šŸ“Æ Skadi ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

First time iā€™m trying her with that war bonus instead of vela as right flank and I expect her to be good.

I used her in rush attack as right wing and my defense performed very well although I think it was more due to Alfrike.

Hang on, I mistyped, I put her on the right wing. You guys reckon this would work too? My thinking was that it takes longer for her to charge, so she potentially has more minions she can killā€¦

I was using skadi and Wu together. I used Wuā€™s skill before skadi on three enemies. then I noticed that she killed one target and missed two, the two enemies didnā€™t receive the stack of the killed enemy. This caught me off guard as I always thought the stack applied regardless. Has anyone brought this up yet?

Are you sure the enemy died by Skadiā€™s specia skill and not a DOT or minion hit or anything else? If so, then thatā€™s a bugā€¦unless they had some ailment protection or something.

Works that way with any / all blind ailments.

Skadi still needs to ā€œhitā€ the target to apply the stacks.

Itā€™s the same as status ailments in that regard. If you fire Azlar or Isarnia and ā€œmissā€ one of the enemies, they donā€™t take the damage nor do they get the Burn/ Def Down ailments either.

2 Likes

Imo skadi is one of the most powerful heroes in the game. She is one of a few unique heroes that gives you thestrong text flexibility to play rainbow successfully in upper diamond - provided you take on a 5x minion summoner at rank (preferably tel). You build a support cast around her to keep her alive and to combat enemy specials and as long as she fires once or twice the stack attack will whittle everyone down even if she dies

Here are 5 rainbow raiding examples after finally maxing her and max embleming her so she can fire her special in 9 tiles with my lvl 17 troop

This one v bera

This last one v freya

3 Likes

No I was doing the class quests with Wu and skadi and those were normal monsters. It happened so fast but I realised the survivors didnā€™t receive any stacks if it missed them.

I thought stacks work differently from ailments. This is very inconsistent now because you canā€™t cleanse them and yet they are subjected to the regular blind ailments too?

They are, but itā€™s like a special skill with damage and an ailment. Sometimes, with dodge, the first part (the damage) may hit, but the second part (the stack/ailment) may miss. They are both considered different things, but they follow the same rules.

Yeah. That was a post way back in June when Skadi was first released, questioning whether she was better than Vela, who was not yet nerfed at that time I believe. I donā€™t have her and those prized S3 heroes. And I already faced her several times in raids and in wars. Not really impressed on her on defense, maybe because she usually is among the first 2-3 defending heroes I get to kill due to her reputation. Maybe she is good on offense. But I see several threads and posts complaining about some glitch on her skills.

I know that was a very early post, I wasnā€™t responding specifically to you but rather generically

I havenā€™t experienced a glitch, and even if there is one that is outside of my experience, Iā€™ll take her warts and all. I CAN PLAY

rainbow2

because of her!

aaa

Okay. Must be a bug then on my Google Chrome.

Ok let me clarify - physically speaking I replied to your post but spirtiually speaking I was replying to the universe

1 Like

Gotcha !! 20 chars of HNY !!

HNYTYT!!!
(Yes this is a complete sentence forum validation wizard)

1 Like

Sheā€™s frightening in minions wars and maybe rush attack wars otherwise Vela is superior to her in defense :wink:

I see. On paper, she doesnā€™t seemed to be that impressive, especially with her low attack stat, etc. But I hear (or read) a lot of people vouching for her. She must be very good on offense then. But if you guys have a chance to pull 1st Finley, 1st Cobalt, 1st Lord Loki, 1st Krampus and 1st Skadi, who would you max first for offense?

Cobalt would be #1, Finley #2. Skadi has great niche use thoughā€¦but she is niche.

Depends what you forecast to be the meta moving forward. If defense is taken out of the picture, I take Skadi without batting an eye if you believe Telluria (or Krampus, for that matter) to be the meta moving forward. If you donā€™t forsee a summoner being top meta for defenses the answer is Finley, followed closely by either Skadi (who still is a near guaranteed minion war win) or Loki.

I have her at +20 she is amazing in offense. My win rate against telluria with her in the team is 99%.

But if you ask I would still level finley before her cause he is so OP in both offense and defense.

As for the other ones my choice if I had to choose between them would depend of the emblems I could give them.