🏅 [Sixth Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on Raid Tournament Matchmaking

Moderator’s Note

This thread will automatically open when the Tournament’s first day of battle begins.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 27 hours.

OT question @zephyr1
Where’s the Trials of Decimation thread? :innocent: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Farholme, Trial, Tuornament, AW… :man_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

@Olmor Here you go: [May 22, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Decimation Guide & Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

1 Like

+Atlantis hard to complete for upcoming rising…

1 Like

I’ll pass on it, instead I’ll go farming during the rise and continue hard mode when it sink back.

How does defense matchmaking works? I have been beaten 4 times in a row with no sign of decreasing opppents’s power? Do I need day change before opponents getting weaker?

1 Like

This is to be expected. most likely SG will have to adapt this and make the matchmaking different like: at the beggingin , attacking best team should be a bit lower than defending best team (team power of first strongest 5).

Because I expect that people will start getting some wins in like day 3… maybe?

As I take down 6/10, 4k+ top 100 teams with my 3400 mono team… same thing happens here - and here i can go 3 2 easily :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Been attacked 4 times by teams hugely more powerful… don’t stand a chance of getting out of E grade now for the whole tournament so I’m stuffed i guess.

1 Like

Same here. Each tournament my results are getting worse.

First was the best, finished 1A, then 1-5A, then 5B and a 5A.

Now I have a strong defense and lots of good epics and the result is 25E so far.

Strange…

2 Likes

My last opponent fielded a defense team of roughly 2500 with 3 epics in the middle and two 1* in the wings (somebody didn’t read the change log :wink:) . But he gave me the most poinst. So on paper he was the strongest? Well thanks for putting a sh*tty defense, I guess. But still it makes me wondering how the points are distributed.

No attacks on my defense so far :thinking:

2 Likes

What is your tourney defense team power?

So far its SG Tournament 6 Serious 0 in Defense dept, and Serious 2 SG Tournament 3 in Offense. Last time I at least Won a few battles. Think when I get taken down 1 more time I will quit. Not worth it to me for the loot that I would Win in the tier I would finally end up in, to spend any gems for. This set of rules is against my current teams so if this comes again, I will not take part.

Am seeing more stacked teams w 2 or 3 same color heros. My defense is not going to Win against that. And at this stage, I am not deep enough in 4* to not get killed each time.

My defense power is 3499 :wink: but my maximum tp is slightly higher than that, about 30 points more. There are surely stronger teams out there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It still doesn’t feel like a tournament to me. In that you don’t have the number one deeds go head to head right away. Now I don’t want the bottom players to go against top tier players and have them feel frustrated and not get to enjoy the game either. What I think should happen is that the first fight should be against someone in the bottom 20% if you win you go against someone in the next 20%. If you loose you go against someone in the next lower bracket. Kind of like a quadruple elimination tournament. One the second day have everyone start in the 20 a 40% bracket with the same up down bracket progression based on performance.

1 Like

@zephyr1 Thanks man :+1:

1 Like

@Empirepuzzles73

I have a suggestion which might solve the the issue of making it fair for everyone’s defense teams getting a chance at being raided thus making the competition/torni more towards skill.

In normal raids we get a chance to revenge, we all know that.

Why not make it so that once your matched against an opponent and you win/lose then that becomes the opponent your attack with your defense team.

This does many things,
A) removes the fact that some players get raided once, 3, 12 times keeping all even, equal and fair .

B) everyone defense only gets hit and even 20 times, the same amount as they do attacks, so you don’t attack you have no one that attacks you back.

Again 1 for 1 fair, even and unbois.

This way the match making is only used by the attacking team.

So your attacking their defense team, that players defense team then becomes the team you attack back.
Hope it doesn’t sound to comfusing.

What do you think guys, Y/N