Show remaining titan flags/attacks on players profile for each member of alliance, and total remaining for all members

thanks zephyr :slight_smile:

1 Like

@zephyr1 n which alliance are you btw?

Off topic for this thread, but The Pirate Horde

1 Like

omg yes plssssssssss!

1 Like

Well, the second part of my message that you didn’t quote says that I check out who hasn’t attacked a titan to encourage that person to attack. If they don’t want to attack is their wish.

I’m not a militar that orders everyone to attack, otherwise they are out of the alliance the first time they miss a titan.

Cheers for you too

1 Like

ur have my vote! thanks.

1 Like

Love the idea-got a vote here too.

As to @Ozy1’s comments, keeping notes on alliance members isn’t some terrible thing, I and others in my alliance do the same. In fact we have a guy that I assigned that exact duty to because he is as “into” this game as the rest of our tribe and has the most time on his hands to do it. Keeping track of folks participation may not be for you and your alliance, but criticizing those that do isn’t right either. If you have a group of like minded people trying to grow and get stronger, fight higher level Titans, etc they will begin Leaving your alliance because you allow slackers to continually get away with doing the bare minimum. Took too long to get a good group together, I’m not going to lose good people for fear of being “too militarized”.

Edit: I don’t pretend to have any “control” over anyone’s playstyle, but I can control them bringing down the morale of the rest of my alliance by removing them if need be. Most players like that leave on their own now, within a day or two of reading our “gung ho” chat lol, but that wasn’t always the case.

1 Like

Yes I have no problems of keeping track of those participating as we have the same rules and keep track of it as our policy is hit the titan daily. That is necessary for the reasons you mentioned above and this is already there when titan results are posted on our boards as none hitters will show a 0.

But this below is another matter

And this

These reasons I disagree with. These are about wanting to display stats and make decisions based on players strengths.

That is what I don’t agree with for the sake the OP’s request.
Plus I am sure SG would see this as having privacy issues.

Cheers

Don’t see any harm in having this knowledge generally available in an alliance. As it is something you could calculate if you keep track of the titan attack logs. What actually be wrong with asking specific people if they please could put an additional attack in.

I understand you don’t see any issues with it as that is clear and I am happy to explain it to you.

Let me generalise it for you. For SG to display who has how many flags left becomes a privacy issue based against individual players worth within a community allience.

Now the titan results already displays what a player HAS hit by showing us each players score but that is an after THE FACT result BUT giving/displaying stats
BEFORE THE FACT results in decision making based on individual personal worth and that then becomes a privacy issue.

I know it sounds confusing and it may seem like there is no difference between the 2 but they are in fact very different.

Cheers

Although I am still pondering…

The intent of the original O.P. Is different from @LordWoodland whose post was merged here - my understanding of his intention was related to making an informed decision about whether or not to let a titan escape.

As such, if leadership already knew those members who do maximum damage have already used their flags, whereas the newer members to the game might still have theirs, would that not help leadership to decide to release the titan and save their flags for the next one?

I don’t believe an alliance member’s worth is tied up in their titan score, rather for me the higher titan scores gives me something to aspire to beat. A person’s personal worth can NOT be measured by this or any other game.

Also confused on whether the number of flags people are holding is a privacy issue? They are part of an alliance, so as a member of said alliance should they not try to use all their titan flags to achieve the highest score they can? Knowing who still has flags at present can be figured out, but as some have already said the process is cumbersome. We can see who is holding war flags, perhaps something similar to show who has titan flags?

OK… rant over for now, back to pondering…

1 Like

Yes 100% and displaying how many flags are left in total as a whole is and woukd be useful as a whole.
I titally agree with and support thus request.

Yes it would and as a leader we discuss it within our allience as well although I can just look at the titan stats and tell based on there average scores they already hit.

Trust me I do get it and understand the reasoning behind it as we do the same thing by requesting this information within our allience.

And this where the fine line seperates I guess (and starts the hit the privacy policy aspects of things ) as to there being a difference between discussing it and making a decision based on information provided freely from an individual player and SG displaying personal details for a single person to make decisions on what they should do.

As a total no it isn’t a privacy issue. Again fine line.

War is a personal choice to opt in and thus accepting that it is based on a strategy that requires every player to use their hits as well as knowing which player can hit who forms part of that war strategy.

The Titan on the otherhand is a community target
based on allience participation and is (although not limited to) forms part of the main reason to join an allience to begin with in such that if players hit a titan they get booted.
Again fine lines.

I guess in my line if work where privacy policies are important being able to read between these fine lines comes easy to me thus seeing it on SG’s point of view and I have no dout it may sound totally rediculous but nevertheless they are there.

I suppose you could always go read these privacy policies to get a better understanding of where I am coming from and why I feel SG wouldn’t do this.
Again fine lines.

So for the sake of not destroying this great idea (thread) of having a total amount of flags displayed for the titan and not turning it into a debate about what is and isn’t a privacy policy (issue) I will leave it at that and if SG ever impliment this to this extent then so be it. (I don’t see it happening thought)

My point was they never will based on the reasons given above that’s all and that just a flag total was more than enough to determine whether to kill or not kill the titan

Cheers

1 Like

Visible Titan Flags Concept

Here is an Idea about titan flags in alliances. I think we should have a way of seeing how many flags somebody has to use on the titan and how many flags we have used without having to scroll through all the fights and count.
What you would do is you could click on the titan and in the top right corner under the titan’s special would say how many flags the whole alliance has used in total. Then, you could go into the ranks and click on a player to see how many titan flags that they have.
The whole thing about people missing titans and not using most of their flags can be really annoying to some alliance members. I believe that this will be a huge benefit to the game.

I think one way to work with any privacy concerns would be to put a check box in the profile settings. If you’re willing (or not) to let leaders, co-leaders, or everyone see your remaining flags or even top titan hit.
Then you could still allow a total remaining alliance flag count. And a more militant alliance might require the box be checked to divulge personal high score and flag count.

I think it would be great if you could give us a way to see who has titan flags left and how many. That should be a easy one there. It would help determine if we let the titan go or not. Very helpful. What you think?

Please see this post and cast your vote. :slight_smile:

Show remaining titan flags/attacks on players profile for each member of alliance, and total remaining for all members

2 Likes

This is not a new idea - merge please @zephyr1. The search function really is a friend to avoid multiple threads with the same topic.

Show remaining titan flags/attacks on players profile for each member of alliance, and total remaining for all members - #13 by calsr821

Edit - great minds @ThePirateKing :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry had no idea. Sorry to waste your time

No apology needed. The worst question is the one never asked. :smile:

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

And thanks @Sarah2 for the second heads up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes