šŸ“Æ Skadi ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

With 170% Special Skill Damage, she canā€™t kill a fully leveled Telly/Freya minion.
Skadi doesnā€™t seem to be as strong as I had expected.

Yeah this seems very poor, that hit probably wonā€™t kill the minions outright so itā€™s going to be very hard to get the situation to workā€¦ I may be wrong but Iā€™m happier with grimble for minions

@Guvnor, does the stack work for the skill power or turns? e.g. Suppose I have a max leveled Skadi and killed 3 enemies. Does that mean that if I activate her skill, the enemies will receive 90 Frost damage and -18% mana generation at the end of the turn or they will receive 30 Frost damage and -6% mana generation for 3 turns?

1 Like

The art design? One word: THICC
The character looks like sheā€™s straight on some Gears of War vibes with them big azz hands. Hands bigger than yo face! That being said, I actually donā€™t mind the design and like the blue tattoo details.

It seems like they already released a Noor counter before they even released Noor :sweat_smile:

The first one :slight_smile:

The frost damage is set as DoT (permanent :-/ ).

1 Like

Wowā€¦ Killing a bunch of minions (Telluriaā€™s, Seshatā€™s, Druidā€™s thornsā€¦) for 300 Frost damage each turn seems like a guaranteed victory.

From above, potentially. Still gotta charge her probably 2-3 times to get to that point using off-colour weak tiles soā€¦ Potentially less effective

Well, I had 2,500 coins from last month. Got Skadi. I canā€™t decide how I feel about her. When she was slow she was an easy pass. Now? Iā€™m not sure. She seems like sheā€™ll be great against a minion team. Sort of like what a hero like Grimble was supposed to be. They keep pushing minion heroes and she seems like a great counter. Sure, that might seem niche, but I am an endgame player with 30+ maxed 5s.

Think sheā€™s worth maxing?

Into my personal roster? No I wouldnā€™t beā€¦ Not when there are heroes like Lepus, Frida, Ariel 2, Issy and Magni (+costume) all waiting for telescopesā€¦

I canā€™t speak for your gameplay style nor your roster but I also personally dislike having to wait to get the full effectiveness of a hero special. For Skadi you gotta have killed lots of heroes/ minions on order to get the full effect of the stacksā€¦ Which I dislikeā€¦ Iā€™d prefer to just kill them dead lol.

5 Likes

Wait, her stack only applies if the enemies/minions are killed via her Iceberg Crushā€™s 170% dmg? Based on the description, I was under the impression that it would include all previously defeated enemies/minions during the round/attack/stage.

1 Like

My maxed 5* blues: Ariel, Frida, Alasie, Master Lepus, Finley, Miki, Vela.
Currently leveling: Magni + Costume.
Other options: Ariel2, Richard + costume, Thorne, Isarnia + Costume, King Arthur.

Ariel2 isnā€™t really an option because I always go with variety over anything else, even if a duplicate is the ā€˜betterā€™ choice.

Haha, me too! Life doesnā€™t always work out that way though! Better to be prepared :wink:

Killed enemies are including minions??

Iā€™m going to reserve judgment until some actual game reports come in. Those stack numbers sound scary on paper, but if Skadi is accumulating them by killing enemies then her team was already winning the raid. Win more mechanics can often look or feel sexy, and if thatā€™s your goal, cool. Thatā€™s a valid way to play and enjoy the game. Personally, Iā€™m all about winning the raids, so Iā€™m interested in heroes that push my win probability and Iā€™m not convinced Skadi does that.

If Skadi is getting stacks by taking out minions then (it sounds obvious, but) the defense had to already cast minions. In that case the defense is probably already well ahead and the offense has other problems (e.g., Telluriaā€™s mana slow). I can see Skadi potentially doing something to get you back to having a chance in that sort of situation.

I think a lot of the posts so far are ignoring these dynamics, though admit I could easily be wrong about the way sheā€™ll function in actual gameplay.

15 Likes

Nope; just gotta be dead by the time of casting.

Depends which partā€¦
For the ā€œadditional +70% damageā€ part, NO.
For the two stack effects, YES.

Hi Guvnor, thatā€™s not what Iā€™m seeing on my testing so far with her. The stack is only cast when her special kills something. Is this intended or a bug?

@Guvnor some screenshots to explain

1. 2 bosses in this level, one killed though tiles, skadi is at full mana, ready to go off

2. Used special, no stack on the enemy.

Iā€™m only able to get stacks if her special kills someone

1 Like

Helsing! We Are a small but funny ally, ā€œRomagna Miaā€ā€¦ We woukd like to invite You joining us ad honorary member, cause you probably are the most unlucky player in the World!

1 Like

Skadi in actionā€¦ I dont understand her specialā€¦ I dont see the residual damage for every fallen enemie

You donā€™t have anything to see. Her hit is increased per dead enemy, this does not show in her card stats as a bonus. When she used her special she did not kill a minion or enemy so no stacks were generated.

You need to hit badly wounded heroes who have a couple of weak minions in front of them, then she can get her stack in play. Oh you killed the heroes you say and have won you say, oh that means you still dont have a stack. lol

1 Like

ahhhhhh ok I understand nowā€¦ she is a complicated hero haha, thanks!

1 Like