Shuffle war strategy

Which are the “greater” ones?

If they’re switchin between alliances, odds are they’re still dropping titans if switchin stronger players with newer players unless their playin full time alts but even then odds of more than 5 to 10 people having an alt each to keep up with titans over 10* is slim unless they’ve already been in the game for a long time or spent a ton of cash which in either case they could be stringing bigger titans and manipulating war chests by just dropping from 30 to 29 members or 30 to 28,27, etc

I don’t see any way around it being a losing situation. Possibly a select few are killing titans over 10* and doin the alliance swap trick succesfully without dropping titans but i would expect it to be a very low %, low enough to be non issue for most of their opponents has they only face them once in a great while, sometimes once period

Exploit? Yup. Beneficial exploit? Not really. Chance of some diehards more clever than others to make it most beneficial? .0001% probly but not clever enough to accomplish the same goal in much easier ways

I meant “fuller” ones. I’ve seen it one time, there were at least 2 alliances, the players had a strength from 3,7 k to > 4k. I think it’s easer to switch between alliances than to create them new for 30-60 (or even more) players.

All 60 were 3700 to 4k?

That was, what I remembered, but that wasn’t correct. The war participants had that TS. The alliances are (atm) made up from lvl 67 down to lvl 24. Some of the higher players certainly never switched, some of them did. The lvl 67 joined one day before. Switches are 21-24 days, 8 days, 3 days, 1 day.
I just have this one example, we’re not high enough to see “manipulation” things often (this was the alliance with the spy and the shuffle of the war board, they take it serious, so I think the shuffling of members is also war related).

With that kind of gap between player levels, the switches still hurt them titan wise than having all the strongs in 1 team, stringing 14s, and dropping from 30/30 to 29/30 every 4th war or so

Wrong target

Sorry if you read the above as a personal attack.

It was intended as strong condemnation of the current matchmaking algorithm.

It was aimed at the Devs who might read this topic.

Math

This is true of raiding with 1* to 4* Heroes since raiding trophies use Elo’s math for matchmaking.

In my opinion, and other opinions, not using Elo’s math for war matchmaking means alliances will not self adjust to a 50% win / 50% loss record.

Fixed seeds and bounded adjusting

So SGG generates a fixed seed using the roster of the players involved.

The fixed seed is adjusted for 10 wins to 10 losses ( temporary increased to 20 wins to 20 losses )

Wins greater than 10 ( temporary 20 ) are ignored.

Losses greater than 10 ( temporary 20 ) are ignored.

K-Factor

If Individual war energies / war battles used Elo’s rating then the brilliance of Elo’s K-Factor would shine.

This would be similar to individual chess game wins/ loss/ ties.

The K-Factor is rendered null because war matchmaking always has same war score.

This is similar to giving an entire chess club, of thirty members, one matchmaking rating, and adjusting it once per month.

1 Like

Titans

In 2+ years, Gryphonkit ( my wife ) and I have never fought a 10*, or higher. titan.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of players are killing what titans.

The Perfect is the enemy of the good

Having thought about this, I think you are correct. My recent anger over 1* / 2* tournaments seems to have brought up all my unresolved issues with Empires.

It is the same as trophy dropping. There are advantages, and disadvantages, to trophy dropping. Just like there are advantages, and disadvantages, to not trophy dropping. Each player decides if they want to trophy drop.

Hopefully the Devs will increase it to 104 wins and 104 losses.

As far as 30/30 matchmaking goes, i do feel it’s rather fair outside of 1 particular exploit but i only know that in the top end.

The war swapping i suspect goes beyond top 100 and i can’t track that.

Just like i can’t say matchmaking is fair outside of the top 100 cause i wouldnt know. I don’t have matches to compare, scores to compare, alliances to track up n down etc

So it may just be top end fair

If it’s unfair after the top 100 then improvements could be made, if it’s similar fairness aa in the top then i see no reason to make major adjustments to how alliances are matched but instead alter the way war chest points are accumulated to deter exploits(similar to what they did with raid arenas to deter cup dropping)

I would love to see this.

Several people have expressed doubt in this strategy for alliances getting titan loot tier 9+.

Does anyone know the titan decay formula ( escapes )?

We know at some point they tweaked the titan growth formula.

I’m collecting some data atm on this whole thing in terms of the trade off of loot from titans vs. raid chest benefit.

I’m 2 cycles down and have the data from 2 players (effectively 4 cycles)

Will look at maybe doing a 3rd so I got 6 cycles in total for comparison…

Stay tuned?

1 Like

My own version is just like this:

• 2 alliances (both of them has as leader my alt accounts)
  • exploit the 12 hrs titan system jumping to one to another when war is not up (eventually escapes help me with matchmaking)
  • win 5 war in a row
  • delete that alliance and build another with my alt account gems (win ratio again at 0)
  • win other 5 and so on…

More easy :woman_shrugging:

Whet are they gaining/losing as far as rewards go?

Alright got pretty much all the data. Just need the last war chest to finalise the numbers :wink:

Will publish all tomorrow

Nevermind, I got the data I needed

Have a look see at the results here:

@princess1, @Gryphonknight, @Elpis, @Mr.Spock, @Richter

1 Like

And because this statement was overlooked in this thread … my thoughts go out to you during this difficult time.

3 Likes

@svampbob continuing your question concerning AW and players joining right before war and leave afterwards.
My suggestion is that those are drifter and/or mercs. Due to Path of Valor they need War participation which insist to be part of an alliance during war. Guess that’s what happening here. Most mercs don’t fight war as they are hopping around to often and would harm the alliance they were in during matchmaking.

1 Like

@Sorsha Okay. Im beginning to understand it more and more now :slight_smile: This war shuffeling was something new for me, but I agree with you thats likely not what we have seen, and that they are just jumping around. Just felt weird that this happended so often with russian alliances and thought that they maybe have found someway to exploit the AW system. The ones jumping around are most often very powerful.

Yes…the strategy earlier mentioned by others is not new but if I understood you right, this happens with your alliance recently so maybe since about a few weeks, when Valor started…