🐰 Sir Roostley – 5* Holy/Yellow from Springvale

New Springvale Hero in 2020: Sir Roostley!

Sir Roostley

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Paladin
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 839 783 1451
4/90 960 896 1661
Origin Family
Springvale Springvale
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Luminous Lance
  • Deals 310% damage to the target.
  • The attack chains through all enemies that are adjacent to any hit enemy.
  • The caster gets -20% attack for 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sir Roostley?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sir Roostley.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sir Roostley and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sir Roostley worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sir Roostley on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sir Roostley?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sir Roostley as an opponent?

• Would you give Sir Roostley Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Sir Roostley’s special?

• What do you think of Sir Roostley’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sir Roostley and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sir Roostley, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sir Roostley when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sir Roostley, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sir Roostley (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sir Roostley), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Seasonal Event Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 4.9% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Legendary Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 39 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 598
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by pull 919

Putting that in Perspective

• 61 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 610,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero by the 598th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 598 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Seasonal Legendary Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

• Hero Card Index Thread - coming soon

Other Springvale heroes:

Beta Information

Springvale 2020 Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sir Roostley (post release)

:question: Is Sir Roostley worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Sir Roostley would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Sir Roostley’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Secondary Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Sir Roostley compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Sir Roostley’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Sir Roostley worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Sir Roostley is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Sir Roostley is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

I think he’s a mixed bag, but he’s interesting and kinda cool… And I like interesting hero’s

2 Likes

Just pulled him, checked his special and it looks very interesting, he can wipe out the opposite team.
I will pair him with Gazelle. It will be nuclear weapon.
Edit: Gazelle negates his attack debuff :grin:

9 Likes

Got him but already have Telluria so I think I cannot give him emblems… Why He is Paladin​:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Took me 10 EHT to get him.

7 Likes

so what exactly does chain through mean? lets say he is on defense and hits my center hero. then damage goes to flanks. no % success and no damage reduction? now flanks are hit - where does it go? does it go from left flank to left wing and back to center? and so on and so forth? when does it stop chaining?

If you hit left flank, the damage will go left wing and center, right flank and right wing. Every heroes only can be hit by once.

1 Like

It chains until its a gap. So if you have full team he will attack them all. If your left flank is dead and he attacks the tank it will affect your tank, right flank and right wing.

7 Likes

I got hím for the first pull. I have Malosi Poseidon And him waiting for the darts:D What do you recommend who should I ascend first?

1 Like

Possibly dumb but… Does he chain in both directions?
So if I target the Tank, the attack will chain all heroes, or does it just go from left to right, so in that case, he would target Tank > R Flank > R Wing ??

He chains both directions

3 Likes

Ok perfect thanks so that’s good for defense too

1 Like

So Killhare does 300% to all no matter what. Roostley does 280% to the target and than chains to addiacent targets. Isn’t killhare way better???.

1 Like

think the debuff of killhare is wayyyy more painful…

2 Likes

What are the thoughts on Paladin emblems for him? I know it depends on rest of heroes and overall team makeup. I have Richard (+costume) and Justice as my Paladin emblems and am not sure if I will be able to get anything better.

He has higher attack stats.

2 Likes

Compared to killhare, roostley seems to be better in defense, and not as good in offense

Because:
After you (normally at first) kill the tank, roostley will be a middle mana 280% hitter on two targets. And most of the time middle mana will be to slow to fire while 5 enemies are standing.

Killhares debuff can greatly be outplayed with grazul, blackknight or best case jeanfrancoise.
But that needs good timing.
In a defense I think killhare is tricky, although she even has 40% more special damage than ursena. WOW!

Personally, had no luck. My wife has jean and killhare… roostley is fair, killhare is great.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Possible talent paths + full levelled epic troops combinations.

7 Likes

I’m loving the new Heroes, very creative. This one in particular with the chain effect seems very interesting. Hopefully I can pull some of them.