Yes. Do we pressure them? No.

Do want to accept baby players and fall back to 6* titans? H*ll no.

Because in that case, the stronger players will get sick of it and leave.

Our stronger players do get offers. Good offers.
Which we have politely declined. Because this lovely alliance is our home. We have built it up. But, sorry, we have not built it up as a kindergarten.

And as to recruiting:
Our entire leadership team is not too crazy about fishing in a bathtub.

2 Likes

Your alliance sounds great and I’m pleased that you are committed to it. Recruiting is important, though, and if you really find it unpleasant then that’s a serious challenge that you will need to work to overcome. I hope you succeed.

3 Likes

Alliance wars is coming, soon. New version rolled into beta yesterday, and it seems to work well. We haven’t seen thebloot drops yet, but SG has said it intends to include a chance of rare mats.

The new Wars will be great fun and encourage alliances along. And it should be a new source of rare mats, helping there.

5 Likes

@Brobb

Thank you, dear. :slight_smile:
We just had too many players leave lately … quit the game or taking a break … and we are so sick of fishing in that bathtub …

@Kerridoc

Yesss!! Gimme gimme gimme!!! :slight_smile:
And give to all of our lovely alliance members please! :slight_smile:

@Dakara, greetings … and if I may … i will share a thought with you . I am level 33 in the game and have a bit more of 4 months playing … I have only one 5 star hero that I cannot ascend to the last tier because i lack 3 of the 6 same item to do it … but you know what ? 3 weeks ago I was lacking 5 … yeah , is that so. In the game I have plenty more to do than levelling heroes … I finish the season on the map … but I a long way to finish my base … so … With the hand in your heart tell me … what game doesn’t get harder when you are progressing ? it doesn’t matter if you spend money or not … ( i think that is another tale for mention it here ) I fill that opposite to another games that I played lately I actually have a shot of getting somewhere with this one and I am patient enough to get there. if you take the game seriously . you can 1) Recruit if you need to , 2) level up all the buildings at your base 3) teach the newcomers and make a cohesive team. That is only a fraction of what you can do … I really really think that who claim that is bored because cannot get good loots ( at the end … the core of this thread is that …) and can not progress … is actually because they wanna be number one in the list of alliances or players and cannot get there as it is …
Those players are so much like the football soccer … if your team makes the goal … you are jumping square jumps and proclaiming how good is your they are and you gonna die cheering fr them … and in the same match … they do some error … and you start to curse like a sailor and swearing that you will change teams in the same instance…

bottom line … yea … is not the same like when you sign up … it get more challenging … deal with it … or … proclaim you are bored … and leave … but ultimate … IS YOUR CHOICE …

just a thought

5 Likes

I have been playing for 8 months give or take, and am close to F2P but have spent )damn Winter Calendar) so can’t call myself F2P. About 4 or 5 months in I hit the wall that I feel a lot do - all these cool heroes that need ascending and no way to ascend them, map done, raids are bleh, etc. Since then I’ve seen SG add the challenge events, the Winter event and now they are beta testing alliance wars. They’ve already said they’re expanding the map to season 2 this year. They are looking into a 2nd builder to help with build times. I’ve seen 3 and 4* items in normal chests now that I don’t ever remember seeing 8 months ago.

They are listening folks, and while they may not do it as fast as we all want it (even us happy folks), they are a small team that is VC funded and like it or not, have other folks to listen to in addition to us (the ones that pay the bills and keep them running).

Might I suggest if you are frustrated to take a break (like a sabbatical even) and come back for alliance wars or the challenge event refreshed. Yes, you will let others keep progressing, and you may sadden your alliance members, but still, just take a break. Plus, I hear you get a nice ‘welcome back’ offer to purchase once you have been idle enough as a sweetener :slight_smile:

PS - in the subsequent 4 months after my first wall, I was able to ascend 2 5* fully and 8-10 4*. I’ve got two TC20’s and got my 6th 5* free last week. There’s ALWAYS something to do here, alliance wars being the next thing. You need up to 30 usable heroes for it (this has already been leaked) in it’s current state. For most of us, even 8 months in, that is a lot to ask but in my mind, adds to the fun! I look to prep for what’s coming, and that keeps me interested.

10 Likes

You ever go see a band or a DJ and they keep saying “If you guys have any requests, make sure to let us know.”? You then proceed to make a request. After an hour, you realize that your request hasn’t been played, so you ask the guy…“we are right on that” he says. “Just be patient, I promise”. Another hour goes by, and you realize that you’ve spent way too much money on drinks and should probably leave. You ask the guy again…“right after this next one, I promise”. 4 songs go by, and you just get fed up and leave. “Sorry we didn’t get to that song, but make sure you come see us next time!” (and pay the cover charge again).

That’s how this game makes me feel.

