šŸ§­ Sixth Path of Valor (Valour; PoV6) Log and Discussion ā€“ Starts Nov 23

Been playing since July 2018 and have fully ascended 22 5* heroes with the mats for another 3 waiting to see what I pull on this next Valhalla before deciding which heroes to ascend. Once I use up those mats, Iā€™ll have at least 4 of each remaining while I wait on 4 to 6 of each of the other 4* materials to accumulate for additional ascensions.

I guess Iā€™ve been more fortunate with collecting these as I have collected 29 of each in a little less than 2-1/2 years.

Youā€™re very fortunate, most people have some imbalance and itā€™s a running joke among top players (Iā€™m not one) that there are never enough Damascus blades or tomes. I have 18 tonics, 19 telescopes, 6 rings, 8 darts, 11 tabards, 8 tomes and 0 blades. If I had 8 Damascus blades I could fully ascend 8 heroes today, I have enough waiting.

Tomes and Damascus blades arenā€™t offered for rare titan bonus drop, not available in POV, arenā€™t available in any of the seasonal events for final level completion, are never in the top 1000 of rare events or top 500 of epic events, whereas all the other materials are. Only sometimes in legendary top 100+ or sometimes top 10 or 100 in rare/epic. So opportunities for these particular 4* mats are scarce.

4 Likes

Scarce for sure, but as you only need 1 each to ascend a hero, not significantly underbalanced if you think of it this way. You need 30 of the other AM materials as compared to 10 blades and tomes to ascend 5 heroes. To keep a reasonable balance, they should be less accessible. If youā€™re regularly finishing high in the challenge events, then thatā€™s creating a bit of a skew that should be corrected there rather than elsewhere.

My imbalance is elsewhere - my total haul on other 4 star mats looks like this:
Mysterious Tonic - 39 (currently 3)
Poison Darts - 31 (currently 7)
Royal Tabard - 31 (currently 7)
Farsight Telescope - 30 (currently 6)
Mystic Rings - 24 (currently 0)

I would love to have moved 6 of those Tonics to Mystic Rings, as I have two duplicate 5-star nature heroes fully ascended and a Fire waiting on mats that could take a full year to accumulate :slight_smile:

Earlier in my roster building, I had a huge disparity in Compasses versus Fine Gloves that drove me crazy trying to ascend my 4* heroes while maintaining enough stock for 5* ascension as well. Now I have more Fine Gloves than Compasses. Hopefully, you will have a similar run on Blades while knowing that youā€™ll be able to ascend a 5-star at least every other month for the next year-plus which isnā€™t a horrible thing.

1 Like

@Vino Thanks for this list of PoV emblems order!

I do compete and often make top 200-1000 getting 4* mats, but never have I got a tome or d-blade. The majority of my Damascus have come from Farholme Pass, but I would love to Max more than 7 5* a year (thatā€™s roughly what it works out to) and about what Iā€™m on par with.

Thereā€™s no progress with out either one of those materials, whereas if youā€™re low on scopes, rings or tabards, you still have darts and telescopes to fall back on.

Maybe weā€™re straying a little from the main topic here, but I think they have purposely held back on these materials so that you are forced to purchase them (they are most often available in the most expensive offers). Even Guv mentioned above that the response from SG was that they werenā€™t interested in including them in POV, why is that?

Unless you are a top competing player, you will run a shortage of tome/Damascus before you have less than 6 of all other 4* AMs, mark my word. And if thatā€™s not the case, you are the minority.

Oddly this has never been an issue for me. Iā€™ve always had plenty of D-Blades and Tomes for ascending my 5*, to the point that Iā€™ve skipped Farholme at least three times without blinking an eye. Thereā€™s not much on the forum regarding this phenomenon, but I did find one post that seems to support the assertion that for many D-Blades are particularly difficult to come byā€¦

While I donā€™t have enough AMā€™s to level all of my 5* heroes, itā€™s not the D-Blades and Tomes that are holding me back.

Tomes and blades have been in POV before just not in this one. They all rotate.

No tomes or D-Blades in PoV to date.

1 Like

Any idea why is it so often? Is it just coz of money?
:thinking:

So often? Itā€™s every two months. Less frequent than most other events which are monthly :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s just on a continuous cycle :slight_smile: more opportunity to get good stuff

I am playing now for 7-8 months already and still no Red 4* troopsā€¦ donā€™t have more chances if I buy rather than gain tokens to summon?:innocent:

More chances, but not better. You can increase odds of a 4-star by summoning during Ninja event in mid-December as you get the normal 10% plus 5% chance at a 4-star Ninja troop.

1 Like

Iā€™d also like to ask if in the future, could we see a titan flask or 2 instead of raid flasks on the POV Pass, please? We get so many raid flasks from general chest challenges and other loot that itā€™s definitely one of the items that make buying the pass less worth it. I definitely like the Orichalcum Nuggets this time. However, paying for raid flasks is overkill and getting at least one titan flask is definitely worth getting!!! Thanks!

3 Likes

Same issue for me as far as adding a new bug. My path of valor challenges ( not the daily challenges, but the larger more long term challenges) are not renewing. I have two that I completed two days ago and they are still not refreshed.

You completed itā€¦that is itā€¦

6 Likes

Anyone wondering why @Monkey20 has 52 Titans when the PoV lasts 50 days?

Itā€™s because Titans appear every 23 hours so thereā€™s 50 hours extra giving time for 2 more :grin: (or 3 if you are really, really, really lucky with timing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

Nice chart :+1:, I use something similar to see where I think I can get.

1 Like

26 posts were split to a new topic: PoV Complete Daily Valor Challenge Changed Mid PoV6

You can also use my google spreadsheet form to keep track of your progress in (near) real time. Simply make a copy and input your values in the form: Path of Valor progress sheet

1 Like

PoV 7 looks to be starting on the 18th of Jan. Iā€™ll have a new PoV thread up and running in the next day or two. Hopefully

6 Likes

Which is great news as some calendars had the best guess start date as the 25th.

Starting on the 18th should mean that the Masquerade is included, so a running start to the ā€œSummon X Heroesā€ challenge for many people (myself included :grin:)

Letā€™s hope that Masquerade doesnā€™t move and there is a ā€œSummon X Heroesā€ challenge this time !!

6 Likes