"Skip Next War" or Notification of Next War for Opt-Outs

My alliance usually fights two wars then skips one to prevent burnout. I wish there was an easier way to skip a war without missing the one after that.

Right now I have to take the following steps each time:

• Fight War 1
  • Fight War 2
  • Turn on “opt-out” before War 3 teams are being matched.
  • Turn off “opt-out” after teams are chosen for War 3 but before War 4 opponents are being matched to keep from accidentally joining War 3 or skipping War 4.

Without any indicator for the leader’s eyes only in the settings or a message on the war tab for all to see, guessing this timeline can be hit and miss when not paying attention.

I hope for an easier way to skip a single war (and without the message being posted in chat constantly so that teams who never fight in wars won’t get annoyed.)

The new alliance banner should help you guys be able to opt out successfully. One person will have to be in charge of the notification, but it is kind of in your face.

If the intention is for the entire alliance to opt out of every third War, then the leader can just opt the alliance out instead of having each player individually opt themselves out.

There’s a setting for that in Alliance Settings:

And others have confirmed before that opting the alliance out/in doesn’t impact the War Chest, although you do need the alliance to be opted in for War for members to collect the rewards from a full chest:

2 Likes