9 Likes

Sounds like you are a lucky bunny alliance… One of those runs of weeks? Our runs last months and we, like you, groan and joke, but it takes its wear… Good for you guys who are still excited by coloured chests, rewards in these used to be something to get excited about, maybe you are living on memories… They are disappointing now, no comparison, but then possibly you are easily excited by the prospect itself as by the other prospects mentioned, none of which have materialised yet, all in the air…
Anja is 100% right in her evaluation of recruitment. When the alliance is relatively young it is great to recruit new players, help them and watch them grow, but when all are strong players, unfortunately that is no longer viable, neither for them or the alliance.
You mention boredom a lot… I, personally, am not bored, merely frustrated by SG’s policy… I have been playing hard since April/May too and have 2 5* heros to show for it, not one ascended to the full yet. I think this strategy of drawing out ascension for so long is discouraging and a mistake and know it is causing a lot of players to leave. That is all.

6 Likes

Thanks for the thought! I see your point, in fact would have shared it 4 or 5 months ago! However, when you have been playing 8 or 9 months, let me know if you still feel the same!
P. S. And yes, I still love the game!

1 Like

What I perceive and the problem that I am seeing is the following. The game wants to make it difficult for you to get your heroes and it is difficult for you to get the necessary materials to promote them, because of course if you get everything, there will be a point where if you do not have anything to do you get bored, but they do not realize that it is the dog Who bites his tail? because the same thing is happening but because the restriction to get them is too big and in the end not being able to advance is even more frustrating. They have not thought of simply not making the game so difficult for those of us who are behind and expanding it for those who already have everything? maybe new heroes of 6 * new levels of fortification etc etc …

3 Likes

If you have been playing since April/May and have two 5* heroes then you have been very unlucky. I am F2P, I have been playing since February/March and I have eleven 5* heroes. But if you have not fully ascended either of your two 5* heroes in that time, then you might not be playing as hard as you think you are. I have fully ascended four of mine, and have plentiful ascension materials to ascend more, if some come along that I like.

Again, I’m F2P. I’m just collecting the chests that are available, completing events and quests. I think there might be something you are not doing, if you lack ascension materials for even two 5* heroes.

2 Likes

that would make sense if so many things did not depend on luck, I know people who started playing later than me and who play much less and have 8 fine gloves and I have been waiting for more than a month for 5 heroes

Totally agree, the moment when you finished season and non stop and without effect you want to improve your heroes the game becomes boring and frustating. I’m close to quit! Devs do sth!

Please , @Dakara do not get me wrong … I share a lot of the points you mention on your previous posts. I have been reading a lot about this …not only here … in other forums as well … and I am not an important player at all … but have the luck to share some thoughts and ideas with WELL KNOWN players ( like @Avicious @Rook , etc , players that , btw have the same rewads in loot that you , me and the rest of the bored quitters ) that are way up in the list … and they are still going … always ok!.. I do not think I change my mind in 5 or 6 more months … unless something else happen IRL. I simply will do like them … if I am stuck … the I will merc for a while … or create a newbie alliance to teach newcomers … or do videos with tutorials … or became moderator in this forum … i dont know … but … never will say that i dont get the best for my buck , throw the towel and walk away blaming someone else .
PS : I love you still love the game … what i do not get … is why you stand for people that do not .

4 Likes

Brobb, I have been on pregnancy leave, lol… You have no IDEA how many hours and how much dedication I have been putting into this game!!
Sorry, don’t know what F2P means… But I can assure you I complete every damn mission, quest, adventure, event that appears! :slight_smile:
I am sooo envious of all your 5* heroes and ascension items…

1. Congratulations and best wishes.
  2. I don’t know how to help you and I’m sorry. Ascension materials are dropping for me, and for our alliance, pretty much as they always have. I have never fully ascended a 5* light hero, so I currently have 34 Orbs of Magic and 10 Poison Darts. (I have fully ascended a couple of 4* light heroes.) Just collecting chests and taking what the game gives, that’s all.

Edit: sorry, yes: F2P = Free to Play

1 Like

Here’s a counterpoint on ascension materials that can be made, given there are concerns about P2W floating around here as well.

If ascension materials were plentifully given away for nothing (i.e. no real time invested or purchased for money) then pay to win (P2W) would freaking crush it - they’d buy the heroes and just ascend them at will and crush the free to play (F2P) people in events, raids, alliance wars, you name it. The stinginess I think limits that impact - they can get all the best heroes, but they can’t get them all there at breakneck pace.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

I doubt there are many players who have invested more time than me, if it was time required, I’d be up there with Zero

F2P = Free to play
P2W = Pay to Win

I have been playing since April of last year. I don’t do well in Raid, perhaps because I’m not good at it, so I don’t play it much. I LOVE Titan fighting, and so does my alliance.

Recruiting is a funny duck: it used to be easier when we were lower-level. I guess there is such a demand for high-level players that it feels like “fishing in a bathtub”. Oh well. I counter that by fishing in several spots (Forum, AR chat, certain Line groups, etc).

I’m happy here; hey, I’ve played Game of War, which was a total money-sucking beast that crushed F2P players and didn’t reward P2W unless they were dumping fortunes into it. Ugh.

I LIKE E&P, which is why I’m here. Those who are unhappy do not have to play. If they want to wait a bit, new content is being added (Alliance Wars is in Beta testing right now).

7 Likes