Small Giant is killing the game

1 out of 30 players in avg. receive a 4* ascencion item in our 10* titan defeats. And always in lower loot tiers. So the no. 1 hitters are more or less in disadvantage although they carry a big part of the damage
What for me would be the best way to distribute great loot is the relation of dmg made/succes to the strenght of the team. I will propose that in the other sections

2 Likes

It has been suggested before. I’m not sure how they balance dmg dealers (who have earned it) with encouraging new players (who haven’t yet, but must stick around or there is no future dmg dealers when the old guard moves on). Hmm.

EDIT: I certainly would want better rewards if I was an A+ player.

2 Likes

in our alliance the last time an A+ player has received a 4* ascension item (if I remeber correctly) was December last year

1 Like

At 8* titans and up, you need at least two leveled 70s of the strong color to do good hits AND you need to know how to use your specials (Attack buff, defense debuff, etc) at the right now. a random rainbow team of power 3500 isn’t good enough anymore at high level titans to get much beyond 10k.

3 Likes

Eep! I’d definitely be complaining. However, I don’t know a couple of variables:

• How many rolls per Tier to we get? (I know I’ve seen folks talking about it.)

• What is my percentage chance to get a 4* per roll per tier?

• What is my total chance of 4* on A+ on a 10* Titan?

These are the things I want answered. I’m sensing Black Dogs again…

1 Like

Reading through the forum a little bit is a good way to learn how Titan loot works. If you decide that performing poorly will give you a better chance at good loot than performing well, then:

1. You’re foolish, and
  2. Good luck.
3 Likes

I read most of this thread , and there are some great arguments from all sides. I am f2p mainly for 5 months, I don’t feel ‘blocked’ for progression yet but not far off. I think any change to the existing loot mechanics will likely make it even more of a p2w faceroll , so I cant say I am in favor of that.
What is frustrating is the RNG can just be too cruel to some people. As @Brobb said , it’s not the end of the world if your team has to drop a few titan stars to bring up new players ( which is definitely rewarding in itself).
I am hoping that new game mechanics can introduce new and exciting ways to progress , or obtain better heroes.
With that in mind my off the wall suggestion would be to let(optionally) alliances choose a faction, Holy, nature fire , etc… Members ( would have to be for more than a trivially short time) of such an aligned faction, would have marginally increased chances of obtaining heroes and ascension items for their alliance faction speciality .
I don’t know how alliance wars works , but there would be scope to work some story and mechanics into that as well. Anyway I am looking forwards to new updates , so I am far from frustrated yet.

3 Likes

These numbers I’m giving are not accurate but the idea is still valid.

A+ is only one player. He gets 4 loot rolls for an ascension material after defeating the Titan.

C may be 15 players who get 2 loot rolls each. You would be 50% less likely to get an ascension item, but because there are so many players in the C category you are given the illusion that C has better loot odds because it is rolling 30 times as opposed to 4.

It’s a complete myth that lower damage would give you better loot.

8 Likes

I had a period of frustration after 2-3 months of playing and all my good heroes was stuck at level 60.
Then I had a wave of luck and when playing for 6 months I had 5 maxed 5* heroes and enough mats to max a couple of 4* too.
And now at 8 months of playing every day, I can work on the next in line, and I use gems for heroes not ascension packs.
Events, more rare chests and special offers is now giving a lot more opportunities of getting ascension items, than when I started playing.
I know some have played for a long time and had really bad luck and I understand their frustration.
But in this game you can get far and have fun on the the way with some patience and a good alliance.
I love this game because it’s challenging and that you need skills, patience and good alliance to make the best of it. And that F2P and P2W can enjoy it together and be competitive.

6 Likes

4* ascension items are not common off Titans at all.

Rare quests, MV, and offers are all greater influx of 4* ascension items than titans. They do drop off titans but not in appreciable frequency: can go months without seeing one, even from the biggest baddest titans in the game.

1 Like

Not proof of anything, but the A+ on my alliance’s last 10* got a Damascus blade and an orb of magic. With a B, I scored trap tools and an orb. Good things do drop, but not often.

2 Likes

Alot of players who spend money have worse team than one Who never spend and even Will not spend fore what if he have betters Cards without buying.
so its Justice ? Pay to win … so why i pay And not win nothing speccial after 50000 gems pruchase ? only 4* and slof Buff LoL very dispointing is or not ?

