šŸ“Æ Skadi ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I definitely agree that the additional damage per each dead enemy is nice. While it is true Skadi will do like 450% dmg if there is only 1 target left, I actually donā€™t think itā€™s that high for average speed snipe, especially at 696 attack. Itā€™s a bit lower than King Arthur (468% with 708 attack). Also, by the time there is only 1 enemy left, HER stack is essentially irelevant.

Sumle on the other hand will do 515% dmg with 711 attack if there is only 1 enemy left on a raid, albeit at 80% accuracy.

https://youtu.be/8-Mq7GLdrsE

@Guvnor In this video, enemies are dead and no stacks are being given. Is there a reason why?

1 Like

As mentioned previously, Skadiā€™s stack only applies when her own Special skill kills enemies/minions. In the video shown, Skadiā€™s special never killed any enemies, hence, no stacks.

3 Likes

I know this is not the heart of your question, but isnā€™t Skai a she?

Interesting; donā€™t recall it working that way in betaā€¦ :confused:

Thanks for video @AndyBSG

Oops, Iā€™ll get it in a sec :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed! Sumle is awesomeness! Just a a shake that Skadi is comparable to a 4 star hero of the same seasonā€¦

Yeah she is a she; I addressed it a couple of posts below haha

Iā€™m a bit confused hereā€¦ reading this it would suggest skadi would add stacks regardless of how a minion or enemy was killed, her skill being the one that killed or not, and that would make sense with previous beta talk about herā€¦ but now Iā€™m seeing that her special has to kill in order to create stacks? Thatā€™s crazy to time and thereā€™s no reason for the special to talk about the turn thenā€¦ is this a bug? Am I missing something?

3 Likes

I agree. If she has to kill the enemy to get the stack then sheā€™s useless. Her low attack will take forever and it would be impossible to reach a 10 stack.

Skadi is the current Legendary Featured Hero from Valhalla, at 0.3% odds getting her.

Next Valhalla, she isnā€™t featured, hence she will be among the pool of Legendary Season III Heroes (the 9th: Fenrir, Heimdall, Freya, Sif, Norns, Alfrike, Tyr, Baldur and Skadi; not in order), with odds at 1.3%. 9 Legendary Season III heroes at 1.3% odds, getting her would be at 0.14% odds. I am saving my Valhalla coins until all S3 heroes are released. I have a ton of projects that needed my attention and getting them S3 legendaries will only fill empty hero slots, I donā€™t wanna buy them extra slots again.

Sorry. I am not in beta and I didnā€™t research. This was posted before the actual release of the hero in the live game. I was ignorant about the gender of Skadi that I thought the name is masculine enough to warrant a ā€œHEā€. She looks like a ā€œHEā€ though. She reminds me of some Dragon Ball character I just canā€™t put a finger on.

I am in the same boat with you as of now. I really donā€™t know how her skill works and how that can be optimized and get the best synergy with other heroes. One thing is sure though, I donā€™t have her.

3 Likes

I might as well save until Odin and Thor are released lol. Maybe at least until Frigg

1 Like

I could see synergy with c-Kiril so long as sheā€™s able to kill minions with the defense down alone, but Iā€™m not certain on the damage numbers, havenā€™t tested myself. I just figured sheā€™d have additional synergy with other heroes same turn, but rereading it, Iā€™m not so sure anymoreā€¦ seems intended for just her skill, so hopefully she can kill minions at 170% or maybe pair with zela and Kiril have double dot, double hitā€¦ anyway interested to see if folks use and like her, I use sumle and Iā€™ve liked him, without a miss chance and a chance at stack canā€™t be that bad?.. unsure.

1 Like

I tend to turn away and ignore heroes like this that has a complicated skillset. I rather wait for others to provide their views and opinions, while others countering them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skadi isnā€™t very good, the stacks only appears when she kill someone with her special, I thought I could kill one or two enemies with other heroes and after activate her special and then the stacks should appears, but not. And if kill someone with her special, on the next weave the stacks dissapears. This make Skadi useless vs Ursana because there are no enemies to kill, so how can i use my stacks here?. The only enemies where I can use Skadi are the enemies that summons minions, otherwise where can i kill 10 enemies to acumulate my 10 stacks?
And in the events (like Pirates of Corellia, etc), the last weave of the final levels has 3 bosses, i need kill one boss with her special to active only one stack.
I know that otherwise it would be very powerful, but how she is now I donā€™t know how use all her power (against telluria I think)

1 Like

Hi, i need some help understanding this hero:
1: lets assume i killed 3 enemys (in a map stage) then i cast the ability on the second group once, do they take 303 damage each turn? or 0 because her ability did not kill any enemis on both the first and second groups? same question about her mana ā€œdegenerationā€ for enemies.
2: lets assume again that i killed the first group of 3 enemies (without using her ability) now im on the second group of enemies (still on a map stage) and i cast her ability twice, does she deal (30
3)2 cause of iteration each turn? and that can become (303)10 if i cast her 10 times? (assuming that enemies can heal their self or anyway they survive 10 times her ability); same for mana ā€œdegenerationā€ it can become (63)*10 it would be 900 damage per turn+ 180% mana degeneration. Now hope you guys understood what i cant understand and can answer me, btw thank for attention.

So I looted her this morning with 100 coins. Honnestly I donā€™t think iā€™l level her considering her special ability is very unlikely to happen. Maybe a bug as suggested by some as it was like this during the beta test.
Today she is absolutely not worth it.

I thought she looked familiar, and now I know whyā€¦

image image

16 Likes

hi all, again, i would ask to any1 who got skadi + beta testers if could share a video where they do a map stage or even raid with skadi that use her ability. Yes i know that beta testers canā€™t share videos of beta, but if it is a video of a hero that is already live should not be a problem isnā€™t it? Do not want any1 to get in trouble cause of me, but anyway thanks for listening to me.

There are such videos posted in this very thread. Just scroll up.

:joy::joy::ok_hand:

I love this lineā€¦

1 Like

I love complicated heroes - when you get the max out of them, they can be quite OPā€¦
The fact that itā€™s not easily and consistently possible is what brings them back from the brink and prevents them from being OP in practice.

I also love AoE fullstop, so this girl being complex and AoE is definitely up my street - if I pulled her, Iā€™d definitely level her.

I do think sheā€™s got potential, especially against minions and when combined with defence down and attack up (in my case, Wilbur+BK, possibly).

1 Like

Thx. I get various associations here