📯 Sif – Season 3 Hero – 5* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Sif!

:bar_chart: Stats

Sif

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Rogue
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Gold Weaver
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 100% of the damage received for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies reduce all received damage by 50% for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Sif from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sif?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sif.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sif and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sif worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sif on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sif?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sif as an opponent?

• Would you give Sif Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Sif’s special?

• What do you think of Sif’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sif and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sif and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sif when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sif, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sif (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sif), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Non-Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Sif.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Sif by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Sif by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sif

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Sif by the 2073rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sif

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

8 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sif (post release)

Is Sif worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Sif would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Sif’s Primary Purpose is?

• Defensively Geared Survival Hero
  • Defensively Geared Support Hero
  • Offensively Geared Survival Hero
  • Offensively Geared Support Hero

0 voters

What do you think of Sif compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Sif’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Sif worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Sif is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Sif is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

5 Likes

If the received damage is reduced then how will the counter attack will have an impact ? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

The damage reduction happens after the counterattack — so you get the benefits of both.

The counterattack amount will always be the full amount.

28 Likes

This! It’s bloody awesome!!

8 Likes

Adding in that Sif is the one 5* hero in the current release that I’d love to get!!

Alfrike later on maybe but Sif I’d love to get from this first release pool

5 Likes

I got Sif however it’s weird that her lvl 1 special has -64% reduced damage and her lvl 8 had only -50%

1 Like

That was a bug, and has been fixed.

Just restart your app.

3 Likes

Yeih got her.
Hope to lvl her fast. Will take some time (im more new - lvl 28 atm)
Had not a single reflector until now, really happy to have a 5☆ ref now!
Shes a tank of course, right?
My team atm (left to right) is rigard / kingston / boldtusk / triton / justitia — how would you suggest to change when adding sif? Just instead of boldtusk? Or dismiss rigard or one of the snipers?
Somehow special of reflect from sif and special dismiss from justitia is also not perfect together. But i have no other leveld multi damage hero.

Oh yes, I need her! She’ll be my BK’s best friend. Better than Elena in that pair and she has an average mana.

1 Like

My exact same thought… that‘s ehy i wanted her and i got her on my first 10 pull… so happy about it

1 Like

Except that combined with BK, that’s two heroes with no direct damage, and if BK’s special is on, Sif’s riposte is not as effective… so maybe not the ideal combination.

BK + counter = perfectest combination ever!

I’ve posted it elsewhere on the BK threads so habehave a look for it but here’s a teaser

13 Likes

Does BK’s special actually combine the damage that would have been caused before the reflect happens, then? I wonder if it is actually working as intended.

1 Like

Yup it does and yup it is :slight_smile:

Sif is a better option than Elena as her damage reduction offers a fail-safe if the flesh wound doesn’t trigger.

9 Likes

I stand corrected, then.

It’s definitely nice that the damage reduction happens after the riposte with Sif. Having two utility heroes while none of them are healers is not quite my style of play, but definitely something to ponder. Elena does have the color stacking advantage when combined with BK, and she deals damage, so that combination would have my preference (theoretically).

2 Likes

You are right that it offers several options, all with pro & cons, depending on your playstyle.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of slow mana heroes. Sif being an average mana hero, meaning she can be charged in 9 tiles with proper mana troop if remember correctly.
Also she has the mana generation bonus, speeding the things after the first use of her special. Can definitely be a “fun” way to play in offense, not by attacking directly but throwing tiles and counter-attacking!

Wow I don’t have bk but I will say sif and qoh is an awesome combination :slight_smile: gonna have fun with this

2 Likes

I’ve added Sif’s damage reduction buff to the Status effects guide:

Note that this buff can be pierced by rangers :bow_and_arrow:

5 Likes

So my new def is almost maxed and now I got Sif…what shall I do with her :thinking:
Atm I’m running MN - BK - Ursena - Drake - Vela. Maybe Drake out for her, but then there won’t be that synergy with BK…
I have some time to think about, once my second set of 5* is maxed, the 4* and costumes are the next in order.

Oh Rogue. I only have Scarlett and Kelile and many Rogue emblems. And Margaret 1/1 :person_shrugging:

1 Like