1 Like

Hello everyone , i read not every post but the top one’s and i havent got a problem with recruting at all , but the problem with loot is a big issue…i spoke with many players and most of them was saying that they rather have 4* heroes then 5* because it’s taking age’s big time to lvl up 5* and its almost impossible to do so unless obviously you pay money , it should be hard to lvl them up because they are the best heroes but waiting few mouths for one part and you need 4 or 5 ?.. The same with summoning the heroes for diamonds , i did summon around 15 and got only 1 4* which is annoying only with the fact that if you do want help developments by buying the diamonds you do expect to get something good more often i think , its also for our own benefit because we do want to have better heroes. So some of this i agree some of it i do not, its hard to make everyone happy but as everyone can see there is a lot of players not happy with whats happening here…

3 Likes

I am pretty sure top 15 titan damage (B score) on a 8* titan, or bottom 15 damage (C score) on a 9* titan gives you tier IX titan loot and three rolls for ascension materials ( that is an extra item or 50% more total items). With 50% more rolls (total items) you get 50% more good items

aaaaand

50% more low level items ( Edit: what most players consider crap ).

Example:
10 Tier IX titan loot gets you 30 items
compared to
10 Tier I to IIX titan loot getting you 20 items. But the rolls for each item do not get better. You just have (on average ) 50% more total 1*, 50% more total 2*, 50% more total 3* and 50% more total 4* items.

The best way to spend gems to get ascension items is to spend gems to speed up your Wanted: Monsters mission (chest) since that will give you more rare Wanted: Elemental missions (chests). The Wanted: Heroes mission (chest) is not as good a deal since it take 8 hours to regain the Raid energy to defeat 40 heroes versus the 4.5 hours it takes to regain the World energy for 100 monsters in 8-7 .

3 Likes

This. Accelerating chests has a double benefit: more rare elemental chests with excellent loot, and more chests with some chance of rare items. If you have heroes stuck waiting on ascension mats, this is a much better use of gems than rolling for more heroes.

3 Likes

To reiterate again (not necessarily at you G but at everyone), even 10* star items are really stingy with 4* ascension items. VERY STINGY. My personal rank of how many ascension items I’ve gotten from various places is:

1st. rare quests
2nd. purchases
3rd. mystic vision and elemental chests are tied for 3rd
5th: titans.

just from generally surveying things in alliance chat and discord for the 7DD families that seems to be roughly how it is for others (purchases obviously varies for ppl who spend and don’t).

@Rook - it’s correlation not causation - ppl who regularly beat 10* titans typically are either 1. spenders of varying degree, 2. veterans who’ve been playing awhile, or 3. Both. Additionally they are typically more competitive and the event winners come from this pool as well.

3 Likes

Counterpoint from a non-spender who is competitive at raiding but not very good at hitting Titans. Our alliance kills all 8* Titans and some 9* Titans. I grade out at A or B usually, very rarely A+. The vast majority of my ascension materials over the last 11 months have come from Titan kills.

2nd rare quests (they’re great, but rare)
3rd elemental chests
4th (far behind 3rd) mystic vision (yesterday gifted me poison darts - very unusual)

Edit: I just checked: I have not been playing for 11 months. I have been playing for 10 months.

Edit: Nope, I was right the first time - I have been playing for 11 months. I have been in my alliance for 10 months.

1 Like

If you’re talking 3* items like warm capes, hidden blades, etc, I’d agree. Titan loot for high level titans dwarfs other sources. But not for 4* items like Mystic Rings, etc. For a month straight of 10* titan defeats, I’d say 7dd averages less than one per person per month. Easily dwarfed by 2-4 rare quests per month.

1 Like

I got rings from a normal hero chest last week, this was the last item I needed to ascend a 5* rainbow team.
We kill mostly 8* titans and I usually end A+ or A, and they give their share of 3* ascension items, but the 4* items seem very rare indeed. I did get a damascus blade once…

I’d be interested to see some real data logging. I haven’t done it myself so I don’t have high confidence in my own opinion, but I think my experience is not consistent with what you describe.

At the very least, I can report that over the last few weeks Titans have delivered me one Tabard and one set of Rings. Not too bad.