📯 Skadi – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Yes, me too. I pair her with a costumed Kiril to help her 3/70 attack stat and it works well. Getting the stack going is one of the best feelings in the game (right up there with watching Finley suicide on a Mitsuko reflect)!

1 Like

Weird note, and was not intuitive to me (though makes sense now that I know how it works):

If blinded, Skadi can “miss” applying stacks to enemies. In my head I had assumed that the permanent stacks were not tied to the attack as it wasn’t damage or technically a status effect applied directly by the special. It is not clear to me if the hit itself has to land on each hero in order to apply the stacks or if there is a separate roll for hit/miss after the attack for each opponent.

It’s also a reason why Skadi isn’t as effective against C kadilen as she is against other minion makers. Still bring her though sometimes and hope for the best!

Wouldn’t they have to first dodge to summon the minion? Seems like a bit of a waste

True. Mostly just laziness in raids. But a skadi stack is powerful enough to use a separate AoE hero to spawn a few minions and then have skadi smash to get going!

Can there be a reason when you get a stack +1?
For example i see it sometimes with my skadi that i get a 3 stack when i Kill 2 minions for example.
Only thing that I see in common is that there is Already one enemy killed but it was Already dead and not killed by skadi.
Does this make sense?

U might missed something. Skadi gives +3 stack only if she kills 3 minions. Or when she kills 2 minions and 1 dying hero = 3 stack

1 Like

does malosi block skadis status effect?

Yes
20 Blocks from malosi

Yeah, I ascended her fully and since then Telluria is only roadkill. So is Seshat. Going atk>def>HP on her grid of course. And last time when fighting enemy Ariel got mana slow from c-Vivica on top of 8 stacks, so her mana barely moved even after getting hit by 3 tiles. She’s superb on offense for minion-based teams, and also great finisher given her special’s attack raises with decreasing number of enemies.

1 Like

Skadi is able to bypasses vanda anti ailments protection

1 Like

I guess a stack isn’t considered a status ailment then?

Seems so

Stacks are “stacks”. They currently can only be cleared by war equalizer or dying and being revived/resurrected.

I’m sure we’ll see a stack cleanser before the end of Q1

Of note, malosi can currently block them.

1 Like

This!! Definitely This!! I hunt Tell with a Blue mono team now, just because of Skadi.

1 Like

Skadi’s special stacks with other mana speed regeneration specials.

Normally I use a 3-2 or 4-1 set up, so this is going to take some time to adjust (fun). My skadi isn’t maxed yet and loving her already

At least one more way to remove - Ameonna/Stonecleave can remove stacks from themselves.

I could see a stack cleanser coming out next year, will find out though. As niche as that ability might be I could see it given to some HotM while budgeting away some of their damage/healing in compensation. Or maybe they will want to add to a specific portal to be chased with $$$, but all the event revamps are done I think unless we start moving onto v3 ones.

1 Like

Good addition :+1:t2:

And I’m sure we’ll see a v3 refresh for 2021. I think they’re adding too many new heroes too fast but that seems like their MO lately.

1 Like

After using Skadi in like 200 consecutive Raids:

One of my strongest Heroes.
My Raid team is blue mono: Isarnia 20, Ariel 18, Vela 19, Alasie 19, Skadi 19.
I actually love to take on Telluria teams now. Killing the Telluria minions with Skadi is so good.
So far I got up to 7 kills in one go. That DoT damage done by Skadi for the minions/heroes killed never ends and that is something unseen in this game. It is actually the best DoT in the game.
The mana generation redustion is also very good.
The only synergy breaking fact is that I cannot fire Isarnia before Skadi since I need Skadi to kill the minions first but even so she is cool.
Absolutely worth giving her emblems.
I plan to switch Vela with Glenda soon, so my damage gets another boost. Looking forward to that.

5 Likes